Why does this game get so much hate?

Rawckz

I bought this game the other day, but haven't had a chance to play it; I was looking online and found that a lot of people have been saying that it's a really bad sonic game.

From what I've seen, it looks like just about any other sonic game, am I wrong?

• 3 weeks later...

Watching the game in action is totally different than actually playing it. The controls are absolutely awful. The physics are ass-backwards and there are TONS of bugs and glitches that cause cheap deaths multiple times per level.

It's quite simply an unfinished game. If this game had been given another year of development, it could have been Sonic Adventure 3.

I'm a huge Sonic fan and I am doing my best to see the good in this game, but it isn't easy. There are A LOT of problems.

• 3 months later...

yeah really not their best work i made it to running after the ship on the beach level and kept dying because i was hitting trees or running thru the floor on occasions. Got fed up and tossed it into a very dark corner never to be seen again. I love sonic games but this one took the mick

• 2 weeks later...

As much as people dog on this game, I loved the hell out of it, enough to get all the Medals (and thus achievements) and I plan to get the Very Hard DLC once I'm able to stream my gameplay. I encourage you to give it a legitimate chance, a lot of people quit after a few levels (or less!) but after you get acquainted with its, uh, "age" then you might like it too.

Then again, I'm a complete sucker for Sonic so I'm shamelessly biased :D

Edited by Veedrock

Im a huge sonic fan, and i liked what i've played so far. It is a bit glitchy, so im hoping it doesnt make me lose the enjoyment ive had thus far. Then again im working on other sonic games so i havent given it a ton of play time.

There was so much I hated about this game, mostly the amount of loading this game does especially in those stupid mini quests, the physics and controls but the boss battle with Silver was the worst since EVEN IF HE GOT YOU ONCE it was pretty much over. Just spamming telekinesis to throw you around like a sack of shit.

That said the level design was great, and the soundtrack was pretty great as well, and there was a little homage to Sonic Heroes which I personally liked, even if I hate that bat-thing so much.

I lost faith in Sonic games a while back with Shadow the Hedgehog, still Generations was amazing.

Edited by CHIRUNO99

• 2 months later...
As much as people dog on this game, I loved the hell out of it, enough to get all the Medals (and thus achievements) and I plan to get the Very Hard DLC once I'm able to stream my gameplay. I encourage you to give it a legitimate chance, a lot of people quit after a few levels (or less!) but after you get acquainted with its, uh, "age" then you might like it too.

Then again, I'm a complete sucker for Sonic so I'm shamelessly biased :D

I am also a sucker for Sonic, but i genuinely do love this game. One of my favs. All the glitches and bugs people complain about i seem to have avoided. Maybe it's just people are simply not very good at the game so they are looking for a reason to hate the game. Just because it's not easy like the old Sonic games it doesn't make it rubbish.

• 2 weeks later...

I will say this much...

This Sonic game has made a pretty significant impact on me. I grew up with a Game Gear and a PC. Sure, I got to GBA, and DS. But once we got an Xbox 360 five years ago, I got this game. It was my first 3D Sonic title.

It introduced a lot to the series to me. I found out more about other characters, like Shadow, Rouge, Omega, and Silver. Thus, I got more interested in previous titles, as well as newer releases from there on.

To this day, I have every main-series console title released, from Sonic 1 down to Sonic 4 EP 2. I will say this too - despite '06's flaws, it is a decent game. I only have 7 Achievements left (which are all the main level S-Ranks and Medals), and I'll probably never get them. But I did enjoy the game. Occasionally, I still do play it. It's considerably better than Sonic Heroes, IMO.

Also, I've heard some strange rumor about this title being re-released or some such BS. Honestly, given this game's history, that would be the LAST thing on SEGA's minds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This game deserves every bit of hate it gets. It's plauged with glitches, so bad that once I died, when I went back to the checkpoint I instantly died again for no reason. Sonic has randomly stopped moving in midair before and just dropped dead... I won't even mention all the glitches I encountered it's not even funny.

Yet, it's not only the glitches that ruin it. You will spend about half your time playing this game on the loading screen, with a 20 second loading screens that show a literally 5 second cutscene, followed by another 20 second load screen. I'm not even exaggerating.

All of this, along with awful voice acting, cutscenes so dumb that you will literally feel like spending half the time facepalming, make this a game that is truely a testament to how bad you can mess a game up.

• 3 weeks later...