Do you think there will be a new Xbox One with a bigger HDD in 2014?

Stormy2k

Hey all, as the title says, do you think there will be an XBO with a bigger HDD released later this year?

I already have a PS4, but I want both consoles as I have been with the Xbox brand since the start and am holding back until Titanfall comes out.

However, I don't want to purchase an XBO in March and then have Microsoft announce in the summer, a new XBO with a bigger HDD for the holiday season.

As far as I'm aware, the XBO HDD cannot be upgraded like the PS4, and external HDD don't work with the XBO, yet. But I'd rather not have one of those plugged into my XBO.

The reason I want more than 500GB is that with all the DLC and Arcade Games I'd purchase, along with installs and updates, it won't take too long for me to fill the HDD up.

On the other had, what about you XBO owners, how have you found your HDD space fairing so far, would you say it's ample for the time being?

I hear there is no way to do any Data Management on the XBO HDD at the moment to see what space you have or to remove games (please correct me if I'm wrong), so an educated guess would be welcome.

Cheers XA Community!

Hey all, as the title says, do you think there will be an XBO with a bigger HDD released later this year?

I already have a PS4, but I want both consoles as I have been with the Xbox brand since the start and am holding back until Titanfall comes out.

However, I don't want to purchase an XBO in March and then have Microsoft announce in the summer, a new XBO with a bigger HDD for the holiday season.

As far as I'm aware, the XBO HDD cannot be upgraded like the PS4, and external HDD don't work with the XBO, yet. But I'd rather not have one of those plugged into my XBO.

The reason I want more than 500GB is that with all the DLC and Arcade Games I'd purchase, along with installs and updates, it won't take too long for me to fill the HDD up.

On the other had, what about you XBO owners, how have you found your HDD space fairing so far, would you say it's ample for the time being?

I hear there is no way to do any Data Management on the XBO HDD at the moment to see what space you have or to remove games (please correct me if I'm wrong), so an educated guess would be welcome.

Cheers XA Community!

I certainly hope not. Christmas 2015 maybe. As for external HDDs, that feature will come in time. It's not needed right now though. It will take you longer to fill the 430 or so gigabytes than you think. And you're correct, there is no current way to check HHD storage. That will come in the next dashboard update. As for deleting games, of course you can :)

I certainly hope not. Christmas 2015 maybe. As for external HDDs, that feature will come in time. It's not needed right now though. It will take you longer to fill the 430 or so gigabytes than you think. And you're correct, there is no current way to check HHD storage. That will come in the next dashboard update. As for deleting games, of course you can :)

Don't know where you got that 430GB but it's actually 362GB available.

yeah I too would like a larger hard drive 1T would be nice

I do not want a separate drive

but I can easily uninstall the games I am not currently playing so no biggie

ps

I heard from my GameStop manager

that they expect a new Xbox one console this year

a Halo 5 edition..

well since I always had two 360's ..

if they do I will get it as a second One console

A new console with upgraded HDD wont be here till 2015 at the earliest i reckon. And besides, once external support is patched in, one of these (below) will have more space and be much cheaper than trading you console/buying a new one.

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Station-External-Desktop-Drive/dp/B00C9TEOCA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1390739876&sr=8-2&keywords=3tb]Samsung 3TB D3 Station External Desktop Hard Drive - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories[/ame]

Who cares?

As Emperor said, if its that important to you, get an External HDD.

I really wouldn't delay getting an X1 because of this though.

^ This.

Personally, I'll probably have about 5-7 game installed at one time, which should work fine with 500 GB HDD. If I'm done with a game, I'll simply delete it.

^ This.

Personally, I'll probably have about 5-7 game installed at one time, which should work fine with 500 GB HDD. If I'm done with a game, I'll simply delete it.

This. I never once filled up any HDD I had for my Xbox 360 and expect the same. I keep it clean by deleting things I no longer play. If I do run out of room, super cheap external storage is the way to go.

Speaking of external storage, does anyone know of a good external SSD that isn't hundreds of dollars? Or is the market not there yet?

MS seriously should of went with a removable HDD. in the future this wont be good for anyone. "oh i have all these games but HDD is full. time to delete a few to play a new game i just got. oh one of my friends wants to play the game i just deleted? no problem let me uninstall and re-install."

yeah that's a fucking headache right there. dunno what MS was thinking when they were deciding to go with a removable/non removable HDD.

MS seriously should of went with a removable HDD. in the future this wont be good for anyone. "oh i have all these games but HDD is full. time to delete a few to play a new game i just got. oh one of my friends wants to play the game i just deleted? no problem let me uninstall and re-install."

yeah that's a fucking headache right there. dunno what MS was thinking when they were deciding to go with a removable/non removable HDD.

When they add the external storage options this will be a non-issue. USB 3.0 externals typically have faster read/write speeds than internals anyway. Plus, put two 4GB external in those ports and you've got a shade over 8TB of storage.

Be patient mate.