71/72 Locations ("There and back again" Discussion)

Dragonsss

One thing. For 1 of the skulls you had to "blow up" a door. Maybe there are more doors like this that need to be forced up, thus hiding the last place.-

`?

lol so go around and try to "blow up" every door in the game and get back to us =P

Since the discovery of that skull and drop off I attempt to blow up every door I cannot open.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uh-uh. I aint gonna go messing around with that. Ill let someone else try that out hahah. I already uncovered the button in the jungle mystery. thats enough for me atm.

Nah just saying its a possibility. Seams like we all pretty much searched the whole map, so might be something silly as a door that needs to be crushed,.

What where those Jungle buttons about anyway?

Which is not part of the retail game and has a price tag of 800msp.

Should we go inform microsoft about this little detour fraud?

In other news: http://www.trueachievements.com/achievementgamer.aspx?achievementid=153984

guys..... they won the legal battle. it IS retail 1000g.... but they tricked us in a way. we HAVE the 1000retail IF you bought it NEW! used copies or ones sold off other sites bought it from gamestop ... and prolly took codes out.. its a gamestop exclusive game..... thats what it said anyways but yeah COMES WITH THE ARENA CODE FOR FREE WHEN IT COMES OUT! ..... therefore we have all the areas just not quite yet, though the game shouldnt have even come out yet.... its so glitchy o.o; game testers suck balls now-a-days....

guys..... they won the legal battle. it IS retail 1000g.... but they tricked us in a way. we HAVE the 1000retail IF you bought it NEW! used copies or ones sold off other sites bought it from gamestop ... and prolly took codes out.. its a gamestop exclusive game..... thats what it said anyways but yeah COMES WITH THE ARENA CODE FOR FREE WHEN IT COMES OUT! ..... therefore we have all the areas just not quite yet, though the game shouldnt have even come out yet.... its so glitchy o.o; game testers suck balls now-a-days....

Nice try. The Gamestop exclusive part was for pre-ordering the Dead Island Special Edition. This edition was only available for pre-order for a few weeks at Gamestop. After that, the only pre-orders were for the original edition.

The difference between the two editions is the Ripper DLC, a code for the Arena DLC, and maybe a few others I'm not sure are in the Special Edition. However no one can officially travel to the Arena as the code does not work till the DLC is officially released.

The only probably solutions for this problems is 1. The game is glitched right now and not registering certain locations and they are proposing a patch to fix the game but usually patches take anywhere from 1-3 weeks to be fully made, submitted, and verified. 2. Everyone is missing one place that is very sneaky (very unlikely but could be a possibility). 3. The last area is the Arena DLC where people can travel there but cannot participate if they have not paid for it. Thus it will count as a location.

i think i might have figured it out but i need help.... hard for ONE person to check 2 full zones >.> but in city mainly and maybe jungle did you check TOP of buildings? most people in our world think in 2 d not 3d while i was doing the siren quests to activate them as loudspeakers i got one discovered on a rooftop therefore that could mean there are more. please tell me what you find.

I really dont see why companies cant just respond on their website with something like "its a glitch" or "here are the 72 needed locations", i mean the first one we would know they were aware and working on a solution and the second we would be able to cross reference with a file starting from scratch. and at most all it would take is a copy and paste of locations from the game code, similar to what someone has done here, i have been stuck on 71/72 for about 5 days now and its making me not want to play this game. I cant wait for someone here to resolve what is going on with this achievement.

Damn it, finished with 70/72. I knew before playing that this achievement had problems so was very careful to go everywhere I could and do all the quests that I could. The only notable one I missed was the crashed plane one you get given in Act I but can't complete until you reach the jungle? Does the crashed plane count as a location? If not does anyone know where I might be missing the 71st location?

Cheers.

Yeah, only got 20/21 on city, again the "gas station" was not faund.

Atm im on the ACT 3, wanna rush this to come again at the final to the city to take the gasoline on the gas station, maybe this count again like a "new place".

Maps incoming too but imageshack is fucked :mad:

i think i might have figured it out but i need help.... hard for ONE person to check 2 full zones >.> but in city mainly and maybe jungle did you check TOP of buildings? most people in our world think in 2 d not 3d while i was doing the siren quests to activate them as loudspeakers i got one discovered on a rooftop therefore that could mean there are more. please tell me what you find.

Did you already have all the city located in 2d as you say? cause if not you could have just gotten a new location just from uncovering green..

Did you already have all the city located in 2d as you say? cause if not you could have just gotten a new location just from uncovering green..

yes... because i walked around the building 25 fucking times to figure out how to get up it >.>;;; loil couldnt find the ladder on the buildings so i cheated and jumped and grabbedo nto a ladder inside a gate lmao

LISTEN UP BOYS!

My friend Josh was in my XBL party and we were talking about this achievement. I was in the middle of exploring the jungle, hitting places I hadn't been. And he said "yeah I've only got 69 out of 72" and I was like "well i'm searching for locations join up" so he joined, and as we were going thru the jungle he ended up popping two more locations. We went and killed jason and explored a few surrounding areas. And he was like "sick dude, 71/72. ANd I proceeded to tell him about how EVERYONE is stuck at 71/72. So we thought nothing of it and kept playing. EVentually he left. I was playing by myself for about another hour, and he rejoined my chat party and jumped into my game. At this point I was just dicking around in the resort. He joined my game as INSTANTLY the achievement popped for him. But he SWORE he had already been to the area, I ean it was like, RIGHT in the middle of the resort, no way he couldnt have been there.... Bt he got it, and I' pissed the fuck off. I'm gonna upload a pic of the spot that he popped it in a second.

Hey guys im throwing my two cents here.. Well lets look at the achievement name. "There and back again". This guy ^^ up there says his friend popped it in the resort, right by where the game starts. Now this may be giving the developers too much credit, but take it with a grain of salt. Maybe after you beat the game and get 71/72 places, maybe if you join another game at the resort with your same character and stats and everything maybe it will pop like it did for him. Because literally his friend went "There and Back Again". That is all.