This bore is awesome

RinconGirl

I was reading through the surfer mag today and I read something totally awesome: the UK has a river with a tidal bore! Has anyone ever heard of the Severn Bore? Anyone here ever surfed or kayaked it? I'd love to know more about this seeing as I'm gonna conquer the record for the longest ride :p

I have surfed for 5 years now and have never heard of it. I will check it out though. Good luck on the record though.

edit- After researching it, it looks freaking amazing. You could stand up on those thing all day...

What kind of board do/would you use. A 6'1 or a 5'11 you think? I have a 5'11 fishtail and I wonder if that would be nice...O the joy I would have to ride that.

Edited by kiwi18
Awesomness

Yeah I've been staring at pics of it all day. It looks like you could use a longboard or a shortboard on it, or even a bodyboard. I think when I surf it I'll bring my 9'0", my 7'0", and my 6'4", that way I have different boards for different conditions.

Yeah, out here in Jersey, the surf barely ever gets higher then 4-5. It is still fun, but a long board or at least a 6'8+ is needed to catch anything. It is fun though, I can't lie. I also find this amazing and I am amazed I did not know about it before as I surf almost everyday. Good luck and get some pics/videos of you and the lovely bore.

Actually I probably wont surf it till next year, but in the meantime I want to find out as much as I can about it. You're from Jersey? I read an article about the waves in New York, and man those are some of the funnest looking waves I've ever seen! I definitely wanna take a surf trip to New York someday too!

Edited by RinconGirl
spelling sucks :(

I've been to see it go past a few times now, might even take the kayak next time...tis truely ace, I live pretty close by... ;)

Oh man you're lucky! Have you ridden it before? Does the wave height vary? I thought the motherland had no waves but it really has one of the best waves in the world!