Rate the last movie you saw

3whiplash

• 3 years later...

Sherlock Holmes - 5/10.

Distinctly average film and not one of Guy Ritchie's best (but better than Revolver). I thought some elements of the film were cool, but overall I felt let down by it all as a complete package. Watson's character should have been played by someone else other than Jude Law. Mark Strong and Downey Jr were good though.

Watched The Adjustment Bureau the other night. Pretty good film. Was an interesting take on things, kind of similar to Dark City in concept only not quite so sci-fy (or as good). Still, a great movie though. I had been putting off watching it for a while and after watching it I don't really know why now. 8/10

Just got done watching Bridesmaids. Have to say I was pleasantly surprised, I had heard it was good, but didn't expect it to be that good. I've said it before and I'll say it again, most comedies around aren't funny at all, and it's rare to find something that will make you laugh. This movie made me lol on multiple occasions. I especially loved the character of Doug's sister, Megan (Melissa McCarthy). The first time she got on screen and talked about her "cruise incident" I burst out laughing. Everything she said and did was pure gold. I was also surprised that Rose Byrne was in this. I had no idea till I started watching. She has a natural beauty about her, that I love to see on screen. Anyways, if you looking for a good comedy, that wonders in to rom-com at times, but in the best possible way give this a watch. 4/5, top notch.

Super 9/10 - This is such an amazing movie, wish I had seen it last year when it came out instead of waiting till now. The reality check in this movie is just unprecedented and completely on point to what being a "super-hero" in real life would poroabably be like. If you loved KickAss then you should definitely give this one a go.

The Big Lebowski 10/10 - Still one of my favorite movies of all time. Great story, that leads in directions you will never see coming. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend you finally learn who Th Dude is and why Dinnie needs to Shut the fuck up so badly.

Battleground 5/10 - Not a horrible movie, but definitely not the best of its genre. I knew very little about this film before watching it, as it turns out it's one of those you die because you stepped into my woods type of movie. The actor was craptastic, but some of the kill scenes made it all worth tehe watch.

Grave of the Fireflies

A hard watch this was due to the subject but expertly made. As strong an anti-war (anime) film as you can get.

9/10

Great film. I just watched Thor, I would say a 6.5/10. It was entertaining, funny in some parts however some elements of it were just dealt with so quickly they seemed confusing and farcical.

The Inbetweeners Movie - 6/10.

It was funny, sure but, nowhere near as good as people were making it out to be. They knew they could use jokes not suitable for TV and that was their downfall.

Rude jokes are not funny if you constantly use them. It was very childish at times, with the excess swearing and usage of "cunt".

The plot was the same as a lot of other teen movies, such as Kevin & Perry; Go Large.

Enjoyable, but not great.

Priest... surprisingly entertaining in a Judge Dredd with cassocks and (not so good cgi) vampires kind of way 6/10

Hanna... I wanted to like this more than I did. It picked up whenever Eric Bana or Tom Hollander were on screen, but overall not great 5.5/10