Patch for the Demon Door issue coming or not?

tpb

• 2 weeks later...

I finished all the DLC stuff today. I've read about glitches, but none of the demon door or book achievements glitched out on me. :confused:

the only glitches I experienced was near the end of the game, it wouldn't let me quick travel in my sanctum (using the d-pad to move between rooms) and John Cleese wouldn't talk to me anymore. :C

the only glitches I experienced was near the end of the game, it wouldn't let me quick travel in my sanctum (using the d-pad to move between rooms) and John Cleese wouldn't talk to me anymore. :C

Did you open any gifts before trying to travel to Sanctuary rooms? If so, that is why. After opening gifts, d-pad options don't appear:p

• 4 weeks later...

Just had this glitch today, 1/29/2012 >< So guess I have to do a second playthrough for this achievement. *sigh*

<snipped out>

Edit: Nevermind, after I posted about the 503 error the search decided to prove me wrong and wake up, so search is working again. Will look this up in the forum. lol

Edited by PhoenixWolfCub

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah unlike Ubisoft (fixing AS:R book glitch in the next title update) seems lionhead really don't care about quailty to the fans. They'll be busy on the next money earning thing. Fan base, support etc isn't a issue ot them (like no repair/buy all etc for the rent either thou didn't they add that to the later released pc version ?) Meh most dev studios suck now.

Yeah unlike Ubisoft (fixing AS:R book glitch in the next title update) seems lionhead really don't care about quailty to the fans. They'll be busy on the next money earning thing. Fan base, support etc isn't a issue ot them (like no repair/buy all etc for the rent either thou didn't they add that to the later released pc version ?) Meh most dev studios suck now.

100% agree! I would be very shocked if they released a patch for this issue.

It's been nearly a year since the DLC was released. I think it's safe to say it's not going to happen.

I remember watching an interview or reading something a while back and lionhead pretty much said they were not going to be releasing any more patches for the game. Damn I can't remember for the life of me where I saw it. Could have been X-Play or something...

• 2 weeks later...
So is there any way around the glitches(starting from beginning) in this game or are we just screwed?

This game can't be that messed up, is it?(Don't even own, but will soon)

There are already a few posts on this, but yes, there is a way around the glitched demon door achievement (DLC related). If you're just going for the original 1000, there aren't major problems with one exception. It seems a few have experienced losing everything when joining someone else's game. I've never read that anyone has found out why. No way around it.

If you're going for 100% for the DLC too, the biggest problem is the Demon Doors. Just don't open *any* doors until you've opened the DLC one first & you'll be ok. If you open any of the original Demon Doors & then open the DLC Demon Door, the counter get's f'ed up and you won't get the achievement.

Aside from possibly not getting all the achievements, this is a great game. I too started it just a week ago despite having owned it since release. Like the prior releases, this is a very fun, light-hearted, & not too difficult game. Just enjoy its wackiness & worry about the achievements after you've completed the story.

There are already a few posts on this, but yes, there is a way around the glitched demon door achievement (DLC related). If you're just going for the original 1000, there aren't major problems with one exception. It seems a few have experienced losing everything when joining someone else's game. I've never read that anyone has found out why. No way around it.

If you're going for 100% for the DLC too, the biggest problem is the Demon Doors. Just don't open *any* doors until you've opened the DLC one first & you'll be ok. If you open any of the original Demon Doors & then open the DLC Demon Door, the counter get's f'ed up and you won't get the achievement.

Aside from possibly not getting all the achievements, this is a great game. I too started it just a week ago despite having owned it since release. Like the prior releases, this is a very fun, light-hearted, & not too difficult game. Just enjoy its wackiness & worry about the achievements after you've completed the story.

Lol okay thanks for taking your time to say this, helps a lot.

I loved Fable 2 and hope It'll be the same for me here as well.

Yeah, I will be getting the DLC and like you said, I'll do it once the game is finished and open the DLC Doors first hehe.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Obviously I didn't write the code for the game, but I don't understand why they can't just issue a patch that searches for the counter in the save file on how many have been opened, and just pop the achievement if it finds 7

However, maybe the counter got corrupted in the save file.

Writing a patch on the 360 would require a LOT of time and money on Lionhead's part. They're too wrapped up in other projects now.