So I picked up DA: Origins today...

Fyrestarter00

So I picked up Dragon Age: Origins today....and well this is probably one of the most visually pleasing, in depth game I have ever played. I actually drooled in the opening scene....I think I'll actually play this game for sheer pleasure rather than achievement-ing then playing for fun....

I gotta say, the only good thing about the military is getting things like this earlier than everyone else :D

Edited by Fyrestarter00

So true, but I will have to say... if you post spoilers, I will hunt you down and :uzi:go chuck norris on you. (JK, btw)

Anyway, I'm tossing and turning on whether or not I want to pick up the game for PC as well as 360 (360 = definite) the problem is that I'd have to save everything to the second hard drive (first = full) and it seems like it runs slower for some odd reason if it is on the D: drive.

Anyway, does this game have achievements for the PC version or is it just from the Xbox 360?

It's just like Mass Effect was. There's in-game 'achivements', but on the PC they're not official LIVE achievement points so you won't get credit.

this is true. it would be nice if more pc games were live enabled like dawn of war 2.

off topic: do you think the expansion will have achs since DOW2 did?

So I picked up Dragon Age: Origins today....and well this is probably one of the most visually pleasing, in depth game I have ever played. I actually drooled in the opening scene....I think I'll actually play this game for sheer pleasure rather than achievement-ing then playing for fun....

I gotta say, the only good thing about the military is getting things like this earlier than everyone else :D

kinda funny, the game was just leaked onto the internet on the day you "went out and got the game"

kinda funny, the game was just leaked onto the internet on the day you "went out and got the game"

lol why are there SO many haters when it comes to people who mod or pirate? maybe he got a legit copy. and if he didnt he will probably get banned... and if he doesnt... who cares? it doesnt affect anyone except him.....

ok, so being in the military has NOTHING to do with getting games early. i am also in the military, and i havent been magically gifted with a copy of dragon age, or any game early for that matter. so explain, pray, exactly how the gods have privileged you so? or did you just pirate it like a jackass?

ok, so being in the military has NOTHING to do with getting games early. i am also in the military, and i havent been magically gifted with a copy of dragon age, or any game early for that matter. so explain, pray, exactly how the gods have privileged you so? or did you just pirate it like a jackass?

They probably get legal downloads for the game. I am guessing that the developers send them links to download it and then they play it. Or he just pirated it or he actually did get it early. Any how, thanks for being in the military, your county is proud of you.

thanks man, i really appreciate it. i know i sounded terribly sarcastic at that guy, but idk, it just sounds shady to me and that makes me sorta mad. one of my buddies works for bethesda softworks, so the idea of pirating upsets me, even when the pirating would have nothing to do with my friend. know what i mean?

sorry if i wasnt clear. but in the same way i dont care about him or what he does with his xbox, i dont care about the publisher or the developer or especially M$ themselves.

Better?

If you didn't care then why were you so quick to jump down my throat

Certain stores did break the street date, just so you know. ;)

guess you are not aware of what you post. You should pay better attention. Regardless, this is be my last reply to your frivolous posts and will be on my ignore list. You should try to get along with every. I have seen your previous posts and TBH, your very rude and it seems like your trying to pick fights.

Certain stores did break the street date, just so you know. ;)

well DUH!!!!!!!!! But to be honest there is to much of a coincidence that he posted he got the game the SAME day there was news that it was leaked on sites where you can download this game. I'll believe his when he posts a picture with his holding the disc in his hand with a sign in the other hand saying "see fragmaster, I am not full of shit" OR "see I didn't download this game"

Edited by FragMaster

guess you are not aware of what you post. You should pay better attention. Regardless, this is be my last reply to your frivolous posts and will be on my ignore list. You should try to get along with every. I have seen your previous posts and TBH, your very rude and it seems like your trying to pick fights.

well DUH!!!!!!!!! But to be honest there is to much of a coincidence that he posted he got the game the SAME day there was news that it was leaked on sites where you can download this game. I'll believe his when he posts a picture with his holding the disc in his hand with a sign in the other hand saying "see fragmaster, I am not full of shit" OR "see I didn't download this game"

Well, someone's touchy.

Do you guys (twilight now, fragmaster) even realize what your arguing about? I say who the hell cares. Fragmaster, twilight now was right, the game is being sold regardless of the street date, its unlikely that fyrestarter is the one leaking everything on the internet.

well duhhh I know is probably was not the one leaking onto the internet. But whats stopping him gtom DOWNLOADING it. Again, I will believe him when I see a picture with him holding the disc in one hand and a sign in the other saying "I didnt download my game"

it may depend on where he is stationed...

and i know occasionally our local base's PX/BX gets their games in slightly early, and then again there are times they don't get them for weeks

and yeah, from what others have said, and from what videos i have seen myself, this game isn't that great in the visuals department, not saying that is putting me off, just not so sure i believe it looks that great, although when i used the character build released by bioware, it did look a lot better than what i have seen in trailers and other videos