Any N64 fans?

FatalDeathSG45

Man... the memories I've had with the Nintendo 64. Super Mario 64, Battletanx, Turok, Doom 64, Jet Force Gemini, Mario Kart 64, StarCraft 64, StarFox 64, other games with "64" in the title...

Any other N64 fans out there? What were your favorite N64 games?

FYI, I STILL own an N64, though I haven't touched it in ages.

• 9 months later...

I'm a bit of a collector, I maintain my consoles every 6 months which includes powering them on and cleaning them blah blah BUT the pertinent thing I wanted to say is that out of all of them, its probably the SNES and N64 I end up actually playing and having fun with.

The PSX is included but I dont know... its like many games entertain me for shorter bursts on the PSX (excluding MGS of course)... Ninty games hold me for longer per session.

• 4 weeks later...
Played way too much WCW/nWo Revenge, WWF Wrestlemania 2000 and Goldeneye. Those games were always in heavy rotation back in the day. I did enjoy Army Men: Sarge's Heros although it was a piece of crap.

I loved those wrestling games...WCW vs nWo: World Tour I think was the first one I played on N64. Played it for sooooooooooo many hours with my brothers.

Few of my favorites on the console being that one, Doom 64, Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, Mario Kart 64(which I still play a few times a month with my bro)

Loved that console.

I loved those wrestling games...WCW vs nWo: World Tour I think was the first one I played on N64. Played it for sooooooooooo many hours with my brothers.

You said it brother. All those THQ/AKI games were outstanding. Sure they had bugs here and there, but there was so much good in those things. It's a shame we can't get back to the those types of wrestling games with great controls.

You said it brother. All those THQ/AKI games were outstanding. Sure they had bugs here and there, but there was so much good in those things. It's a shame we can't get back to the those types of wrestling games with great controls.

Agreed. I stopped playing wrestling games a long time ago when they started drifting away from how those games controlled. I'd KILL for a hd-re release of at least one of those games and maybe like Royal Rumble and RAW from the SNES. That would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooo great lol.

Agreed. I stopped playing wrestling games a long time ago when they started drifting away from how those games controlled. I'd KILL for a hd-re release of at least one of those games and maybe like Royal Rumble and RAW from the SNES. That would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooo great lol.

Man, Royal Rumble and RAW for the SNES were aces. I always like Royal Rumble more even though RAW improved on the game in every way. I've tried to play the newer WWE games and do okay in them, but nothing comes close to the old school ways of controlling the games. I'm not concerned with presentation, just give me plenty of characters and solid controls.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I still have all my Nintendo consoles and play them once in a while. Goldeneye was the big hitter with my friends and I - we used to organize weekend tournaments where the controllers went in rotation upon death, as did the levels - no arguments. If you weren't careful, you ended up with a maypole-style cable tangle. I still enjoy the Zelda games and Mario Kart with friends.

• 3 months later...

The N64 is still one of the best consoles with the best lineup of games to date. Not only the graphical improvements from the SNES to N64 transition but also loving PC Wolfenstein/Doom/Duke as a young buck and then playing GoldenEye... I mean holy shit. So many great split screen memories :D

As far as the games I owned and enjoyed, that would be a list way to long and difficult to decide on but I can list the games I remember having the most fun on.

TLoZ: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask

GoldenEye

Perfect Dark

Super Mario 64

Jet Force Gemini

Basically every wrestling game

Both Turok games

Doom 64

Still a pretty long list and I had to stop myself.