Worth picking up Or Renting?

TheThreeStooges

Definitely pick this one up, faced paced action, brilliant PvPvPvP modes. It's an altogether clusterbomb of awesomeness.

Makes quite a drinking game too might I add, it will also ruin friendships over the course of a few games.

Haven't played Single Player yet, but I was sold on the Multiplayer aspect alone.

27.02 for a decent brawler that plays like Fighting Force and Dynasty Warriors and looks like Gears of War quality graphics is a steal. Single player on hard is great if you want a challenge. Haven't played online yet, but unless you are picking up DMC next week, there is nothing new to play until Febuary.

This is worth a buy and a definite rent. The graphics are great, music is upbeat, and the dialogue is often very funny. I started the game on hard and got frustrated because it took time to learn the mechanics of the game but once I took the time to learn the controls, enemy patterns, and my moves, it became very enjoyable! Playing this on normal I am sure you will have no real issues and be able to enjoy a classic third person beat'em up.

If you are going for achievements, it will keep you busy because you have to play through the game on both normal and hard because they don't stack. There is only one or two achievements that are a semi pain in the butt but if you are looking for a fun, enjoyable, funny, and easy 700-900 point game for $30, this is the game for you :)

I have 520 points with a little over 5 hours on hard. Another 5ish and I should be done.

27.02 for a decent brawler that plays like Fighting Force and Dynasty Warriors and looks like Gears of War quality graphics is a steal. Single player on hard is great if you want a challenge. Haven't played online yet, but unless you are picking up DMC next week, there is nothing new to play until Febuary.

Oh my god were you high when you wrote this post. Gears of war quality graphics!!!!!! No way. The graphics on this game are hideous, very basic and muddy looking with very little texture detail. Funny enough after playing this last night for a couple of hours I jumped on gears 3 with some mates and there is no way the graphics on this game get anywhere near the level of gears.

Anarchy reigns reeks of being a budget game. Sub par graphics and an overall lack of polish and production values. The fighting can be a lot of fun but only in small doses as its all very samey and repetative. It plays like a beat-em-up version of earth defence force in my opinion.

I know it was only £20 but you could get loads of games that are miles better than this for a£20 or less.

A very average game that would get a 5/10 from me.

If this game was a dinosaur it would be a "Keep-a-saurus".

Definately worth owning.

The graphics might not be as polished as "Gears Of War" but unless you stop to stare and scrutinise... you're not really gonna notice.

Great fun to play. Tons of different modes.

Something new and something fun.

Az

This game is broken. Combat is boring, enemies are dull. Story doesn't make sense. I was expecting more from a melee oriented combat game from Platinum. Play Bayonetta again you will get more enjoyment.

1) How is the game broken? I experienced zero glitches, no graphic hiccups, or anything else to warrant the word "broken."

2) The story made perfect sense if you played completely through both sides. That means having to play through the story twice. Once starting on black and then restarting again on white. It fills in all the cutscenes that may seem out of place. I understood the story completely. If you only play through on only one side, you will not know how it all comes together and miss details from the other side.

For $30, you get exactly what you pay for in my opinion. There isn't much replay value after going through the story twice unless you enjoy multiplayer which I just couldn't get into but some might enjoy it. I enjoyed the story and laughed quite often at some of the dialogue but each to their own.

Those that are shit at the game say avoid.

Those that are good say buy it.

Which are you op.

Not entirely true :p

I started on black side hard, but, after losing to durga and garuda a fair number of times (well aware of your hints to get the double rockets, but, my patience was exhausted at this point), i decided to drop down to normal and just playthrough from the beginning again.

By that logic im shit at the game XD however im glad to see the OP took a chance and picked this up, i got my copy for £15 new and its easily one of the most entertaining games i have picked up recently, really fun to play, the crazy stories and characters are a blast and even the OST is growing on me.

Will attempt hard again at some point, but, for now, im loving the cruise on normal :)