Anyone cry when they completed the game?

Louis BCFC1875

No way.

I for one did not feel connected to the chars at all. Especially in the end during the fight with the final boss. Some people made some real stupid moves that made no sense what so ever.

I'm not knocking the ending cause it was a big bowl of epic, but I couldnt care less if Lightning ended up being a man and Hope ended up being even more of a little wuss.

ending to X was way sadder. thats still my all time favourite ending to a game, was truly epic

this one i got a little confussed at one point before orphan, and the final boss was too easy so it didnt feel like id just saved the world

I didn't got the motivation of Orphan to be honest...

***** SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER *****

He wanted to die and believed that Ragnarok could do that and afterwards killing the millions of people in cocoon so the Maker would return...

What did not make sense to me however is that it was not explained that he would be resurrected once the Maker would return, so his thirst for getting destroyed didn't make sence as that point is not clear, except the vague remark of remaking the world and favour of Fal'Cie...

So in the end i could not grasp the motivation of Orphan his plans, unless he was fed up with his current life and went on the suicidal path, which worked very well in the end... although not how he hoped ....

Maybe i missed an important thing in the dialogue leaving me with this question... but will soon rety him for a 5 star on the last form...

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe one or two tears. Or several. Or the fact I almost drowned in them. I felt completely connected with each of the characters, and I rate it up there with my personal favourite game endings. Loved all 55hrs of it. Just waiting on the credits, and the joys of grinding will begin.. :)

Edited by RickyMcG

The ending matched the entire game, melodramatic nonsense

THIS.

The closest I came to crying was from the realization that I just sat through 40 hours of terrible character development (if there was any), and a barebones story that relied on the text logs more than the game itself to tell the narrative.

I cried and I loved the game, and this is form someone who used to make fun of everyone for playing a Final Fantasy. But this time I put by biased opinions aside and played it and I'm glad I did.

***SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER***

I cried first when I Sazh was reunited with Dajh, happy tears that is and then more when I saw Vanille encased in crystal, she was my favourite :'(

Almost cried but they could have made something more dramatic with the ending. I was a bit disappointed regarding the emotions and the small time spent on it.

I'm in the same boat here. I thought the ending , while good, was underwhelming when compared to other Final Fantasy games. It also seemed a bit short.