Auto Renewal Off?

Samigi

Right, I want to take annual Auto Renewal off of my xbox live. My credit card is on the 360 and I tried to take it off on my xbox but I was unable, I then tried on xbox.com and it said I can't because my xbox live is running on the card. THEN It told me to phone up and I was put on hold for over 2 Hours each time so what's the point? So does ANYONE know how I can turn auto renewal off?

What you mean "I was put on hold for over 2 hours each time"? Are you waiting that long and hanging up or are they not assisting you?

From what I can remember, the card can be removed right away. I've done it multiple times for the 1 month/3 month offers for silver members on my original account and each time I have purchased XBL, I've been able to remove the payment option.

Anyway, last resort is to call them and WAIT on the line. If you have a cordless handset, I'm sure the phone also has a speaker button. Press it, put the phone down and live your life as per usual until someone asks for you.

I've gone on to the site and it sends a code to my alternate email. The thing is I dont know the password for my alternate email or any information about it, Im really confused.

To turn off auto renewal I need to access the email. Surely they should send the important items to my primary?

Edited by Samigi

I've gone on to the site and it sends a code to my alternate email. The thing is I dont know the password for my alternate email or any information about it, Im really confused.

You could click on forgotten password and see if it brings up the generalised questions like "mothers maiden name" or "your first pets name"

I'm sure it'll click when you see the question.

You could click on forgotten password and see if it brings up the generalised questions like "mothers maiden name" or "your first pets name"

I'm sure it'll click when you see the question.

Yes, but I was in a rush when I did all of this information, I Dont think the email even belongs to me. Ive never heard of it anyway. It came up as Your first pets name I put the answer but it was apparently wrong so yeh, Im screwed unless they decide to send the code to my ACTUAL email associated with my account.

They send it to an alternative to make sure you are who you are. It makes sence.

The only other thing I can think of doing (which I'm not sure if it still works) is buy a 3 month prepaid Xbox live card, put the code in and it used to turn your auto renew off... But im not 100% if it still does it...

It's worth a shot. Cheers though.

From your first post, it seems you were able to get into the billing/account info on Xbox.com..??

I removed my CC over a year ago. I had to turn off auto-renew, let my account go Silver, then use a 3 month card, and only then, did it let me remove my credit card completely. It was a pain.

But it seems that you cannot even log onto Xbox.com?

From your first post, it seems you were able to get into the billing/account info on Xbox.com..??

I removed my CC over a year ago. I had to turn off auto-renew, let my account go Silver, then use a 3 month card, and only then, did it let me remove my credit card completely. It was a pain.

Well he can log in, but the site has a new part where it emails your alternative email address a code to verify who you are.

He can't remember that password is the problem

Also Xbox support won't speak to him as they are taking ages

Oh oh! Idea!

Do you have twitter samigi ?

Tweet your problem to @xboxsupport they reply pretty fast and can sometimes get people to phone and speak with you!

I can log on to Xbox.com I just require access to my second email adress (which I have not heard of) to get rid of auto renewal. It sends a code to that address to turn off Auto Ren but I cant access it. I was expecting it to send to my primary email but obviously not.

Well he can log in, but the site has a new part where it emails your alternative email address a code to verify who you are.

He can't remember that password is the problem

Also Xbox support won't speak to him as they are taking ages

Oh oh! Idea!

Do you have twitter samigi ?

Tweet your problem to @xboxsupport they reply pretty fast and can sometimes get people to phone and speak with you!

I have Twitter, I've never really used it though, Ill have a look. Thanks

other members were having this problem not too long ago if memory serves, i think there was a thread on it too. i personally didnt realize they put your card on "auto-renew" until mcbob or somebody mentioned it in the thread.

i believe we had an update regarding this very issue actuallly, i remember getting the console update then it emmediately brought me to the "terms and conditions" about xbl n stuff. im assuming they are trying to cover their ass:p