Can't 5 star burning laps

M49907

So I am getting 5 stars on every event except for all of the previews and the burning laps. I cant get over 4 stars on them. If I fly to the end to try to get there in time I dont get an AWESOME rating but if I get the rating I only make it there in time for a silver. These are the only hard things in this game I try them over and over. Any help?

This is what I would suggest doing. Learn the track till you can hit every short cut, get very good at driving against traffic, and like the above poster stated, keep drifting through every turn no matter how small that turn is, be careful on jumping though, I have found that it adds a few precious seconds while in the air that you really need for getting to the end. But on most of the previews and burning laps, as long as you keep hitting all the short cuts and manage to weave in and out of incoming traffic, you should make the time and keep your stars up. Also do not be afraid to traffic check also for added boost if you not comfortable with driving on the wrong side of the road. And lastly, keep you boost button held down, so it keeps firing when you get any boost, instead of waiting till you have a full bar.

• 1 month later...

I had my buddy sitting next to me for these and we timed every shortcut. Some of them actually slow you down if you can't drift or boost threw them. Just go threw the track and find the path you can get the most boost and control your car enough to get an awesome rating.

Most of these laps will require your most perfect race ever and a little help from lady luck.

Perseverence.

• 2 weeks later...

Like all said above, Just practice the track. You have to perfect every race, ie no crashing whatsoever. I got this last night and thought it was going to be the death of me, until i reached those last two RoadRage events on Dominator Rank (30 Takedowns ?! , but got that done too...) Practice, Push it to the limit on the wrong side of the road, and take key shortcuts. (Also, keep boost held down as long as you can as you get "awesome boosting!" which will help with some.)

So I am getting 5 stars on every event except for all of the previews and the burning laps. I cant get over 4 stars on them. If I fly to the end to try to get there in time I dont get an AWESOME rating but if I get the rating I only make it there in time for a silver. These are the only hard things in this game I try them over and over. Any help?

i have a glitch, where i get a gold rating on 1 of the preview events, and it is only saying that i didn't 5 star it, but i did!!!! any help?

Just got Burning Laps. Don't take any shortcut except the 2 shortcuts that give you the ramps. There was also 1 car that I was able to hit into oncoming traffic, which gave me EPIC star power.

I didn't get any drift power on this lap either so don't worry for not getting any.

~Gex

• 1 month later...