Hell on Wheels (Tank Mission)

Aqua18

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually there's an easy way at the last part. When you drive through the gate and see other tank coming to you just go back until you see warning about desynchronisation. As long as you see that warning other tanks won't shoot you so you can easily take them down. Just be careful to not go back too far. Hope this will help anyone having problem with this one.

Thank you so much for posting this! Managed to do it on my second go. :)

TAKE YOUR TIME!!! The tank maneuvers best when it is moving sideways. Never pause while engaging in conflict, especially at the end. Watch this video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZQC4NvpwQ8]YouTube - Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood: Hell on Wheels, Full Sync[/ame]

Just did that, Didn't really care much in this try tho, maybe thats why, but i was in constant move and when fighting other tanks, circling around them helped alot, cuz they couldn't hit me, 100% on it first try after I did it once during campaign.

• 3 weeks later...
Actually there's an easy way at the last part. When you drive through the gate and see other tank coming to you just go back until you see warning about desynchronisation. As long as you see that warning other tanks won't shoot you so you can easily take them down. Just be careful to not go back too far. Hope this will help anyone having problem with this one.

Didn't work for me :(

I went back and couldn't even see teh tanks started shooting then the dreaded desynchronisation message came up :(

What I have to say about the el gay achievement is it is just that... gay. This achievement should have been included in the ORIGINAL GAME DAMMIT!!! DLC should just have achievements relating to the DLC. People back me up on this one!!!!!!!!!:mad:

HA! No support from me. I had left the game for dead, and the achievement brought me back to it and encouraged me to complete it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Also try this worked a treat for me....

for the people who are still trying to get full sync and are stuck at the last part against the two tanks, i found a neat trick online on how to avoid getting hit by the tanks. basically what you do is after you blast through the door and drove to the white checkpoint, you drive back to the unsynchronized zone until it says, desync is imminent. in this zone you can't get hit by the tanks. you will lose health, but the health is ezio's not the tank's so you can still get full sync

i was worried reading these scary storys of these missions and finally got to them last night (finished the story and hidden lairs 100%) i finished the flying machine first try. just knock out the main towers as soon as you can shoot them. and it took 2 tries for the tank mission because i forgot about the canon outside the first room :p

over all, ive had little trouble getting 100%. some of the sneaky missions were a bit annoying but not really hard. just gotta figure out the best way to do it. :)

• 4 weeks later...

This is a lot easier than some of you may think...

Not many people have trouble with the cannons, just pop out from behind the wall, shoot at them and pop back in again, don't forget to shoot all the barrels on the way aswell.

As for the last battle with the tanks, everyone finds this difficult but there is a "cheat" for it. Once you bust open the doors and cross the checkpoint marker, reverse back out slightly until your screen turns blue and it says "desynchronising is imminant" While you are at this position, you can't be harmed, shoot the tanks from here and they can't shoot you back, do it fast though as ezios health slowly drains.

• 3 weeks later...
What I have to say about the el gay achievement is it is just that... gay. This achievement should have been included in the ORIGINAL GAME DAMMIT!!! DLC should just have achievements relating to the DLC. People back me up on this one!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I

already 100% the normal game, except from a few assasinations and thieve missions.. So I had no problems with this achievement at all. I kinda like getting 120:gsicon: at once :D

My first save file had everything completed, so I decided to start a second one. Sadly that meant I had to do Hell on Wheels again :(. Luckily I managed to go through and do the missions 100% sync on the first try. I didn't use the "cheat" at the end of the mission like a lot of people mentioned, I just didnt stop moving and it was perfectly fine. You just have to be careful to not get hung up on some of the debris in the middle of the end area.

And I also already had 100% on the main game before the DLC was released. So I was glad they added the achievement :D Free 100G!

• 2 months later...

Well boy do I feel like an idiot as most people on this thread are saying this mission isn't that hard, only took them a few tries, etc. OMG...freaking Hell On Wheels has me wishing I hadn't purchased the DLC. I can honestly say that I'd rather skip out on extra content, than have to deal with this BITCH of an achievement, grrr! Over the past two nights, I have spent a total of three hours on this mission (at least), and I can't even get past the cannons without taking damage. Hopefully the desync glitch will work for me at the final tank battle, but first I have to make it past not only the cannons, but the first tank as well (yeah right).

I have been trying like everyone says for taking out the cannons - cover, pop out and take a shot, then duck back behind the cover again, etc. But I think my main problem is that the damn tank is so fucking impossible to maneuver, I keep getting it stuck everywhere, and I'll come out to take a shot and then just get hung out to dry because I can only go forwards or backwards rather than sideways (back to my cover). I guess this is where I am at a serious disadvantage having never played any of those Call of Duty games or anything like that.

Although what may help me is the cape changing trick - since I am frequently getting cornered and I can always tell when I'm about to get hit (obviously), it would save me a lot of headache to just be able to reload from the last checkpoint. But I don't have any capes unlocked - when do you get them?

• 1 month later...

Took me 4 tries. First time around I got hit by a cannon that was hiding behind a cliff/wall/rock. Restart. 2nd time I made it all the way there and tried the "desynch" method, but it didn't seem to work for me. 3rd time I got hit from behind by the tank on the left, it was the only time I got hit. 4th time (which was going to be my last try for the evening) it worked out perfectly. I rolled in and went a bit to the left, what happened is both tanks wound up sitting next to eachother, I didn't have to worry about either of them flanking me and I could keep my eye on both at once. Just kept moving and took them both out.... it was really easy when they line up like that!

• 1 year later...

Hey Everyone!

Thank you soooo much whoever found out about the desync glitch, helped me get rid of the first tank that comes up to you and doesn't shoot, then I just circled the 2nd one as usual. Much easier and now I have 100% sync in ACB and the DLC!

Good luck to everyone else doing this mission, now to play through ASR and then ACIII!

GL & HF!

KnavishCrayfish