Custom dwemer crossbow

KriugerisLT

I'm making an awesome dwemer custom crossbow, and I can't think of a cool name to give it.

Any ideas? :D

It ignores 50% armor, soul traps and also does shock damage.

Soulpierce... Hmm... Soulprick... Lol

Thunderbolt / Electro-Bolt... (Shock... and its a crossbow...)

Mreh. I've got nuthin'

How are you even doing this? Do you get to make your own crossbow at some point in the game, because I don't see a crossbow in any of the crafting lists at the forges.

Do the Dawnguard quest: Arcane Technology. Afterwards you can forge or buy it from the two vendors that loiter around the smithy. However, you can only forge them in Gunmar's forge inside the Dawnguard fort, but you can craft bolts anywhere.

EDIT: My crossbow is now named: The Vengeful Pricker :D

But still, be free to add your ideas. Maybe someone else will be having the same problem.

Edited by KriugerisLT

Do the Dawnguard quest: Arcane Technology. Afterwards you can forge or buy it from the two vendors that loiter around the smithy. However, you can only forge them in Gunmar's forge inside the Dawnguard fort, but you can craft bolts anywhere.

Thanks. I just now found out today that I can forge swords and bows of Dragonbone! Was that added with this DLC, or in the last update?

Btw, I actually thought of three names:

Zues (cuz shock damage is like throwing lightning)

Skewer Shooter

and

Pointy Stick Thrower :p

I'm here all week. Tip your waitress.

Edited by DragonusDarque

I actually made one of these and called it FyreBolt (kinda obvious, because it has fire and lightning, but I couldn't think of anything else that would mix those 2). Odd thing is, the enchantments don't show up in the description (only the ignoring 50% armor is listed), but the weapon glows like it has the lightning one on there, and it let me add both.

I actually made one of these and called it FyreBolt (kinda obvious, because it has fire and lightning, but I couldn't think of anything else that would mix those 2). Odd thing is, the enchantments don't show up in the description (only the ignoring 50% armor is listed), but the weapon glows like it has the lightning one on there, and it let me add both.

Fyre-Bolt sounds pretty good.

How did you name your crossbow? I tried enchanting my enhanced dwarven crossbow but I dot get a rename option at the enchanting table? :(

It can be can a hidden. After choosing everything, when you are all ready to crft, instead of pressing :xbut: , press :ybut: . It will let you rename your crafted items. This option only shows after you have selected you enchantments and the soul gem to use.

You can rename any item you enchant, btw. Swords, armor, anything.

Edited by DragonusDarque

It can be can a hidden. After choosing everything, when you are all ready to crft, instead of pressing :xbut: , press :ybut: . It will let you rename your crafted items. This option only shows after you have selected you enchantments and the soul gem to use.

You can rename any item you enchant, btw. Swords, armor, anything.

Probably should have been clearer :p

I have named all my gear, so I know HOW to do it, my issue is when i was enchanting my enhanced dwarven crossbow there was literally no option and pressing Y did nothing :/

I can rename other gear, including regular crossbows. I guess I'll have to try it again later on a different enhanced dwarven crossbow.

It might have been a glitch, maybe? I had no problems renaming any of my crossbows. I doubt it, but perhaps it matters where you enhance it? I used the table in Fort Dawnguard, since it was right there and I had the gems on me.

I love that crossbow. I think it would have been cool, though, to use actual iron sights when zooming in using that archery perk.

It might have been a glitch, maybe? I had no problems renaming any of my crossbows. I doubt it, but perhaps it matters where you enhance it? I used the table in Fort Dawnguard, since it was right there and I had the gems on me.

I love that crossbow. I think it would have been cool, though, to use actual iron sights when zooming in using that archery perk.

Must've been, I'll try again later when I change some armor. I used the table in dragonsreach, i'll try the fort dawnguard one later. Thanks for the help though :)

Guest Scotty

How do you get a dwemer crossbow? I've got the normal one and the enhanced one, but not a dwemer one. It's not under anything when I go to forge stuff.

How do you get a dwemer crossbow? I've got the normal one and the enhanced one, but not a dwemer one. It's not under anything when I go to forge stuff.

When you talk to the woman who gives you the crossbows (can't remember her name at the moment), at the bottom should be an option to ask if you can help. Keep doing this to get little fetch quests that will get you custom exploding bolts, a dwemer crossbow, and finally the advanced dwemer crossbow.

Guest Scotty
When you talk to the woman who gives you the crossbows (can't remember her name at the moment), at the bottom should be an option to ask if you can help. Keep doing this to get little fetch quests that will get you custom exploding bolts, a dwemer crossbow, and finally the advanced dwemer crossbow.

all that sounds fancy, cheers, will do this while trying to level up to 70. i hope the dwemer crossbow looks all gold and automatonny:p