Love but Stink

Decaying Snow

So I haven't played MK since the first few in arcades.

This game looks beautiful.

I wanna see all of it and the stories etc.

but I have a problem--

I TOTALLY SUCK AT FIGHTING GAMES!!

Any advice or solutions for me?

Am I out of luck in experiencing this beautiful game?

You can manage to get everything done offline rather without too much trouble even if your bad at fighting games.

On the other hand ONLINE you will have to hunt for beginners, wich is possible but prepare to loose a lot of match, even when your decent at it this game is still hard to play online, with imput lag, bad netcoding, spammers and shit.... ;)

I don't play fighting games much (in fact the last one I played before this may have been MK5 Deadly Alliance) and whilst I wouldn't say I suck I'm obviously not going to be as good as others. You can see all the stories and have a lot of fun playing on very easy or easy. Normal isn't that hard either. I don't play online and still enjoy the game.

Best advice I can give is don't just rely on special moves. Unlike the original first 3 MK games all of the characters in the newer games have entirely seperate basic moves. learn the combos in a characters menu and see how you can cancel those into special moves. Also while the x-rays are fun to watch most of the time meter is better used on ex versions of special moves to either increase damage, provide armor, or extend a combo. Like others have said keep using the practice area and experiment. Look up good combos on YouTube as well. And if you are still having problems go to testyourmight.com. I grew up playing original arcade MK so it took me some time as well but you'll get it.