Did they change some game mechanics or is the game broken?

When you summon an effect monster, if the summon have not been negated, you should be able to activate the effect once before the opponent activates a trap like "trap hole" or "torrential tribute" no?

I'm thinking about monsters like Exiled Force for example, or Demise, King of Armageddon, or Black Rose Dragon?

Did they change something? I played Demise today and my opponent activated Torrential Tribute but I could not activate Demise's effect before torrential was activated. It does that every time, I used to hole A to activate an effect as soon as the monster is summoned, if it was not negated by solemn or stuff like that, it was successfully summoned then I had priority to activate effect before opponent traps.

Any help?

The monsters your talking about have Ignition Monster Effects and they are spell speed 1 and they require a manual activation by the card's controller during their own Main Phase 1 or 2.

Previously, the turn player had priority to activate Ignition Effects before an opponent could activate a fast effect (Card activations and effects with a Spell Speed of 2 or higher, including monster Quick Effects, Quick-Play Spell Cards and Trap Cards).

But this was removed from the OCG on March 19, 2011, and from the TCG on April 25, 2012.

In short...Torrential Tribute, Bottomless Trap Hole etc will destory those monsters before you can activate their effects now

So yeah Yu-Gi-Oh! did change some game mechanics and the game is not broken :)

I Just wish it was out in the UK allready

Edited by Mikesahhh

The monsters your talking about have Ignition Monster Effects and they are spell speed 1 and they require a manual activation by the card's controller during their own Main Phase 1 or 2.

Previously, the turn player had priority to activate Ignition Effects before an opponent could activate a fast effect (Card activations and effects with a Spell Speed of 2 or higher, including monster Quick Effects, Quick-Play Spell Cards and Trap Cards).

But this was removed from the OCG on March 19, 2011, and from the TCG on April 25, 2012.

In short...Torrential Tribute, Bottomless Trap Hole etc will destory those monsters before you can activate their effects now

So yeah Yu-Gi-Oh! did change some game mechanics and the game is not broken :)

I Just wish it was out in the UK allready

wow, really? I used to play Yugioh online until the very end, and the other xbox game too

I feel kinda lost,

thanks for the info man!