General FAQ Thread

Method

Please let us know if there is anything else you'd like to see here that people ask often!

Backpack Upgrade Locations:

• Settlement: Gorhart, Odarst - Trader: The Corner Shop, sold by Rikka Egest
  • Settlement: Rathir, Upper City, Tywili Coast - Trader: Scholia Arcana Main Hall, sold by Wil Donell
  • Settlement: Ysa, The Sidhe - Trader: Asker’s Alley, sold by Riona Helt
  • Settlement: Domus Politica, Adessa - Trader: Senecer Macit
  • Settlement: Mel Senshir - Trader: Illyn Doldran

Q: Do "sustained" skills count toward the 500 kills with abilities?

A: No, it needs to be classified as an "active" skill.

Q: Why can't I find X Lorestone?

A: You probably don't have your Detect Hidden skill up high enough. Some require Level 5 in this skill before you can see them.

Q: Where can I train in...?

A: All trainer locations can be found HERE. Be aware that there are two trainers for the 0-3 skill range, and only one each for 4-6 and 7-9. Plan your skill points carefully so you can take advantage of the trainers and use the skill points you earn from leveling in other places until you can't train anymore.

Q: What is the level cap, if any?

A: 40

Q: How do I respec my character?

A: You must pay a fateweaver to do it for you. Fateweavers are spread across the entire game in different towns. Their symbol on the map is a couple of cards fanned out. The cost to unbind your destiny (i.e. respec) gradually increases each time you do it.

Q: How can I advance the in-game time?

A: Only by using a bed or simply leaving the game unpaused. There is no on-demand "wait" featur, unfortunately.

Q: What are the different types of Gems you can make/socket?

A: The list HERE has all of them.

Q: Repairing items costs so much, how can I afford it?

A: Never use a blacksmith to repair items. Instead buy repair kits from a merchant and repair items yourself.

Edited by Method

I'll try to help as well, since I'm guilty of making a stupid thread about Lorestones.

Not all Lorestones can be found right off the bat. A few (like in Gorguath), require the "Detect Hidden" skill to be leveled up enough (level 5) to be able to find hidden doors.

Edit: Trainers; Each trainer can only be used once. Read next post for more info (thanks SpinelesS)

There are only five backpack upgrades in the game. Here are the locations:

Settlement: Gorhart, Odarst

Trader: The Corner Shop, sold by Rikka Egest

Settlement: Rathir, Upper City, Tywili Coast

Trader: Scholia Arcana Main Hall, sold by Wil Donell

Settlement: Ysa, The Sidhe

Trader: Asker’s Alley, sold by Riona Helt

Settlement: Domus Politica, Adessa

Trader: Senecer Macit

Settlement: Mel Senshir

Trader: Illyn Doldran

Edited by Mercury

Trainers can only be used if a skill is low enough (below level 3 I believe). Anything above that and you just get a message telling you your skill is too high. Also, each trainer can only be used once.

there seems to be 4 trainers for each skill. 2 for training when your between level 0 - 3 of the skill, 1 for when your between the levels of 4-6, and a final one for when your between 7 - 9

there seems to be 4 trainers for each skill. 2 for training when your between level 0 - 3 of the skill, 1 for when your between the levels of 4-6, and a final one for when your between 7 - 9

Regarding "0-3", I have 1 gray box in persuasion from my race I believe, 1 from training at the House Of Ballads, one green from my Compass of Fate item, and one green from Wayfarer destiny I believe (2 gray 2 green). If I add 1 gray Pt from level up (3 gray 2 green) will I still be able to train in Ysa with the 2nd 0-3 trainer without respec'ing? or does 0-3 really mean NOT 3 gray boxes yet? Thanks!

Put the compass in your house box to respect then take it out when you are done in the end what I plan on doing is storing any thing that adds skill that counts while not wearing it then running around to each trainer. Also a good thing to do is save the skill books till your ready to max your skills that way you can use them as needed to reach the point values you need.

For instance you go and grab all the 0-3 trainers then point out you points evenly for each skill then hit the 4-6 trainers then use the books. After words go and reset and stat your points to your taste because the last trainers can train you up until the final point. I really do not worry about resetting my destiny to much not even half way to the cap and sitting on over five million.

Does difficulty effect XP gain?

Quick question: Does killing enemies with Battle Frenzy count towards the "500 kills with abilities" achievement?

Edit: I only ask because I just unlocked it and am loving it.

If you use your right trigger and d-pad to activate it then yes.

Edited by Method

Does difficulty effect XP gain?

I don't believe it does. On the first level, I played through on both normal and hard, and by the end of both I was sitting around the same XP (level 1).

If you use your right trigger and d-pad to activate it then yes.

Yeah, but you can leave it activated forever after that. It's w/e either way I'll get this achievement eventually, as I'm already 34 hours deep, only level 20, have 62 completed quests, and just now reached the Plains of Erathell. Fucking loving this game.

Quick question: Does killing enemies with Battle Frenzy count towards the "500 kills with abilities" achievement?

Edit: I only ask because I just unlocked it and am loving it.

I didn't think it did, just because I had it activated for a long time, and I'm pretty sure I killed more than 100 enemies with it on, but I didn't pop the achievement. I just waited 'til I was a high level, went to odarath and killed enemies in a couple hits with quake.

Backpack locations would be a great addition.

Bro, they're there. Fourth post. I just bolded it. Method, if you wouldn't mind, maybe you could add my backpack locations to your post, that way people will see it immediately.

I didn't think it did, just because I had it activated for a long time, and I'm pretty sure I killed more than 100 enemies with it on, but I didn't pop the achievement. I just waited 'til I was a high level, went to odarath and killed enemies in a couple hits with quake.

Feel you. Thanks. I'll do that if the cheevo doesn't pop before I beat the story.

Edited by Mercury

I am starting my first character and you learn as you go but i put some points in some areas I dont really need where can you respec and if so what lvl and can you respec as many times as you want. Info greatly apreciated

You can respec by speaking to any Fateweaver NPC, they are represented on your mini-map as a deck of cards symbol. The guy you meet and who reads your fate after you have left the tower - Agarth can do it for you.

The cost starts relatively small at a few thousand gold but the more and more you respec, the higher the price becomes :)

You need to visit a Fateweaver. Try not to do this often, the price doubles each time. The first one you'll come to is in the House of Ballads probably. There's also one in Ysa off the top of my head. I know there have been more, just can't remember at the moment.

You need to visit a Fateweaver. Try not to do this often, the price doubles each time. The first one you'll come to is in the House of Ballads probably. There's also one in Ysa off the top of my head. I know there have been more, just can't remember at the moment.

I have used fateweavers 4 times, didn't record the cost for the first, but the other 3 cost 2,048, 4,608, and 6,912 gold

An easy way to find fateweavers is to go to your map :back: and enter world map :ybut:. If you place your cursor over any found location it will list the services of that location. Just look for Fateweaver :)