Aerial Predator on Apocalyptic Solution

Frankie Godskin

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was trying this last night... well, trying Darksiders in general last night as I just bought it. ;) I got it on about my 5th or 6th try. I kept missing it by a huge margin, then when I finally got it, I think I had maybe 2 kills over 160. Whew! Glad I checked out the missable achievements before I started playing.

Dammit, I'm around 100 kills after the big dragon but then in the cave, if i refer to my stats i can't make more than 10 kills. WHAT THE FUCK? Do you need several shots to kill the small bugs?

I tried around ten times then I lost my temper over this hell of an achievement.

I am playing Normal, I don't know if it is also apply to Apocalyptic

IMO, the easiest way is using AUTO-FIRE only(I used Horipad EX2). On the other hand, there is no doubt that most people can do manual rapid-fire to do the same thing, but I am not one of them :)

The homing fire seems a great help for the 160+ kills achievement, but it doesn't!

The single shots are much more powerful, higher speed and higher frequency than the homing shots. Using single shots can kill the armored angels and lot of bugs in short time!

According to the achievement guide, I have tried 10+ time in concentrated on effectively to use multiple-homing fire to unlock the 160+ kills achievment but never success, got ~140 kills only. But I have got 180+ kills in my first try in using auto-fire-only on the whole way!

Of course, remember the sequence and position of enemies is a great help.

I hope the above information is helpful.

UPDATED:

I can confirm that using auto-fire (with turbo controller) can easy unlock the achievment in Apocalyptic. I did it again in frist try for my friend account. (170+ kills)

Ok, i did it w/ rapid fire on one run (with preventive saves) and got 169 kills. Thanks for making me think about my turbo pad.

Damn this achivement was hard. I hope the rest of the game will be ok (i play in apo difficulty).

Thanks everyone, all the info was a lot of help. I found that tagging those small bat enemies was really hit or miss, I had some attempts where it seemed like a tagged whole groups and didn't see many souls flying back to me. Used some saves at the waypoints after good scores and when I finally got the achievement I didn't feel like it was my best run but it got the job done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Old topic but I thought I would add a couple of tips I picked up. Got this on my 3rd go. Close to the start you will find red petrol trucks that blow up if you shoot them, not too sure how many kills this gets you but I know there are a few zombies in the area. There were a total of 3 trucks. I also found that the big angles with the shields were too hard to kill and I instead focused on some of the bats that also fly in the area. Note: this is all before you head into the tunnel section.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't see how I'm supposed to get this, the stupid "painter" thing targets them (all the really small enemies that die with one hit) and no matter what, my kill thingie doesn't go up. The fucking hell?!

EDIT: Just got it! YES!

Edited by limination

Just got it (after completing the game on Apocalyptic, too). Difficulty was set to Apocalyptic.

Some points that helped me:

1. Playing through so many times made me remember exactly where each mob spawned, and at what point in time they spawned. Very helpful.

2. You'll need to "paint" all of the minor enemies - the angels and the little bat things. Don't paint the big "three ball" guys - just spam the single shots at them and you'll kill them easy. As in, ridiculously easy.

3. Saving at a checkpoint and then playing from there helps a lot. I can't stress this enough. The checkpoint I used: I played through a few times until I was pretty confident that I was going well, and then I'd check to make sure I'd got 100 at the big dragon thing fight. If not, reload from the start. If so, save there. After this, you'll just need to kill off a lot less guys, you're already over halfway there. 100 and the big dragon guy is also a pretty easy thing to remember.

I got 162 on my run through using these tips. Not a brilliant margin, but enough. And to be fair, I wouldn't have kept on going after had I not been at the end anyway - this was my last achievement.

Feels good, man.

• 2 months later...

Urgh, I fucked up. I've been attempting this and managed to get 87 kills and I thought if I could attempt and get 160 kills (big hope, I know) and I accidently saved my manual save which is before the door! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUU-

Good thing BFA achievement is over multiple playthroughs. So this achievement can fuck off for now.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Finished up all the over achievements on Apoc earlier but must have accidentally saved over this. Replayed the first hour of the game to get my save in the right place, and made a backup of it.

However, I just can't do this. Got over 100 a couple of times, but my average is below that. Max so far was run 9 with 114. Lowest was run 2 with only 79. I'll retry tomorrow, just got his then BFA should pop and I'll get another completed game on my list.

It took me a lot of tries to get this.

What I'd recommend is do the first bit a few times and after the checkpoint save. Play from whatever file has the highest count. Why? Well, the tunnel sections are most important from my counts, as they have the groups of small bats.

Anyway, if anyone wants rough targets, here is what kills I got in each area:

Start - 265

Going through the waterfall - 279 (14 kills, 14 kills total)

Entering the caves - 307 (28 kills, 42 kills total)

Finish - 432 - (125 kills, 167 total).

Slow and painful for me, I appear to be worse than most at this game (I also struggled a lot early on in my Apoc run too - single run so no Abyssal Armour btw)

• 1 month later...

Ok well this is my two cent I tried the auto lock on pressing rt and that didn't work for me so what I did after the dragon part I had 105 kill when I saw the large bat groups I just pressed the hell out of the rt button and holding the lt the while.time and I made is with just one to spare . Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, FINALLY, after some 20+ tries, I managed to nail this one.

I've seen the video, I read all of the advice there was on this board, and in the end, I pumped up the sensitivity on 75% and sprayed everything on screen. Also, going through the course several times wasn't a bad idea at all - I've managed to learn where I was wrong, and where I missed some bats and / or angels. Actually, those nailed me the cheevo in the end, simply because I was always around 140+ kills and short on four or five bat waves. Voila.

Now I just need to leave War to ride in the Ashlands for two hours, and 100% is mine. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Firstly, difficulty level doesn't affect how hard enemies are to kill for this one section. Mobs will do more damage to you, but it takes as many hits on easy, as it does on apoc to kill something, so go ahead and start the game on apoc if you want to clear all achievements in one playthrough. Secondly, there are two places where you can take advantage of the save feature. The first is the autosave, which will occur as you enter the lava cave and have to kill the giant bat creature. The other is a manual save which will place you right before the circular lava cave where the bat creature flies in, but you don't kill it yet (this is earlier than the autosave spot). My recommendation is when you start to take note of your current kill count. If you can get exactly 100 kills (plus or minus one or two) where the manual save (NOT AUTOSAVE) picks up, you're ok to continue. Keep restarting the level and playing to the manual save spot trying for your best score. If you can get those 100 kills, there are enough in the second half to get the other 60 kills. Replaying the level a few times not focusing on kills, but instead on the bats, ground mobs, etc. will help you identify improvement spots. Don't get so focused on the angels, etc. in front of you that you don't hit the ground mobs(usually killed by hitting tankers/buses) and rapid fly-by bats. This is by far the hardest achievement and you will be glad when you finally get it.