Anyone else getting this

Alpher

Bought it as soon as I could. I've been playing the PC version so already had a grasp of the controls and the HUD.

I've only been playing in solo but it's looking and displaying very similar to the PC. Although it looks a lot better on the big screen.

Yeah there are some bugs and glitches but they've been pretty hot on sorting them in PC updates so have faith it will be the same on the Xbox.

I heard there was an hour long trial, but I bought it straight away as I backed the kickstarter on PC in the hopes it would eventually come to console. I played it briefly on PC but my laptop does not really have the power to run it smoothly but it helped when starting out on Xbox One

Impressions of the Early access

The game is looking in fairly good shape, with my main issues gameplay wise being problems with missions on the bulletin board not generating properly which I imagine will get dealt with as the game gets closer to release.

I do hope they beef up the tutorial system before final release as while the controls are intuitive when you get used to them they do take some time to grasp.

I also think some advanced gameplay tutorials (bulletin board missions, trading, piracy, smuggling etc) would also be useful for people new to Elite as I could see people picking the game up having no idea what to do and never playing it.

Yes, you get achievements from the trial.

My only problem with this game is the controls and how unforgiving it is. Besides that, it's beautiful and am loving exploring it.

It's definitely not for everyone, though. The current build also has its fair share of bugs and lacks stability, but I imagine most of the issues will be ironed out by the final game's launch.

Yes, you get achievements from the trial.

My only problem with this game is the controls and how unforgiving it is. Besides that, it's beautiful and am loving exploring it.

It's definitely not for everyone, though. The current build also has its fair share of bugs and lacks stability, but I imagine most of the issues will be ironed out by the final game's launch.

thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Took the entire hours preview but just about got to grips with the controls.

Prob buy this tonight.

I found this game randomly (while watching youtube, there it was !).

I used to watch on twitch how people play EVE Online, without knowing wtf is going on. (I enjoyed the view & stuff). But now that I got this game (3days ago), I'm all over it!

After watching futorials for 2 - 3hrs a day I think I know some stuff (but still not enough).

Can you map the controls to your liking?

I'm only wondering, because I think I'd like to change the controls of the left and right stick with each other.

You can change it any way you'd like it.

I know some people are struggling here with controlls, so here's how I did it: if you ever played any Battlefield game & you flew a helicopter or a jet, make sure your controlls are the same as that ;)

If still confused or it is too hard, I'll take a pic of my layout of make a tutorial, just let me know ;)

Edited by Zm4rc0