Hotel Maximus glitched?

ponypo2001

I just bought out all 12 hotels in a game of Original Rules Monopoly (didn't alter anything and played the default top choice). Built hotels till the bank said there were no more left to build and it read 0. I even finished the game and no achievement. Can anyone tell me what the fuck is going on? I just spent ages doing this for nothing and I'm pissed off.

Thanks.

EDIT : Got it to pop. If anyone else has this trouble here's 2 things I did different. I played on the original Monopoly board this time and made sure to do the whole thing in one sitting. One or both of those made it pop this time. Now just the online and I'm done.

Edited by ponypo2001

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Original board doesnt matter, i can confirm. My wife and I did it using the "Streets" board just with original rules. Also one person does not have to own all the homes, we split them up between us due to money. So it works.

Thanks for the information! I really prefer the "Streets" board. I enjoy seeing my family and friend's avatars walking by as I am playing.

Edit: Unlocked fine. No glitch using Monopoly Streets board.

Edited by billjones0302

Thanks for the information! I really prefer the "Streets" board. I enjoy seeing my family and friend's avatars walking by as I am playing.

Edit: Unlocked fine. No glitch using Monopoly Streets board.

I used four controllers and set the game up on the Monopoly Streets board. Simply go around the board purchasing properties, do not buy hotels until the final property is owned (I did not want to bankrupt anyone, if it might affect the achievement). You can also mortgage the properties, so anyone landing on them will not pay fees. I, then traded all properties (all 8 color tiles) to the controller needing the achievement. Began purchasing houses and hotels until the game alerted me that there were no more available (takes between $6,000-7,000). I completed my turn and the achievement unlocked. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

what happenned to me is i created a costum game with 12 hotels and 32 houses. also i put city build on , all properties dealt at the beginning of the game, and i made it so everybody got $2500 in the beginning of the game. once i started this game, the computers built hotels like crazy and in no time, i got the achievement. i wasn't expecting to get the achievement that way, but it worked for me, and it might work for you!

Edited by robert995

• 1 year later...
what happenned to me is i created a costum game with 12 hotels and 32 houses. also i put city build on , all properties dealt at the beginning of the game, and i made it so everybody got $2500 in the beginning of the game. once i started this game, the computers built hotels like crazy and in no time, i got the achievement. i wasn't expecting to get the achievement that way, but it worked for me, and it might work for you!

This did not work for me. How about anyone else?

• 1 year later...

Okay... I FINALLY got it!

First of all... this achievement IS glitched!!! To the people who made achievement guides... update your damn guide!

It may not matter which board you are using (according to a few people), and it may not matter if you use custom rules (although... this would need to be confirmed).

That said... here is what you MUST do, to make sure you DO NOT glitch the achievement. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES, should you ever quit your game, and reload a game-save. If you do... the achievement will NOT unlock! I tried to get this achievement about 7 or 8 times, and the reason it failed EVERY TIME... was because I was reloading the game at the point where you roll to see who goes first. Don't worry about it! Just start the game (with 3 "dummy" players, if you have extra controllers) and get enough complete properties to build hotels until there are no more hotels available. The achievement will unlock as soon as you "Save and Exit" from your Hotels purchase (it might have done it as soon as moved the cursor to the last hotel purchase... I don't remember, since I saved as soon as I did that - and I was a bit stunned when it FINALLY popped)!

• 1 year later...
Okay... I FINALLY got it!

First of all... this achievement IS glitched!!! To the people who made achievement guides... update your damn guide!

It may not matter which board you are using (according to a few people), and it may not matter if you use custom rules (although... this would need to be confirmed).

That said... here is what you MUST do, to make sure you DO NOT glitch the achievement. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES, should you ever quit your game, and reload a game-save. If you do... the achievement will NOT unlock! I tried to get this achievement about 7 or 8 times, and the reason it failed EVERY TIME... was because I was reloading the game at the point where you roll to see who goes first. Don't worry about it! Just start the game (with 3 "dummy" players, if you have extra controllers) and get enough complete properties to build hotels until there are no more hotels available. The achievement will unlock as soon as you "Save and Exit" from your Hotels purchase (it might have done it as soon as moved the cursor to the last hotel purchase... I don't remember, since I saved as soon as I did that - and I was a bit stunned when it FINALLY popped)!

So basically buy all hotels and then save and quit? I just did a brand new save got 0 hotels and finished it still no ach :/ but yeah i'll try this cheers.

• 5 months later...
So basically buy all hotels and then save and quit? I just did a brand new save got 0 hotels and finished it still no ach :/ but yeah i'll try this cheers.

He doesn't mean quit the game he means build then hit save after building for anyone still going for this. I did it with 4 controllers and won every auction and waited to build until I had enough $ to build all 12 hotels. Once I built them it popped straight away. Good luck.