How to know what ships are best for my fleet?

Is there a way to know which ships are the best of the best, I have a man o war with decent speed and cargo. So I looked for the best ranked one out on the seas to add a second one to my fleet, it was a level 49 and its speed was only 9. Do they have a list or site that has all the ships you can plunder and add to your fleet?

• 2 weeks later...

All ships in my fleet were Lv.38 frigates and Lv.60 man-o-wars, all obtained by boarding those pirate-hunter ships. However, even though man-o-wars are powerful, I only took 3 or 4 of them because in the Kenway fleet sea battles, man-o-wars fire too slowly and often take damage that I had to fix them afterward, while frigates were best balanaced between firing speed & firepower.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

You'll want to look for Level 25 Brigs (Fire-25, Speed-60 and Cargo-35), Level 38 Friggit's (Fire-33, Speed-48 and Cargo-50) and Level 60 Man O' man...Oh War's (Fire-70, Speed-30 and Cargo-90).

The Brig's are good for simple battles and for quick mission's if you can get away with low payloads.

The Frig's are the best all rounders and the Wars are used for the heavy jobs as they are the only ones that can carry them payloads.

Hope this helps,

Dom.