How-To Video: Tow Star (40g)

tS-BLiTZ

One of my fellow gamers has just become the first person to get under 56 seconds on the second level of the game. He was kind enough to post up a video on youtube showing the path/powerup usage that will get you the time you need for the achievement. Check it out!

Grand ToWrismo - Under 56 seconds:

[ame=www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq3JrkCK6tY]YouTube- Things on Wheels 'ToW Star' Achievement[/ame]

You can keep up with his gaming adventures at twitter.com/uurrnn and mine (ranked #1 on all leaderboards except now this one, since he beat my time) at twitter.com/mlgBLiTZ.

Cheers!

Feel free to use this in the achievement guide if it gets created.

Edited by tS-BLiTZ

One of my fellow gamers has just become the first person to get under 56 seconds on the second level of the game. He was kind enough to post up a video on youtube showing the path/powerup usage that will get you the time you need for the achievement. Check it out!

Grand ToWrismo - Under 56 seconds:

You can keep up with his gaming adventures at twitter.com/uurrnn and mine (ranked #1 on all leaderboards except now this one, since he beat my time) at twitter.com/mlgBLiTZ.

Cheers!

Feel free to use this in the achievement guide if it gets created.

Matt, Kuddos for your performance!

:Bounce:

Let's see how many people can get this achievement...

Cheers,

DenisDenis.

Which mode does this have to be done in exactly?!?!?

I have done this twice in Arcade in one lap and nothing .. wtf?!?

EDIT: Got this today :)

I dont know what I was doing wrong yesterday but I noticed my times werent uploaded to the leaderboard. I may have had it on the wrong mode but who knows. Anyway now I have full 200 and never have to play this junk game again!

Edited by The Dauntless

This is quite difficult. I can consistently get 56.40-57, but never under 56. I'll keep trying. It's the second half of the track that gets me, as I am actually faster than the guy in the video through the first 30 seconds or so of the track.

Denis, can you please confirm whether the setting has to be one single lap? It'd be easier set as two, as you'd be able to fill up your boost before starting the second lap. Perhaps that is why it is not unlocking for the other guys?

*Edit- 55.73! Phew. I was only after the achievement, but that time puts me at number one on the leaderboard.

Edited by Shelton

This is quite difficult. I can consistently get 56.40-57, but never under 56. I'll keep trying. It's the second half of the track that gets me, as I am actually faster than the guy in the video through the first 30 seconds or so of the track.

Denis, can you please confirm whether the setting has to be one single lap? It'd be easier set as two, as you'd be able to fill up your boost before starting the second lap. Perhaps that is why it is not unlocking for the other guys?

*Edit- 55.73! Phew. I was only after the achievement, but that time puts me at number one on the leaderboard.

Congrats!

To be clear, you can do as many laps as you want, the only thing is to complete them if you want your best time posted.

Cheers!

DenisDenis.

so it can be done in more rounds asone? cause then you can fill up the boosting meter....

and but first i have to find the trick to boost over the stones.. am am usaly to far off and miss that little sweet spot :p

Correct. Wish I knew that before I spent several hours doing one single lap. Got it though, so I don't mind. I found not using boost over the rocks was more effective than using boost. Using boost, you sometimes flip, or just smash into the rock. Not using it, I usually went straight over it and landed facing the right direction.

This achievement is WAYYYY easier if you do 2 laps. I got it after only 10 tries or so. I would try on the first lap, but if I knew I couldnt do it on time, I would just charge up my boost right before the start/finish line and do the next lap. Only this time I would have tons of boost to use and make up for any bad driving. The 200 in this game only took me 2hours and 54min. Fun, quick and easy game.

Yes, the rock shortcut is an absolute must.

Not necessarily I got a 54.98 without using the rock shortcut, that is not a lie, use the Sting. I didnt find out about that till afterwards, and I have tried it just to take a look :)

• 1 year later...