Worth buying? Or renting?

I don't think I've bought a licensed game since... Spiderman on the N64, but the previews on this one have looked interesting. If the previews are accurate it's also one that my whole family can enjoy, a rare find these days. So what do other people think? Will it be as good as some of the hype says it is based off what you can see? Or has everyone caught... dare I say it... Pirate-fever?

My opinion is going to be a little skewed as when you work on a game you grow to hate it...

Rental only

Multiplayer modes are hideously basic and completely unrewarding

Unlockables are totally shite and lobbed in at the last minute

However I will conceed that it looks pretty.....so long as you keep the camera at a distance from any texture

The combat is just plain poor...very basic, extremely repetative.....oh and heres a tip A,X,A is the best combo to use in the game....faster than just A,A,A and provides good swordsmanship juice for your "finish move" bar

I m now in the 3 last level. and I find the game really good but it really has some Try and error passages(I only say the level with the tentacels :mad:). But the rest of the game is really good.But its really short I got to the 3 last level in about 3H:eek:. Worth to rental for sure. Worth to buy?When you are a fan of the movies then for sure.;)

Since the other threads are still locked..

Can anybody tell me where to find the shrunken heads in the very first level?

The green chest is right at the beginning but I checked every little bit of the rooms and I didn't find a single one.

I read in another forum that one guy replayed the level and the heads were floating around the chest. I restarted the level a couple of times but no heads for me..

However I will conceed that it looks pretty.....so long as you keep the camera at a distance from any texture

That cracked me up. Psycence, was this in your opinion merely a money maker - and were the issues you mention ever discussed and deemed not worthy to spend further time on?

At the very least i'd hope it's a nice little adventure for a few hours, if not i'll be steering clear.

Yes you have to do the level in replay mode

Complete Prison Fortress in story mode

Go to the extras option on the front end

Choose replay mode

Choose Prison Fortress

The 3 Jackanism skulls will be floating near the chest

That's exactly what I did but there are no skulls..

Do I have to finish the story mode first?

Bug anyone?

Edit: OK, after I finished the story mode and replayed the first level AGAIN, the skulls were there this time.. but I think this is not on purpose..

And all of the issues I spoke of were reported and verifyied 100% but the dev team decided it was to late in the day to fix them.....or the engine was to shit to be able to fix.

Have you finished now to bash the game? It gets really boring..

When the people play the demo I think they can decide on their own if they buy or rent the game..

• 2 weeks later...
Have you finished now to bash the game? It gets really boring..

When the people play the demo I think they can decide on their own if they buy or rent the game..

Calm down... It's rare for developers to be so honest about such issues, don't take it for granted :)

People will obviously make their own minds up whatever is said, but knowing such things is more a blessing than a hindrance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally I would rent it..That's what I'm doing right now. Since I can only rent it for 2 days I gotta do things quick..This is my second day of having it and like i only have 3 achievements left so I saved like £30 or how ever much it is to buy. I only spent like £5 to rent it and I saved alot of money since the achievements are easy to get.