CONFIRMED: Microsoft to Reverse Xbox One DRM Policies

xhunterrrr

The used game market is HUGE. Otherwise GameStop/EB and GAME would be out of business.

---

I for one could care less at this point. I just want to go take a nap and wake up in late October ... ;)

You mean just in time for the PS4 to come out?

Look, good for Microsoft for removing the policies, but I don't believe they did this to benefit gamers. I think they did it to benefit themselves in the short term so in the future these policies can be re-implemented when they've got a few million people locked into the system. I will not be one of those people. I love the 360, but I feel that Microsoft crossed the line here and I'm walking away from it.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The PlayStation 4 is an upcoming video game console from Sony Computer Entertainment." -Wikipedia

No need to thank me :p

Wikipedia can be edited by anyone and the world is full of liars.

I've heard of the PS3 2.0, but not this PS4 you speak of. Tell me, what new innovations does it have over the PS3 other than cosmetic changes, faster CPU/GPU, and more RAM? Does it still have the big draw the PS3 had -- free online gaming?

I've heard of the PS3 2.0, but not this PS4 you speak of. Tell me, what new innovations does it have over the PS3 other than cosmetic changes, faster CPU/GPU, and more RAM? Does it still have the big draw the PS3 had -- free online gaming?

this.jpg

Interesting read (not).

I don't even know how....screw it I'm done with replying to fanboy posts.

Interesting read (not).

I don't even know how....screw it I'm done with replying to fanboy posts.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1scfjrpje1qgssuto1_250.gif

:woop: :woop: :woop:

Hey, I'm just saying ... the PS4 is basically PS3 2.0. And the Xbox One was innovative. Now it's pretty much a 360 2.0. Though, the difference really is that the hardware for Xbox One is still there, and Microsoft can undo the Day One Patch any time ...

:woop: :woop: :woop:

Hey, I'm just saying ... the PS4 is basically PS3 2.0. And the Xbox One was innovative. Now it's pretty much a 360 2.0. Though, the difference really is that the hardware for Xbox One is still there, and Microsoft can undo the Day One Patch any time ...

I've asked people here who are supporters (or were) of PS4 (even though I have nothing against it) of what its merits were, I've never gotten an answer. Its always just/was "it's not the Xbox One".

http://i.qkme.me/3uin7g.jpg

Ow yes innovation! All Sony need to do is force there camera on us and add TV features that no one really cares about and they can be just as innovative as Microsoft! Sigh...

Edited by Malak101

I've asked people here who are supporters (or were) of PS4 (even though I have nothing against it) of what its merits were, I've never gotten an answer. Its always just/was "it's not the Xbox One".

While I could come up with a couple of things, and I could argue X1 has less than what it seems like, then I'm just going to stick with this; don't fix it if it ain't broken.

Seriously.

The NES to SNES to N64 were all pretty much the same thing with upgraded hardware. Did you call those NES 1,2 and 3? Ignorance.

I for one could care less at this point. I just want to go take a nap and wake up in late October ... ;)

Wake me up

When September ends

anyway guys someone went off on a "new coke" comparison with Xbox One and it's just goddamn fitting that i'm the sort of person that, when I drink a coke, I'm drinking one that's been imported from Mexico that has sugar in it instead of high fructose corn syrup

the point I'm trying to make here is Duke sucks.

http://youaintnopicasso.com/images/dukesucks.jpg

Edited by Felonious Monk

anyway guys someone went off on a "new coke" comparison with Xbox One and it's just goddamn fitting that i'm the sort of person that, when I drink a coke, I'm drinking one that's been imported from Mexico that has sugar in it instead of high fructose corn syrup

the point I'm trying to make here is Duke sucks.

http://youaintnopicasso.com/images/dukesucks.jpg

Duke does suck. :D

Seriously.

The NES to SNES to N64 were all pretty much the same thing with upgraded hardware. Did you call those NES 1,2 and 3? Ignorance.

Yeah, some people just don't understand.

Did I call them NES 1,2,3, and 4 ??? Not really, but I'm also not saying there is anything WRONG with the PS4 just being a PS3 with minor innovations and upgraded graphical throughput. That is a viable way to go, and I think most fans are happy with Sony's approach.

I'm just pointing out that the Xbox One (as presented) was basically like the Wii compared to the GameCube or the Dreamcast compared to the Saturn.

It's a big leap forward ... and I'll admit, most people weren't ready for that big of a leap. Microsoft was smart to dial it back instead of blindly heading down the road that Nintendo and Sega did. Sega luckily pulled up before they hit the ground and became red mist. Nintendo has yet to acknowledge that they're in a nose dive headed straight for Mount Fuji.

I don't want to get into an argument about whether Nintendo is really in that bad of trouble or not, just using them as a comparison. Even the Wii U compared to the Wii was a pretty big leap, one that only hardcore gamers were really ready for ... and since Nintendo's target audience is not hardcore gamers ... YIKES!

---

But my point is, the PS4 is just a minor shift towards interconnected gaming and the digital gaming world. People are ready for that minor tiny shift. They weren't ready for Microsoft to go full retard.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6WHBO_Qc-Q]Tropic Thunder (5/10) Movie CLIP - Never Go Full Retard (2008) HD - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Darth VeX

From the current standpoint where you can't upgrade the console at will, upgrading its features would class as a new console, and next-gen would still stand.

F Microsoft undid the Day One Patch, they would be next on the list for worst company beating EA.