Expiration Dates A Lie?

Otisbum

So I got XBLA Unplugged Vol. 1 in the mail yesterday and remembered there being a free month card in it. I look on the back and notice it expired almost exactly 1 year ago.

Then I think "Screw it, I'll try and redeem it anyway". Well it worked, I just got the confirmation e-mail earlier.

This just a mess-up on MS' part, or has this happened to anyone else?

Thats really weird. I've never been in a position to redeem anything expired over xbox live but i'll let my Halo 3 48 Hr. code expire and try it in several months.

I find that very strange though, and if they were fake how would that be benefiting MS, or would it not?

Question of my own here, do all copies of GTA IV come with a free month of Xbox live?

Thats really weird. I've never been in a position to redeem anything expired over xbox live but i'll let my Halo 3 48 Hr. code expire and try it in several months.

I find that very strange though, and if they were fake how would that be benefiting MS, or would it not?

Question of my own here, do all copies of GTA IV come with a free month of Xbox live?

I think it is only pre-orders, I have bought two copies of the game, one pre-order (SE) and another replacement and only the pre-order came with one

So I got XBLA Unplugged Vol. 1 in the mail yesterday and remembered there being a free month card in it. I look on the back and notice it expired almost exactly 1 year ago.

Then I think "Screw it, I'll try and redeem it anyway". Well it worked, I just got the confirmation e-mail earlier.

This just a mess-up on MS' part, or has this happened to anyone else?

maybe u got lucky because when i got my webcam and tried the free 1month trial it didn't work and it expired 8 months ago or somthing arpund there.

i hope they dont expire because i have a 1000ms point card and cant rember where i put it and i no its around here somewhere when i find it i hope its not out of date :( also have a few month codes for xbox live i should fish them out and look for the expirey, also my GTA had a month code aswell :D

i hope they dont expire because i have a 1000ms point card and cant rember where i put it and i no its around here somewhere when i find it i hope its not out of date :( also have a few month codes for xbox live i should fish them out and look for the expirey, also my GTA had a month code aswell :D

If you don't find it by tomorrow, call the FBI, they should know, they have an eye on you...

I don't think MS are that cruel...they would be wasting a lot of ink on branding the cards with dates. ;)
What do you think the purpose of gift cards and certificates is? So customers are either:

a.) Exchanging money for a currency that only they accept.

or

b.) Misplacing said currency after already having paid the store for it, thus needing to purchase more.

It's a win-win situation for corporations this way. Which is why they encourage people to buy gift cards around the holidays. :p

What do you think the purpose of gift cards and certificates is? So customers are either:

a.) Exchanging money for a currency that only they accept.

or

b.) Misplacing said currency after already having paid the store for it, thus needing to purchase more.

It's a win-win situation for corporations this way. Which is why they encourage people to buy gift cards around the holidays. :p

Along with A) should be that in using your git cards you are always a little under or over (you took way to much time out to make it exact) which means that they gain that little that you don't spend (if it's only .50 most wont save the card) or they get the extra from where you went over, over their competitors. Business... so sneaky.