Gifted Car can't be upgraded? (online)

pegaso650

In online mode, after I did the Rockstar Energy challenge (Paris Power Lap, under Global Challenge), I found the Aston Martin Vanquish (that's the car used for that challenge) as "owned" in Vehicle Showroom.

It can't be upgraded though, it says: Vehicle Upgrade Locked.

I suppose it could be because I'm just at level 12 and that is a level 21 car, so i wonder: did anyone above level 21 got that car gifted and can upgrade it?

There have been other cars gifted after some Global Challenge events in previous weeks (I got the game just this tuesday), and if so, which ones?

In online mode, after I did the Rockstar Energy challenge (Paris Power Lap, under Global Challenge), I found the Aston Martin Vanquish (that's the car used for that challenge) as "owned" in Vehicle Showroom.

It can't be upgraded though, it says: Vehicle Upgrade Locked.

I suppose it could be because I'm just at level 12 and that is a level 21 car, so i wonder: did anyone above level 21 got that car gifted and can upgrade it?

There have been other cars gifted after some Global Challenge events in previous weeks (I got the game just this tuesday), and if so, which ones?

So far, I've only got the Vanquish, but there might have been one more, I didn't get the game until about a week after release and then didn't play MP for a couple of days.

I think you can start upgrading the car at Level 21. I was disappointed myself when I found out that I couldn't upgrade it, I wanted a Tier 4 car that wasn't the SLR because it sucks. :p Could upgrade the NSX but that isn't much better to drive either.