Challenge Discussion

Webb

So then, 20 Challenges, ranging from in difficulty and amount of teams.

As you advance, the difficulty of one team goes up a notch until it's 4 teams, all at Strategic I do believe, and they are good at strategic!

So then, discuss strategies, problems and what not here...

:D

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished the last challenge, it was down to 8v1 at the end but i managed it and that makes it 200/200gs. :)

The thing that helped me through the last couple was to always have one or two of my worms dig into the ground and make a base. Then it was just a matter of holding out untill sudden death and unleashing my airstrike and homing missle.

Another tip i used during the mid teen challenges was to always leave my worm right beside one or two of the computers worms after taking a shot. They tend not to go for them and if they do the're gonna hurt them too and it helped alot. Just keep using the shotgun in close and then running towards them, shotgun was by far my most used weapon.

Also noticed the comp worms doing alot of stupid stuff like teleporting into the water when i was hidden in my base..

Just finished the last challenge, it was down to 8v1 at the end but i managed it and that makes it 200/200gs. :)

The thing that helped me through the last couple was to always have one or two of my worms dig into the ground and make a base. Then it was just a matter of holding out untill sudden death and unleashing my airstrike and homing missle.

Another tip i used during the mid teen challenges was to always leave my worm right beside one or two of the computers worms after taking a shot. They tend not to go for them and if they do the're gonna hurt them too and it helped alot. Just keep using the shotgun in close and then running towards them, shotgun was by far my most used weapon.

Also noticed the comp worms doing alot of stupid stuff like teleporting into the water when i was hidden in my base..

I gotta say this is all AMAZING advice! No joke its gold! Thanks man! :)

I just got cheated on a challenge level of Worms!!! :eek:

Challenge 13, Metal Bar at the top, so no air strikes, I climbed to the top and buried myself underneath this bar. Sudden death comes right and the opposition teleports above the metal bar :eek:

How the f**k does that work? :mad:

I got through 13 on my second try. Didn't find it too hard. I just did a sweep for health packs with the ninja rope every once in a while, they really do help out in the challenges. I'm on 16 now.

Second time I played it, no problems, my plan worked as it should have and I wasn't cheated, must've been a glitch.

13 was fairly tough in all honesty, but I did 14 and 15 really quickly. :)

13 was a little tough and then it got easier for a couple after that due to the lower leveled opponents. I am having a hard time on 19, but hope to finish both it and 20 tonight. The are awesome with those grenades though. Some of the bank shots that they pull off is just amazing. Wish I had could calculate angles, power, wind factors precisely in my head to make a grenade stick to my opponents eyeballs everytime like the AI does.

Just takes practice and thats what I've been trying. And the wind doesn't affect the grenades so I've been trying to work out trajectories and power :D

Just got through 16 without no troubles. Not tried 17 yet, will do later on in the week. Hope to get the time to get them done over the weekend in all honesty :)

13, 14 and 15 were all easy this time around thanks to some strategic team killing by the opposition and some impossible sheep tossing.

I kept restarting unless I could kill at least four worms in my first two turns, eventually managed to get the upper hand and a grenade battle ensued for the next seven minutes. When the computer is alone they seem to get a lot worse than in a team.

Im on 18 now I guess my advice is to make a base, and let time go by. Save your homing missile and air strike just in case.

I just got raped on 18 1v1 I had the high ground in my base & the water was rising. Damn those AI wherm bass-turds with they're accuate damn bazooka shots. I hope to finish up on the last 2 achievements this week.

I just want to say I love this game and will be playing it long after I got 200/200.

Beat this only losing twice. I had trouble at 19 and 20, but beat them both on my second try. Here's an extremely (cheap) good tip:

When you're the last worm on your team versus about 5+ more, dig inside the walls (Have a homing missile launcher/airstrike/2 teleports) with the blowtorch. Make sure you're not close to the edges so the AI can blast you from outside. Make girders on one of the corners of the map (making a small box), making sure that there's a nice gap between each girder. When sudden death arrives, wait until you think you're gonna drown. Then, teleport to the girders. If you made a box, then it should work (most of the time!).

What happens is that you've got a box around you, making yourself invulnerable to 1-2 bazooka shots and an airstrike. If your cover is blown, use your homing missile and airstrike!

Very sorry about the confusing tip.. I'd like to rephrase it, but I really can't (since I'm dumb).

man I need a level 20 walk through its pretty tough...

Never mind I got it. I Roped worm 1 up to the igloo, then I roped him down to the space ship thing and dynamited the lowest worm there.

Then I roped up to the igloo with worm 2, then roped him down to the space ship thing and fire punched the other guy into the water.

Worm 3 I usually use a sheep and try and do as much damage as possible to the 3 worms over there.

Worm 4 I kind use to just pick up power ups and do as much damage as i can to the other worms.

Back to worm 1 & 2 on the far lower right hand side. I jet pack up and shoriuken the green guy off and then I try to blow torch my way into the back side of the igloo and just hang out.

If you lose worms 2 and 3 its OK. Really I just waste as much time as possible so the flood comes faster so instead of just letting the time run out I use Girders to block enemy worms from getting any where.

Use your air strikes and homing missiles wisely.

I really hope this helps thats about all i can remember from the game I just got the achievement in.

Good Luck

for 13 use a rope or jetpack to go to the top right hand corner and use a blowtorch to make a tunnle all the way to the top of the screen where the metal bar is. place a couple of girders at the enterance to your tunnel and teleport the rest of your worms into the tunnel. continue to blowtorch along the top of the screen. then just strech out your goes until sudden death. because that is as high as you can go you should avoid the rising water. if another worm enters your tunnle use a shotgun to kill it. this is how i finished it first time!!!;)

I am on 20 atm! any tips?