We've got to get across this road!!!!

Zacharoni

This part on veteran is absolutely insane, and from that quote alone you know exactly what I am talking about.

I need some tips, anything will help me I just can't get up that damn hill.

I am all:uzi:and then the germans are all:uzi:but there are more germans than me so I die, and I cant see them through the bushes so I get shot out of nowhere and am like:confused: and then:mad:.

This part on veteran is absolutely insane, and from that quote alone you know exactly what I am talking about.

I need some tips, anything will help me I just can't get up that damn hill.

I am all:uzi:and then the germans are all:uzi:but there are more germans than me so I die, and I cant see them through the bushes so I get shot out of nowhere and am like:confused: and then:mad:.

well i can tell you that the sniper rifle is your best friend. take 90% of your shots from the hill just before the busted up tank. as far as i've noticed, and trust me i'm STILL working on getting past the part just after that, the enemies do stop coming after a while. now if i can only get past that damn mortar geez!! good luck to you.:uzi:

I JUST DID IT!!!!!!

Oh yea, beat the level, if anyone needs any help with it just post right here and I will tell you. I really discovered a foolproof plan. And the mortar part isnt THAT hard, it took me 4 tries to do it, you just have to aim down and keep hitting those trucks and stuff. Also you are invincible while shooting/reloading, and you can drop off the thing at any time if you are about to die.

here's my issue with 'the road'......argh!!!! I've gotten past the hill and into the little german pussy house. Then I'm trying to get to the damn mortar but I've got about 10 annoying troops with me and they're blocking my path. Since guys are running at us I can't get a clear target cause I've got my guys blocking me.

Damn!!!

• 1 year later...
I JUST DID IT!!!!!!

Oh yea, beat the level, if anyone needs any help with it just post right here and I will tell you. I really discovered a foolproof plan. And the mortar part isnt THAT hard, it took me 4 tries to do it, you just have to aim down and keep hitting those trucks and stuff. Also you are invincible while shooting/reloading, and you can drop off the thing at any time if you are about to die.

hook a brother up wit some tips man!

GT: Ninja Kaspyr 83 (FR me and party...well talk)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was able to pass the part on my very first try, I took my time before the mortars and when the enemies started to rush the hill I just popped smoke at my feet and hoped for the best with hitting the barricades. Luckily, I did and it was great

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I can't get into the bunker to even GET to the mortar. Should I go up the left or right side? I try the left but get wiped out all the time.... Tips please. I gave up on this about a year ago, and want to finish the game for 1000G, so I got back into it today, only to be frustrated again.....

I did it... Finally. And now I can do it 7 of 10 times.....

1) Snipe the germans in the trench across the road as your guys pop smoke

2) With smoke deployed, run to a rock to the left of the overturned jeep. Kill the guys to the left and advance to a larger rock with a tree near it. it is on the left side as well.

3) Snipe the germans across the path hidind behind trees and pop smoke in the direction of bunker. Advance to the rock to the right of the rock you are already behind.

4) Pop more smoke towards the bunker and advance to a rock on your left. Stay prone once you reach the rock. Pop up and kill any germans in the area.

5) Eventually, once you kill a load of 'em, your guys will move up. Go with them carefully and toss a grenade inside the bunker to kill the rest.

Now I'll finally get 100G on this game. Can't wait

I did it... Finally. And now I can do it 7 of 10 times.....

1) Snipe the germans in the trench across the road as your guys pop smoke

2) With smoke deployed, run to a rock to the left of the overturned jeep. Kill the guys to the left and advance to a larger rock with a tree near it. it is on the left side as well.

3) Snipe the germans across the path hidind behind trees and pop smoke in the direction of bunker. Advance to the rock to the right of the rock you are already behind.

4) Pop more smoke towards the bunker and advance to a rock on your left. Stay prone once you reach the rock. Pop up and kill any germans in the area.

5) Eventually, once you kill a load of 'em, your guys will move up. Go with them carefully and toss a grenade inside the bunker to kill the rest.

Now I'll finally get 100G on this game. Can't wait

Great advice. I must have played this 20 times and I couldn't get through (and I was just playing on normal). This really helped. Thank you!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the hill is a bitch for sure. but i can usually get past that part with no problem. the mortar however...i dont get.

i get to the morter. and i shot the trucks. there off the road....but nothing happens.

is there something else im supposed to shoot? can there not even be any debris or something? like those barrels that fly aroun with each shot? i dont understand what im doing wrong.

as far as i can tell i shoot everything blocking off the road until the road is clear but my objectives dont update and no checkpoint. and if imlucky enough to accomplish that. all my men die and by the time they respawn the germans rush our point and kill them all as they respawn leaving me fucked with a 1v15 situation.

help?

• 3 weeks later...

I got lucky and made it through the mortar section on my 3rd go overall and my first attempt at the mortars. I had more trouble with the very last checkpoint trying to use that gun to take out the tank.

For me the hardest part of the game was probably the furnace room as there was really no cover that left you safe. I eventually just threw a few smokes and made a run for it down the right hand side after nearly 3 hours of watching Keith auditioning for a role in the TV version of the A-Team. He would unload a full round at an enemy from 10 feet and hit nothing but air. In the 3 hours I tried to get through that god forsaken room all he managed to kill was me 3 times with wayward grenades.

The other sticking points I ran into where most of Laison River as I had next to no ammo, the Germans guarding the Flak's kill you as soon as you pop your head out, even through smoke and one of them is invincible except for a rifle butt to the face. I had to use all my smokes here as once you've planted the C4 you can't run away as they ALWAYS get you before you get to cover so I had to plant the C4, throw smoke, wait then leg it. Also not giving you the checkpoint until you have actually pushed past the last Flak was pure evil as the Germans kept respawing on the hill. Then of course I got to the house with no smokes left and died quite a few times trying to reach the front door. The run from the checkpoint to the house was really getting on my nerves.

Trying to get up the hill on "The Island" was a frustrating experience as well even with smokes. What made it worse was that once I got to the top (taking the right hand side route) my team regrouped at the top but didn't kill a couple of Germans away over on the left. Instead they all just sat around looking at each other while those 2 took pot shots at me, and me only. Even the guys running up the left hand side got ignored, they focused entirely on me. As soon as I popped my head out of the bunker the bullets would fly. I had to throw a smoke for cover then a couple of frags to get rid of them, unbelievable.

I didn't even get to see my Grizzled Veteran pop up as I only made 1 run through so I ended up with the "2 for 230G" pop up instead. :(

Edited by Springveldt

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Don't get me started on this shit!

There where so many WTF moments, i tried it ~50 times and then got it.

I used a different tactic then the oens descibed above.

The major problem is that,

all germans in this level are "hardcore-uber-almost-invunerable-snipers".

Even with a machine gun they shoot you from behind trees 5 miles away,

and they always hit you.

Your buddies are really fucked up.

I died most times because of them don't do anything or doesn't care to protect me.

If you're hiding behind the tank to the right, there is always a soldier there shooting,

but he dosn't hit anything because he shoots at the tank, the collision box doesn't end right after the tank, and when 4 germans come from the right he will get always shot and if you don't pay attention to this or shoot the germans you will die,

because your buddies who are with you in the trench they don't care.

A german comes right on the tank where i was hiding left to me where 6 american soldiers, he shot me and my buddies where just looking at him and pointing their guns to him but they never shot.*ARGH*

If u try to manage to get to the "german filled trench",

i only had the shotgun and the garand (good weapon keep it)

the good thing is after u WILL die a few times because the forest is crawling with germans, they are always in the same places.

After i died several times i knew exactly where every german stood.

The woodbunker just before the mortar was tough because there is always a german hiding who u can't see and who will most times kill u.

And i hate that my buddies always stand in the way or get hit by me because of dumb running before me when i have a german in my shights.

And friendly fire will not be tolerated ...F*** you!

I hated to get killed so close to the end, and all from the beginning... *AAAAAAAAAAARGH*

I'm glad to finally made it.

This level was a real pain in the ass.