The Official Gears 2 Bitching Thread

NinjaGrinder

If i had a nickel for every thread there is whining, complaining, pissing, and moaning about Gears2, id have enough to buy me a snow cone everyday for the summer. Now...you have a problem with lag, glitchers, rank resets, overpowered weapons, spawncampers, standbyers, host bridgers, dlc costs, basically anything, you just come here and let us know about it! Dont need the forum getting too cluttered ;)

My 2 biggest problems are with the delay they put in between roadie run and shootin the shotty. When im rushing someone with the shotty i have to take the time (nearly a second) to stop and shoot, it wasnt like that in Gears1 so it does affect alot of high level players. Second, whenever i wall bounce, i get to the corner, i have to take another goddamn second out of my virtual life to move the camera angle proportional to the direction that i want to turn to, i cant just turn the corner if the camera angle is not in the proper direction, again affecting my gameplay skills a bit. Everything else, i can just leave out because its part of any MP games (lag, spawncampers, unbalanced weapons).

And of course no flaming, nothing wrong with bitching as long as its a clean discussion and who knows, maybe one day an Epic Mod/Dev will come in and read this so post constructive criticism if you want to be taken seriously!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest complaint are the people who complain. Play the game or find a new one.

Whoa dont get me wrong buddy, i love Gears2, just thought id address some personal issues i may have with this game. This is in no way bashing Gears2, i play it everyday- level 52 now. All the forums cluttered by "i hate this, i hate that bout gears" should go in here, there is always a new thread like it everyday as i stated in my first post.

And in saying that you're bitching. And in saying this I'm bitching! We've succeeded in creating a paradox... wait not a paradox... an infinite loop? I don't know anymore

But this thread was intended for bitching so everyone is following the rules ... but then im agreeing which isnt bitching , which means im going against what the thread is for and contradicting the comments within it - commonly known as bitching .....it is a loop

im confused =P

p.s gear kicks ass

Edited by Teh BeZ

I like the idea of this thread. Every game section should have one. There are a lot of threads complaining about something that someone didn't like about the game, why not keep em in one spot? Also, the OP isn't really complaining about others, as he himself admits he would like to complain in here. He just thought it would be cleaner to keep complaints organized. And probably should call it "complaints thread" instead of "bitching thread", sounds better to me.

I like the idea of this thread. Every game section should have one. There are a lot of threads complaining about something that someone didn't like about the game, why not keep em in one spot? Also, the OP isn't really complaining about others, as he himself admits he would like to complain in here. He just thought it would be cleaner to keep complaints organized. And probably should call it "complaints thread" instead of "bitching thread", sounds better to me.

Could work , a thread for 'how awsome it is' and a thread for 'how shit it is' and if you wanna bitch ,bitch. If you wank over then do it , but dont stray into each others thread.

It'll be like somewhere to channel your negative emotion about a game with other people that feel the same.

Do you think that people moan that they dont like paintings, like art Connoisseurs

-ZOMG the mona lisa is ugly ...agreed?

-ohhh geofry I completely concur.

Edited by Teh BeZ
idiot i am

I have 2 things with this game ..

You complain about not being able to rush, god I hate players like you!. Takes away all of the cover and stuff.

Second - the map Gridlock. Because there is some ass ho Always uses the Boomshot way to much!. What surprises me most that they are lvl 40 plus.

People who use nothing but shotgun. Even at long range. Seriously dude, shotgun is a close range weapon, its embarassing when you try and snipe with it

Ive downed several guys on host across maps (like Day One) with the shotty. I aint complaining, lol.

One thing that really gets on my nerves is when i go in lobby by myself lookin for a game and i get 2 or 3 star ranks on my team that cant play for shit and we're gettin our ass kicked by level 20's, 30's. I only hate glitchers if they end up on my team making me look bad. I have absolutely NO problem playing against them at all. :D

People who use nothing but shotgun. Even at long range. Seriously dude, shotgun is a close range weapon, its embarassing when you try and snipe with it

You can't blame people for using what the game gave them. If it works, why not use it? Just like the option to melee someone. It kicks ass, so do it! Odd though how it seems to be more effective than the shotgun...

My big gripe is people not dying when they should. When I shoot you point blank with my shotgun, you should die, not turn around and kill me. I'm so sick of legitimately shooting someone in the chest/back/head and then having them melee me down or saw me in half. The hit detection in this game is awful.

I'm also just tired of EPIC's general tendency to ignore all the important problems and "fix" bugs that no one knows about or cares about. Balance the weapons and such, don't add achievements to sell content.

Lastly, the smokes. Now, I liked when they knocked people over and I don't know why they took it out. Now they don't do anything. They are supposed to stun people, but if they are roadie running or are in cover they have NO effect. At least make the smoke come out for longer than 2 seconds so that they actually operate like a real smoke grenade (i.e. so you can run through them without being seen). Then they would serve a purpose.

You can't blame people for using what the game gave them. If it works, why not use it? Just like the option to melee someone. It kicks ass, so do it! Odd though how it seems to be more effective than the shotgun...

My big gripe is people not dying when they should. When I shoot you point blank with my shotgun, you should die, not turn around and kill me. I'm so sick of legitimately shooting someone in the chest/back/head and then having them melee me down or saw me in half. The hit detection in this game is awful.

I'm also just tired of EPIC's general tendency to ignore all the important problems and "fix" bugs that no one knows about or cares about. Balance the weapons and such, don't add achievements to sell content.

Lastly, the smokes. Now, I liked when they knocked people over and I don't know why they took it out. Now they don't do anything. They are supposed to stun people, but if they are roadie running or are in cover they have NO effect. At least make the smoke come out for longer than 2 seconds so that they actually operate like a real smoke grenade (i.e. so you can run through them without being seen). Then they would serve a purpose.

Amen to that !!

im comin to put my 2 cents in, dont care i jus want to get it off my chest! GEARS OF WAR 2 IS BROKE BEYOND ALL REPAIR!!!!!! im a legitimate

4 bar/level 67, been playin this garbage since day one,this title update 4 hasnt fixed shit, they took out the freakin meatsheild glitch (dont care about the extra points) smokes is stupid as shit, and i still dont understand why you cant counter a 2 piece, i know some of you gears head might say im a bitch, but i know for a fact you guys agree, ya i can go play somethin else, but dammit, im broke and MW2 wont be out for a few more months...

I've played the multiplayer on this game once....never again :p

I'd heard about the legendary lagginess of this game but I never thought it would happen to me, as I've got a good connection. I was wrong...I'd say that my bullets had a 50% chance of hitting the enemy when they were stood still directly in front of me. I thought the gameplay itself was pretty boring anyway, compared to other games.

Does anybody notice a little difference when you shoot the mortar? You stay on the ground reloading instead of being able to get up and walk, i find it a little annoying.

Yeah Ninja I noticed it today after I updated with TU4. It was not like that last night.