Thoughts on the ending*spoilersduh*

collin232

What are your thoughts on the ending? I thought it wrapped up and explained so many things and had one of the most satisfying endings I've ever experienced.

Really? I felt like it explained so much confusing jumps back and forth hard to understand what they where trying to explain. One of the most confusing DLC's or story I followed..

I don't think it was Elizabeth that invented the protection thing. It was nature. In the end, the little sisters were the one that saved the big daddy. Therefore the big daddy became loyal to them. I think it was just the nature of things. It was being looked at by Suchong in the wrong way. It was natural action and thoughtfulness that couldn't be created out of a scientific experiment.

The jump backs wouldn't be confusing if you understood the story. Play the first game and then come to Infinite. The DLC just confirmed all the suspicions I had about the first game and then some. I loved it!

I was 100% completely satisfied. Absolutely loved the DLC from the moment you stepped into Paris. I love the foreshadowing, the stealth, the development of Elizabeth, and the feeling of weakness compared to Booker. I felt like I was at a disadvantage and had to play a lot more strategically. Big boost in the gameplay because of that!

BioShock will always hold a special place in my gaming heart. I just hope it isn't messed around with from here on out. As much as I love Rapture, I will also miss Columbia. I can't wait to finish up the Rapture novel. To those that haven't read it yet, I do recommend it as I am about 80% of the way through!

Heres to Devs in the industry following the BioShock success. What I would give to experience it for the first time again...

Edited by Canadan

I know it was nature. When I dated she created it I used "" because yes it's nature but because of her actions it was discovered. And she kinda got the girls to help the Big Daddy based off what she knew and had learned before. Maybe I'm just not explaining myself well.

I liked how you get to witness the death of Suchong this time. In Bioshock it was on an Aidio Diary.

Kinda agree with Missy J up there, it did get a little...umm....towards the end there, but I did like the way it ended.

I really enjoyed this DLC, better than the first part, sneaking about worked really well, the Ice Plasmid and Ironsights felt a bit useless though, I used Peeping Tom all the way through it along with Tranq Bow.

I know Bio's future is rocky, but I would so love Bioshock 3 or Infinite 2, or whatever with next gen GFX.

I know it was nature. When I dated she created it I used "" because yes it's nature but because of her actions it was discovered. And she kinda got the girls to help the Big Daddy based off what she knew and had learned before. Maybe I'm just not explaining myself well.

but who in the world learned it, Suchong obviously wasn't going to be able to tell anybody about it and unless those 2 little sisters went around bringing every other Big Daddy to near death just so It could be saved by another little sister that whole little scene seems pointless. Songbird was 1 creature fixed on 1 girl so it only needed to happen once, there were countless Daddies and Sisters so to think every one of them saved the others life is just silly

I know Bio's future is rocky, but I would so love Bioshock 3 or Infinite 2, or whatever with next gen GFX.

I would be perfectly content if they left it at this and did nothing more with the franchise. They told the story, and told an amazing one at that, but anything else may feel like they're just trying to force something to continue the franchise for monetary reasons.

but who in the world learned it, Suchong obviously wasn't going to be able to tell anybody about it and unless those 2 little sisters went around bringing every other Big Daddy to near death just so It could be saved by another little sister that whole little scene seems pointless. Songbird was 1 creature fixed on 1 girl so it only needed to happen once, there were countless Daddies and Sisters so to think every one of them saved the others life is just silly

I agree. I didn't think about it with other Sisters and Daddys. Maybe they just followed suit. Either way I still loved it and how a lot of what happened set the original Bioshock in motion. Or at least help the story it told.

I would be perfectly content if they left it at this and did nothing more with the franchise. They told the story, and told an amazing one at that, but anything else may feel like they're just trying to force something to continue the franchise for monetary reasons.

With how well Infinite sold, I highly doubt 2K is just going to let the franchise fade away. Definitely see sequels or spinoffs coming in the next few years.

I hope anyway because I can't get enough Bioshock.

Well ending and this whole story of dlc was satisfying for me, a lot of things were wrapped up and explained. For example plasmids in infinite (maybe it was explained in infinite but i finished a long time ago so i might not remember) but in this dlc in one of voxophones fink says that he's paying fortune for his underwater expeditions for sea slugs or how atlas/fontaine got away from his prison (they even mentioned attack on kashmir restaurant which was a start for a war between ryan and atlas)

the ending I enjoyed, but the rest of this DLC made no sense. I don't get how Liz dies and then gains her finger but loses her powers, I don't get why anybody cared about Sally to begin with, in fact from the way the first DLC played out I thought Sally was a delusion Rapture-Booker created over his guilt/fake memories flooding in. speaking of him if she just wanted him dead then the whole little charade makes even less sense, but oh well still cool how everything connected to the original

This is my biggest gripe. Finding the girl is the whole motivation for Liz, but it is never revealed what their connection is. It's just dropped. Same with her death at the start.

Also, why did Atlas call the note "Ace in the Hole", when he clearly new it was the activation phrase. Why speak in riddles in an interrogation? He was clearly at the brink of desperation.

Why did he sent Liz to get the note? They pretty much got that whole place under control when she arrives and didn't have to face any enemies.

The connection to Bioshock 1 means nothing. It doesn't flesh out the story in any way. It changes nothing. Woah, now we have a connection for the sake of connecting the two even more, even though it is clear it was only an afterthought.

The connection to Bioshock 1 means nothing. It doesn't flesh out the story in any way. It changes nothing. Woah, now we have a connection for the sake of connecting the two even more, even though it is clear it was only an afterthought.

How would the connection ever mean anything more? They didn't make BioShock 1 with the intention of making Infinite and then connecting the two universes together? It seems like any attempt at connecting would just be for the sake of connecting and never actually explain anything that wasn't just a connection.

Also, pretty sure they "explained" how Atlas got the character from the first game to Rapture... If you remember in BioShock 1, Atlas says something like, "Do you think you'd be on that plane if I didn't want you to be?"

Of course, I still have some questions. I feel Liz was seeking Sally because she felt bad basically using her to get back at Comstock...but the Lutece's are definitely involved in a much much bigger way. I'd love to see how. They basically were the catalysts that created Columbia and destroyed Rapture... There has to be a reason.

I found this video on youtube that answers some of these questions. Of course, it brings up even more questions that I hadn't thought of before, lol. For example, what about the alpha big daddy in Bioshock 2? You should also read the good comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pg468lcTjHw

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/I%20found%20this%20video%20on%20youtube%20that%20answers%20some%20of%20these%20questions.Of%20course,%20it%20brings%20up%20even%20more%20questions%20that%20I%20hadn

Edited by x Zot x

the ending I enjoyed, but the rest of this DLC made no sense. I don't get how Liz dies and then gains her finger but loses her powers, I don't get why anybody cared about Sally to begin with, in fact from the way the first DLC played out I thought Sally was a delusion Rapture-Booker created over his guilt/fake memories flooding in. speaking of him if she just wanted him dead then the whole little charade makes even less sense, but oh well still cool how everything connected to the original

You read exactly my mind, if Liz in Burial at Sea ep 1 is the Liz from Infinite then she died because of Big Daddy, then how can she return back to do this whole circle thing? I guess that's how the Lutece brothers returned and jumped to another time/place after they got killed by Fink. Well, it's infinite possiblities, if Levine decided to make another Bioshock or DLC, then he would definitely revive Liz =))