If you could have 1 PS3 game on Xbox 360, what would it be?

Dirty130

Whatever your reasoning, be it for the multiplayer or achievements. Maybe you just don't like the controller?

For me, I've always thought the Uncharted series, but have now changed that to The Last of Us. I feel the game's multiplayer would be awesome on Xbox 360. The player base would be larger I'm sure, and more players would have mics. I say the last thing because it's such a game where communication is key more than ever compared to other 'Rambo' multiplayer shooters out there.

Linking up with Xbox friends to play 5v5 matches would be sooo sweet! And they'd all get to play the stellar campaign and about to be released prequel DLC too.

Games like Heavy Rain, God of War, MGS4, MotorStorm 1 + 2, Resistance 3 and Tales of.. games all come to mind, but I'll go with TLoU.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of choices, but I would probably go with the Last of Us, or a personal preference of Beyond Two Souls. That game looked interesting.

Yeah, I've thought about getting Beyond, but there are so many games to play right now, I'll get it when it's cheaper.

Persona 5

If they improve on Persona 4 Golden this is going to be one of the best RPGs ever. If I could only play one more game in my life It would be this one.

Is Persona 4 really that good? I've only ever played the recent 2D Persona fighting game. Never one of their RPGs. Curious..

For a standalone, Ni No Kuni. 2nd place would go the the Tales of Symphonia HD rerelease.

For a series, all the Dynasty Warrior games that don't make their way to the 360. I hate how we don't get the XL and Empires expansions, Pirate Warriors, Samurai Warriors 3 or 4, or Dynasty Warriors Gundam 4.

Is Persona 4 really that good? I've only ever played the recent 2D Persona fighting game. Never one of their RPGs. Curious..

Well, did you like the humor of the game? Persona 4 itself is relatively light hearted (This whole "friendship" stuff actually annoyed me after a while. It is a bit weird for us westeners.), while Persona 3 is rather dark in comparison. So Arena is closer to Persona 4.

Either way it's an extremely unique RPG, which distinguishes it from the copycat jRPgs masses. But you obviously have to like older japanese RPGs and turnbased combat and also tolerate "dungeon grinding" to a certain degree (which I usually hate myself). The difficulty is also kinda high if you never played a game of the series. Especially in Persona 3.

But the whole Persona-fusioning stuff (just think of it as Pokemon collecting if you like...) and maxing your "stats" to being able to uncover stronger and possibly very strong Personas is extremely addictive, since you can inherit certain skills/spells and also stats (like immunity to certain damage) on them by combining different Personas with different stats. You actually have to plan out the way you fuse your Personas or you might not even be able to complete Persona 3 for example, as the games have somewhat of a time limit.

And the actual characters in the game are also quite likeable, which is good, as there is a fuckton of dialogue in the game. And yeah, its better than in Arena. The Arena story is garbage, no idea what the hell this is supposed to be. Probably fanservice.

I think I dropped 90 hours in my first P4G playthrough ... and I neither grinded a lot nor did I do anything else repetitive. The amount of content of that game was just insane ... but the PS2 Persona 4 is a bit shorter.

Edited by Schreckofant

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5! Definitely Kingdom Hearts! It hasn't been out yet, but I'd definitely pick this.

Although Kingdom Hearts III will be on both Xbox One and PS4, I'm so sad to see that the main installments were Sony exclusive, and the smaller titles on Nintendo devices. I had to borrow a friends DS and PS2 just to play some of the games.

S̶h̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶K̶H̶.̶

Just kidding. :)

Edited by Dramatic Unknown

Valkryia Chronicles

Hey, I forgot all about that one. I played the demo and immediately ordered it off eBay because E.B. Games didn't have it. I don't care much for trophies, but wish it had some. It's got very addictive gameplay.

Well, did you like the humor of the game? Persona 4 itself is relatively light hearted (This whole "friendship" stuff actually annoyed me after a while. It is a bit weird for us westeners.), while Persona 3 is rather dark in comparison. So Arena is closer to Persona 4.

Either way it's an extremely unique RPG, which distinguishes it from the copycat jRPgs masses. But you obviously have to like older japanese RPGs and turnbased combat and also tolerate "dungeon grinding" to a certain degree (which I usually hate myself). The difficulty is also kinda high if you never played a game of the series. Especially in Persona 3.

But the whole Persona-fusioning stuff (just think of it as Pokemon collecting if you like...) and maxing your "stats" to being able to uncover stronger and possibly very strong Personas is extremely addictive, since you can inherit certain skills/spells and also stats (like immunity to certain damage) on them by combining different Personas with different stats. You actually have to plan out the way you fuse your Personas or you might not even be able to complete Persona 3 for example, as the games have somewhat of a time limit.

And the actual characters in the game are also quite likeable, which is good, as there is a fuckton of dialogue in the game. And yeah, its better than in Arena. The Arena story is garbage, no idea what the hell this is supposed to be. Probably fanservice.

I think I dropped 90 hours in my first P4G playthrough ... and I neither grinded a lot nor did I do anything else repetitive. The amount of content of that game was just insane ... but the PS2 Persona 4 is a bit shorter.

Hey, thanks for the input. It's appreciated. Because of the time it would take to finish 3, 4 or 4G. I don't think I'll ever actually start one. They certainly sound appealing though. I wouldn't rule it out, just need a good lull in games being released + my back catalogue to clear up some more.

For how into RPG's you are I'm surprised you don't have a PS3, well I guess I don't know, maybe you do. I often wonder that about a few members from the site who are really into RPG/JRPG's and anime/Japanese games. Sony consoles just feel like the place for those fans. Anyway, I'm not too into JRPG's but Ni No Kuni was (along with The Last Of Us) are huge part of why I got a PS3. I never got around to finishing it but it was excellent.

Yeah, while there are some quality JRPGs on Xbox 360, the best ones are probably on PS3. There are a ton of PS3 exclusive JRPGs! (As I'm sure you all know :))

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5! Definitely Kingdom Hearts! It hasn't been out yet, but I'd definitely pick this.

Although Kingdom Hearts III will be on both Xbox One and PS4, I'm so sad to see that the main installments were Sony exclusive, and the smaller titles on Nintendo devices. I had to borrow a friends DS and PS2 just to play some of the games.

S̶h̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶K̶H̶.̶

Just kidding. :)

Yeah, the first two games not getting an Xbox release does suck a bit, but at least we have the third game to look forward to.