Bulletstorm FAQ [READ BEFORE YOU POST]

Nozza

Ok, hopefully this will help and stop a bit of the clutter. Seeing as people don't look/search the forums anymore I'm hoping this will stop it, as many useless threads are still popping up.

If you have a question add it here! We will then all chip in to answer it and if its not up on the list of questions already up I'll add it in!

Also, please look at the usefull links first and they will more than likely have the answer you're looking for and use them in conjunction with the answers in some cases! Again, please use the Links below as they will more than likely hold the answer!

----------------------

Useful Links:

Achievement Guides: Nozza, Maka & Judd

Collectables Guide

Golden Idol Guide

Campaign, Echo & Anarchy Complete Overview

General:

Can I go through the whole game on Easy then just complete the last Chapter on Very Hard to unlock the achievements?

No you can't. The game registers what difficulties you've completed it on. So when you look at each Act/Chapter via the menu you'll notice it tells you the highest difficulty you've completed it on. Every Chapter must say Very Hard for the achievement to unlock.

I'm about to do my 2nd playthrough on a hard setting. Can I just do any Act/Chapter I like or do I have to select the first and playthrough each one in order again?

There are no issues with doing each Act/Chapter in any order when you start a 2nd playthrough. Again please refer to the answer above about the how the game registers the level completion.

I'm about to start my 2nd playthrough. Shall I just start a New Game?

Again there is not problem with this. If you start a New Game everything Collectables and Skillshot wise will carry over!

Achievements:

I missed an achievement on one of the levels. Do I have to start a New Game to obtain it?

It depends on where you are and what you need to do. Most of the time you can quickly Restart Checkpoint and it'll put you back at the start of where you normally have to gain the achievement. If it doesn't, you can come back at any time via the Act/Chapter select menu and choose the correct Chapter its in and playthrough up to that point. Be careful though as selecting a new Chapter erases all content up to that point.

Are the difficulty achievements stackable?

Yes they are. Completing the game on Very Hard will net you all other difficulty achievements below that and same for the others.

I've done everything right and yet this achievement isn't unlocking! I swear its glitched?!

None of the achievements in Bulletstorm are glitched. You're either doing the wrong thing or missing something along the way.

I swear I've shot all the Red Barrels for the achievement but it won't unlock. Are there some hidden ones?

No, not at all. There's only about 3 areas total where the Barrels are located and all are pretty obvious but like most things you may miss them the first time.

Just make sure you get the one behind you when the Banshee takes off and the one against the reactors at the end of the building on your last fly over of the second roof!

I'm missing a Newsbot and I'm in the spot where it should be but nothings here. Is it glitched?

Yes it may be glitched but there is an easy way to fix it. Simply quit the Chapter and then restart it from the beginning and gets back to its spot. It should be there now.

Skillshots:

When I look at my Skillshot Database, some of them are ticked off but others arn't. Does this mean I haven't unlocked them?

Ok.. When you do a Skillshot at anytime and its successful it'll get put into your Database and will now show the name of it and be ticked off. Sometimes you'll unlock a new Skillshot but then die straight after. When you next look the name and description will be there but it won't be ticked off. DON'T worry! As long as the name of the Skillshot is shown you've pulled off that specific Skillshot!

If a Skillshot is still greyed out, then you have not unlocked and will still need to preform it in a Chpater. If the Skillshot doesn't have any description and has a Red circle near it then its not unlocked yet. You'll see these ones where you haven't brought a Charged component for a gun yet or a Secret Skillshot!

I've been trying this Skillshot for ages and it just won't happen! Am I doing something wrong?

No and yes. Some Skillshots you may be doing right but the environment maybe be causing the problems. Try and do the Skillshot in an open area if it can be done in one to maximize its success.

You may though be doing it wrong. Remember to check your Skillshot Database and read the description. Make sure you're using the right gun and setting for it, and possible the right enemy!

The Ding Dong Skillshot just won't unlock! I'm doing it right but it just doesn't pop up, is it glitched?

The Ding Dong Skillshot is not glitched but is a little tricky. There seems to be a problem with it during the Campaign. If it doesn't unlock then you'll need to restart the Chapter to reset it and hopefully it'll pop when you next try it. Restarting Checkpoint won't sort the problem.

The best way to get around it is to load up the 'Collapsed Building' Echo and try it. It should unlock everytime there!

Can I gain Skillshots in any other mode other than the Campaign?

Yes you can gain them in the Echoes game mode but not the Anarchy. If you also unlock some in the Echo and in the Campaign you're yet to get that certain gun. When you do purchase it the Skillshots you gained will be unlocked!

None of the Skillshots I earn are appearing on the screen?

They will be 2 reasons for this. One you're at the start of the game and are yet to Leash to your first Dropkit which then unlocks the Skillshot system. The other is you may have the Show Skillshot settings turned off in the options menu. Turn it back on and you'll now see them.

Snap Shots & Fast Draws.. Why can't I do them?

A lot of people are having trouble with these and actually they're easier that you think. First make sure the Auto Lock option is turned on in the options menu. Now don't aim at an enemy by put your cursors in a small general area near them. Now press LT! When you suddenly zoom in your gun should automatically move to the side a lock-on to the enemy. When this happens simply shoot and kill him.

You'll need to kill them in one hit so, level out with the head before you snap the aim in and the best gun to use is the Screamer as its a one hit head shot kill. Also, remember not to have any part of the gun over the enemy. If the cursors red and you try it, it won't work!

How many Skillshots do I have to do to unlock the Golden Idol achievement?

You'll need to preform a total of 131 Skillshots ranging from General's, all guns and there alt-fires and then the Secrets.

Anarchy:

Can I get Skillshots in Anarchy mode?

Yes you can but none of them count towards you Golden Idol achievement.

Can I play Anarchy mode solo?

Yes you can. Simply set up a Private Match and play away.

How many ranks are there in Anarchy mode?

You'll have a total of 65 levels to gain!

Levelling up in Anarchy mode is taking to long, can you boost?

Yes you can and its done best solo or with 2 people. Please check the Forum and the Achievement Guides for methods on how to do them.

How many Waves are there in Anarchy?

You'll have to face off and complete a total of 20 Waves to complete Anarchy mode.

If I die in Anarchy mode and I do not get revived, do I have to start from the beginning again?

No you don't. As soon as you die you can hit the A button to restart the wave you were on and will all the Skillshot Points you earned!

My XP bar is behind in a negative area! Does this mean I need to get more XP to level up?

No. This is just a graphic's error on Epics/PCF's part. You do not need to gain any extra XP to get to Rank 65. The bar will simple dwindle down and then go about half way onto the actually level bar until you finally level up!

Edited by Nozza

Echo:

Can I gain Skillshots in Echoes mode?

Yes you can and all new ones you unlock count towards the Golden Idol achievement.

I just can't get 3 stars on this Echo map. Is there a secret to doing it?

No not really. Its more about skill, timing and a bit of good luck. Make sure you preform many different Skillshots when you can and change weapons halfway through also to preform a whole new set! You'll also want to beat the target times for extra points.

Practice makes perfect!

Gears of War 3 Beta:

How do I get hold of a Beta Code that lets me play GoW 3 early?

Unless Cliff or Epic has personally handed you a Code, there's only a few ways to get one. One is pre-ordering Gears of War from your local Gamestop, GAME or Gamestation stores. Once you've done that the Code will be sent to you once the Beta is released. The other is by by buying the Epic Edition of Bulletstorm.

When does the Beta begin?

If you have brought the Bulletstorm Epic Edition it will be open from the 18th April and if you've just pre-order GoW3 from your store it will launch on the 25th April.

When will the Beta end?

The Beta will end on the 15th of May.

If I play the Beta, will we unlock anything for the game when its releases?

Yes you will. You'll be given the Beta Medal to start of your first match. You'll then later unlock the Cole at 70 played games then play another 13 after that and you'll get to keep him when the retail game is unlocked.

This is the only way to unlock Cole for the game by the way. The finally play 90 matches and you'll unlock the Gold Retro Lancer, but to keep it again for the retail version you need to kill 100 people with it! Then for everyone who plays the Beta will be given a Flaming Lancer for when the retail game is released.

Can the Beta be played on more than one profile?

No it cannot. Its one Code per console.

Can I use a Beta Code with my Standard Edition game.

To my knowledge, no you can't. You need the Epic Edition disc for the Code to actually register and work.

Edited by Nozza

sorry about that you should try pre-encoding. Like

do disregard my first post on this thread

Nah.. It will only take 2 secs to do it here.

Sorry for trouble but can you delete your first post? I may need it as a reserve!

Thanks!

Edit - Thanks, but you didn't have to do both :p

Edited by Nozza

Hey. Awesome FAQ you've created. :) I do have another question though. It may be in their already, but I don't think I saw it so...Are the campaign achievements stackable? If I complete the Campaign on Very Hard, will both the Hard and Very Hard campaign Achievements unlock? :confused:

Thanks again. :woop:

Hey. Awesome FAQ you've created. :) I do have another question though. It may be in their already, but I don't think I saw it so...Are the campaign achievements stackable? If I complete the Campaign on Very Hard, will both the Hard and Very Hard campaign Achievements unlock? :confused:

Thanks again. :woop:

Yes they are stackable. I'll add that in.

My bulletstorm limted edition wont load today but played it for a little while anyway and put in code for gears 3 beta can i go and buy a normal bulletstorm and still have my gears 3 beta availabale or do i need a other limted edition bulletstorm

You need the Epic Edition Code and Disc for it to work. It won't work with the code and standard edition to my knowledge. Added to FAQ.

Edited by Nozza

Can you add the total points you need to get for the "Final Echo" achievements (rank 65)? I got it at 1919900 and it unlocked when I did the last kill of that round so this is the closest you get tot the correct number.

And the best way to boost solo, it even beats doing it in co-op. I got 12.000-15.000 every 3 minutes. That's almost 120.000 every 30 minutes. I used the Waterworks map but it also works on Grand Central.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=4035557&postcount=11

prefer over this thread or in a privet message

Do it in a PM.

Can you add the total points you need to get for the "Final Echo" achievements (rank 65)? I got it at 1919900 and it unlocked when I did the last kill of that round so this is the closest you get tot the correct number.

And the best way to boost solo, it even beats doing it in co-op. I got 12.000-15.000 every 3 minutes. That's almost 120.000 every 30 minutes. I used the Waterworks map but it also works on Grand Central.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=4035557&postcount=11

I'm not going to add that, as I stated in the main paragraph at the top to look over the links first and also correspond the links to the questions.

So if you or anyone else looked over my Overview thread then it has a full rank chart and gives you all the info you need.

Edited by Nozza

One quick thing to clarify. On one of your first answers, you say that the skillshots and achievements (like drinking nom bottles and such) DONT carry over into the next game if you select New Game. But they do :) I didn't use chapter select when I went through on Very Hard, I just selected new game and everything switched just fine.

One quick thing to clarify. On one of your first answers, you say that the skillshots and achievements (like drinking nom bottles and such) DONT carry over into the next game if you select New Game. But they do :) I didn't use chapter select when I went through on Very Hard, I just selected new game and everything switched just fine.

Really? Ok.. I read/heard it didn't but thanks!

I'll change it!

re echoes: what are the scores needed for 3 stars.

Also, please look at the usefull links first and they will more than likely have the answer you're looking for to and use them in conjunction with the answers in some cases! So please use the Links below as they will more than likely hold the answer!

----------------------

Useful Links:

Complete Overview

Please read before you post!

• 3 weeks later...

So it says per console.. if my brother is playing on the same console as me but on a different profile would he be able to play the Beta as well?

So it says per console.. if my brother is playing on the same console as me but on a different profile would he be able to play the Beta as well?

I'm not sure. I don't know if the Beta is saved to your saved file like your HDD or your gamertag. If its your gamertag then no. But if its your HDD then possibly yes.

Hello. I have a problem, well I think I have one, I don't know yet...I still have 2 chapters left to play.

Here is the thing. I finished the game on normal difficulty and then I started playing on Verry Hard. I went to chapter select and I play the chapters from 7-2 downwards (I like to do that :)) -I do this on every game.

So I started from 7-2 downwards, 7-1, 6-3, 6-2, 6-1 and so on. Oki now the problem is this (I will atach 1 or 2 pictures to see). I finish all the chapters on very hard (not yet 2 and 1) but when I select to play (for example chapter 6 again) The completed Difficulty is at Very Hard but the little yellow box is at normal. Is this oki? :confused:

Here are the pictures. Shouldn't the Very Hard difficulty be lighted? Whys is Normal? Is that something default?

Thanks.