Was going to....

Beanboy83

Was going to rent this, but apparently they're doing the same greedy thing EA does. Online passes. Which means if you rent or buy this used, you have to pay $10 to play online with it.

I thought EA was the only ones greedy enough to do that. Guess I won't be renting this.

I feel like the last two WWE games had online passes. This isn't a new concept at this point. You get a 7-day trial anyway, so if you're just renting it, there won't be any issues.

'13 is, without question, the best WWE game I've played since Ps2, and I have all of them maxed out.

How dare they want to receive money when people play their game, the greedy bastards!!! /sarcasm

I agree with this to an extent, but I disagree with it when it comes to people who buy the game preowned, I think the shop should have to give the dev/publisher some money and then the dev/publisher should provide the shop with online pass codes, whichh are then passed on the the customer, at a reduced rate.

1) Lets say someone buys it new for £40 they get the £8 code included.

2) Someone rents the game they have to pay the full £8 for the code.

3) Then someone buys the game Preowned for £30, the retailer should have to give the publisher %20 of the income, then the publisher provides the retailer with online passes that can be pass on to the customer at a reduced price of £4. This would have a knock on effect of reducing the amount of money people receive when they trade in a game, lets say the trader receives £20 instead of £25.

My numbers for option three are made up but you get the idea, I hope you do anyway.

I get and kind of agree with what you're saying, but it's kind of the same as since the trade in shops make all the profit for the second hand games, they should charge £7 less to off-set the price of buying the game second hand. I think it's right the publishers should charge for an online pass, and £7 is a pretty fair charge for it, but because the price of pre-owned games hasn't come down, they effectively cost £7 more if you want to play online.

I think it's the trade-in shops that are more to blame for this than the publishers, but unfortunately it's the publishers who take the grief for it.

I suppose the best (but not great) solution would be if you're buying a pre-owned game, buy it on eBay instead where you'll save probably more than the online pass costs anyway.