Xbox 360 or PC

ushae

Guys I'm considering getting this game but am split between Xbox and PC version. I didn manage to play on my friends PC and he said he's has numerous stutter issues and says it feels like a really weak port.

I have a reasonable machine (HD 6850 Graphics, 4GB RAM), but tend to do most of my gaming on Xbox. My question would I really be missing anything if I opted for the Xbox version instead of the PC? I really can't be bothered dealing with all the broken features if the PC version is a pain to deal with.

Thanks guys,

U

With this being a Xbox forum, I imagine the answers will be quite 1 sided.

LOL! Very true.

OP: Either console/system. My friend is currently playing on the PC and it's the same exact thing. I know little to nothing about PC gaming but I would assume the only difference is that a good gaming PC has Ultra-Settings which means better graphics.

But then again, graphics aren't what make a game good. Gameplay does.

• 2 weeks later...

I've researched before if the PC version is really better. There are articles which state that according to the Dev you won't see much (very few) difference between them.

I saw Far Cry 3 at a Friend on the PC and I couldn't tell if it's really better or not. Normally the PC Version has advantages in long sight for example but in FC3 it seems really well down on Xbox.

The biggest issue I saw with the Console Version is that when you drive, the graphics getting drawn in few distances, I'm not sure if that's the same on PC as I didn't check this out.

The PC Version looked more "polished" for me but in a unrealistic way so if you want the best version even with a very little difference go fo the PC, if you want to play from a Couch take the Xbox version. On PC you will also have to press (mouse) buttons for some actions which feels more like a Console version :)

I prefer the Xbox Version.

• 2 weeks later...

Achievements have me so hooked I cant even consider PC games unless they are GFWL versions. My XPS 17 laptop does well with the couple I have played (Dark Souls being the most hardware required). But still the only time I play it is when its hooked to the TV with an Xbox controller. Microsoft has me hooked real good.

On top of this I don't have too much time on my hands to play games everyday. One console on one TV does just fine for me.

• 2 weeks later...

you are kidding me right guys lmao. Whilst im no fan boy i have the game on both version, 360 and PC. Where on earth or whoever told you because you play a game on the pc you have to use a keyboard mouse and a small monitor playing at a desk lmao..thats the funniest shit ive ever heard.. You have heard of HDMI cables right and the ability to go from your pc VGA card to your 60inch LCD/Plasma whatever lmao..and you do realise such things as controllers are widely available for the PC also lol. I even have a 360 controller for my PC and I sit in my lounge on my big ass sofa like many other gamers out there playing all the games on both my 360 and my PC as they are in the same room lol. Visually the difference is night and day, if you want to see and get immersed in this gorgeous island, then get it on the PC for sure. I suggest you take a peek at a screeny from the pc version. Believe me, if you have the opportunity to get this game on PC, GET IT, it blows the console version out the water. Hell, do what I did, have them on both and enjoy them both, the game is that good.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8363/8316955078_3489c76aa1_o.jpg

Edited by tonyturbo