No Damage Boss Fight Stars

These are no joke. You have to get through the entire lengthy boss fight without taking any damage.

There are 5 boss fights in the game:

Evilized Glumshanks - Chapter 5: Jungle Rumple

Fire Viper - Chapter 9: Serpant's Peak

Mesmeralda - Chapter 13: Mesmeralda's Show

Khaos' Mom - Chapter 16: Motherly Mayhem

Super Evil Khaos - Chapter 17: Cloudbreak Core

Has anyone tried, and completed these stars? What skylander did you use? What kind of strategies?

So far I have found Terrafin to be the best for this. I am currently using series 3 Terrafin because I like his wow pow dive attack. Unfortunately damage does not seem to matter because all the boss fights are in stages anyway.

Here is what I have done:

Evilized Glumshanks: He is pretty easy. His tank's dash attack is telegraphed so you can dodge it with a fast skylander. The only problem would be when he drops down the minions. The Arkeyan Knuckledusters do a ranged attack so if you do not kill them quickly they have a chance of putting some damage on you.

Terrafin negates all of that because when he is under ground he is immune to damage. With the Sandhog path I can just swim around the enemies until they die. Using the Series 3 Wow Pow he jumps out of the ground for a melee attack and then dives right back in. He can take damage during the dive so you gotta time it right, but most things die super quick.

Fire Viper: This one is tricky because there are so many things that can damage you. You gotta avoid the green slime, the red circles, and the moving firebombs. It is better to activate the left crossbow first and then the right crossbow because the viper will fall to the right. To the left is some green slime which can be jumped over, but one misstep and you have to restart the boss fight. The really annoying part is the 4th stage where you get eaten and have to dodge fireblasts. I found if you move to the bottom of the screen you can avoid all of the fireblasts. You just have to look out for the crystals on the walls, they will damage you too.

Terrafin is immune to the green slime when underground and can avoid all of the other attacks. He stays underground for about 7 seconds so you gotta time when you come up for air so you do not run into a fireball or a firebomb. After getting through the falling section I would swim under the 3 fire gear golems and attack the crystal directly. There is a few seconds between the crystal blowing up and the level ending where the gear golems can blast you so go gotta make sure you are out of the way until the level ends.

I am currently stuck on Mesmeralda. I can get pretty far but Terrafin keeps popping out of the ground and inopportune times and I keep getting hit.

I was able to get past Mesmeralda.

I continued to use Terrafin to dodge the different waves of puppets, bombs an spinning blades. The toughest parts are the last 2 waves where you have to deal with 2 spinning blades and then 2 spinning blades with bombs. It is a lot of strategic swimming and knowing when to come up for air to reset the swim timer.

What I discovered is that when there are 2 blades on the stage and it is time to damage Mesmeralda the 2 blades will swing back and forth on either side of the stage. This allowed me to stand in the far back in the middle of the stage and shoot Mesmeralda with Terrafin's mini-sharks. I was using Sandhog again which is good because that lets the mini-sharks home in on Mesmeralda. It was not fast, but it worked.

I am currently stuck on Khaos's Mom. I almost had it before coming to post but I was robbed of the victory.

This fight comes down to gratuitous use of items. The more items you have the better. For this fight I used Series 2 Terrafin for the Wow Pow that lets him jump out of the ground and then dive back in for damage and to keep swimming. Series 2 can also shoot mini-sharks while underground. I continued to use the Sandhog tree so I can damage the enemies while underground.

The first wave of the fight starts with 1 Evilized Kangarat and 1 Evilized Boghog. I used the Pirate Swords to add some extra damage. I would swim around dodging the attacks and then doing the dive attack while they were stationary. After you beat those two enemies you are jumped by a series of Evilized Sugarbats. After defeating 4 Evilized Sugarbats you are attacked by another Evilized Boghog and Evilized Kangarat. I would use one of the level packs (any of them but Sheepwreck Island) to clear out the Sugarbats until it was just the Boghog and the Kangarat. Once you get rid of the last two enemies the wave ends and you get to deal with Khaos' Mom.

Wave two starts with 2 Evilized Screechers and an Evilized Chillydog. Terrafin is immune to the screecher's attack and the Chillydog's projectile while underground. Kill the Chillydog first and then the screechers. Once the Screechers go down two Evilized Snowrollers come out and a Life Spellpunk. I would drop Sparx the Dragonfly down to help me take out the Life Spellpunk. When you defeat the Spellpunk another Life Spellpunk spawns along with 2 more Evilized Screecher. Sparx will help you kill the Spellpunk again. Once Sparx is done I would switch to the Fiery Forge. When the Screechers and the Snowrollers hit a wall they stay still long enough for the Forge to drop on them and get in a good dive attack. Once all those enemies are defeated the wave ends.

The third wave starts with a series of Greebles thrown at you. Several standard Greebles and Greebles with the cannons that shoot straight drop down. At this point I would throw down another level and let it kill all of the ranged Greebles. After Bubba Greebs throws down all the enemies for the wave he will start throwing bombs. I would swim under the bombs where they can not hurt me until he drops the dynamite. Terrafin can throw dynamite while underground. I would use the dynamite to kill the rest of the melee Greebles before finally throwing it at Bubba Greebs. When Greebs gets dynamite to the face he jumps off screen, then lands in the middle of the area making an explosion you have to jump over, or swim under if you are Terrafin. I would switch to the Battle Hammer and lay into Bubba Greebs until he gives up.

The next wave is a series of spinning Greebles. These enemies are immune to damage while spinning. I would put down the Groove Machine which would cause them all to stop spinning and dance. I had to make sure they were all dancing before I could attack. I would then do the dive attack on them until they were all dead. It is not a 100% guarantee that they will stop dancing so you have to watch the ones not caught up with the music. Once they are all defeated Bubba Greebs will throw bombs and dynamite again. He repeats the same explosion attack, but Terrafin is not impressed by any of that.

The final wave is a WHOLE LOT of ranged Greebles. The ones that shoot straight and the ones that fire a series of 3 shots. I would throw down two more levels, one right after the other to clear all of them out. The level detonates where the character is so I had to make sure I was in the middle of the group I wanted gone. Bubba Greebs throws bombs and dynamite again to end the wave.

The last round of Khao's Mom is the trickiest. Her laser moves very fast so you have to make sure you stay under ground to avoid it. Nothing seems to help negate the damage so I gotta make sure I dodge it. After a new moments a cut scene kicks in that resets the laser and drops the mirror. You have to get behind the mirror to lead the laser into it to end the fight.

This is where I was robbed. I did everything right and took no damage the entire fight. I was behind the mirror safe and sound when I took damage from the laser a half second before the cut scene started to end the fight. I really hope that was just a glitch because I don't know where else to stand to lead the laser to the mirror. I'm so pissed.

Edit: Ignore this statement, it works for Score Attack, not Story.

Ghost Roaster is easily the best choice. As when he's in his invincibility mode, he may lose health, but it doesn't count against you for the star, because he's not taking damage from an enemy or hazard.

I got the star for Kaos's Mom on my first try. I used Flashwing and just spammed the hell out of her crystals. As when upgraded, the crystals will stick to the walls and shoot more beams, effectively placing you on the attacking side of a bullet hell shooter.

Edited by EmporerDragon

I got excited when you mentioned ghost roaster but it is not working for me. I even tried on glumshanks and mesmeralda where its easy to avoid attacks. With mesmeralds i held my poltergeist form the whole time. Only dropping it to attack her. At the end I don't get that third star.

When you used GR did you still try and avoid the enemies or did you let all their attacks go through you?

Edited by legendaryjman

Hrmm, it appears my memory was faulty and I did not have the star, so I apologize for the incorrect info. I think what happened was I used Ghost Roster for 3-staring the Score Attack levels as the Poltergeist damage doesn't affect your score multiplier.

However, on the bright side, I figured out who can clear Mesmerelda with ease: Spy Rise. There is one huge reason: his laser can destroy the clown bombs. Basically, I just kept him in the lower left corner, moving slightly to avoid the chorus lines. If any bombs showed up, one shot of the laser was sufficient to blow them up. The blades were a non issue as they could not reach in the corner. When it came time to turn on the lights and attack Mesmerelda, I just stood in the rear center and blasted her from afar.

Spy Rise for Mesmeralda is brilliant. He can also go right up into the air, though I haven't tested how long he stays up there. He might even be better then Terrafin. Terrafin's my boy though, I have come this far I am not going to give up on him now.

I finally got the star of Khaos' Mom. I already knew how to get through all of the waves, though it took many many tries. It took a while but I finally realized that going behind the mirror was the wrong thing to do. You are supposed to run UP the mirror so the laser she shoots reflects off it. Doing that won me the level and got me the star.

I am finally on the last boss fight: Super Evil Khaos. I actually think Khaos will be easier them Mesmeralda and his mother. I need to work out the kinks of each stage of the fight, and what items I want to use.

I did it. I finished Super Evil Kaos with no damage. There are two tricky parts but for the most part it is definitely easier then his mother.

The first stage is him stomping his feet. Very easy. The feet are super telegraphed. They stop on the ground and send out a shock wave. Terrafin can swim under it, though jumping over it is plenty easy. Once you destroy enough toenails Kaos yells at you and then stomps twice. Still easy to jump over.

The next stage is inside Kaos' mouth. You have to destroy 6 teeth. I recommend starting with the teeth on the farthest left and right because if you do not break the teeth fast enough Kaos will chomp and send out shockwaves. Its easier to jump the shockwaves if you are not in the corners.

After doing enough damage to the teeth Kaos will throw a Fire Geargolem and some chompies at you. While using the Sandhog tree Terrafin can swim through the chompies to kill them. I would wait for the geargolem to attack, swim behind him and hit him a couple of times. Repeat as necessary.

Kaos will close his mouth and send shockwaves from either side which are easy to dodge.

He will then have a Frost Geargolem attack you with chompies. The same technique as the Fire Geargolem will take care of him.

You deal with another shock wave and have to damage more teeth.

The third wave is a Tech Geargolem. Still easy to beat but the tech's rabbit fire shots are a little scary. In this wave as soon as you kill a set of chompies Kaos throws more. You can't just pummel the geargolem, you need to stick and move.

For the second to last time you have to jump over a shock wave and damage teeth.

The final wave is an Air Geargolem and another Tech Geargolem. This wave is tricky and I failed here many many times. Even with Terrafin it is tough to get the timing down with the air and the tech attacking me at the same time. To get past it I used Series 3 Terrafin with the Sandhog tree. I would start with dropping down a level and using his wow power to put some mini-sharks on the Air Geargolem. Once the level exploded I would attack the Tech Geargolem while trying to avoid the air until the tech was dead. Once one of the golems drop Kaos adds chompies to the mix. Dodging chompies and the air geargolem takes a bit of practice but with patience I was able to get the timing down and defeat them all.

The next stage is inside of Kaos' mind.

The first wave he sends at you is a mini glumshanks tank. This tank will kill itself, I just had to swim around until it drove off the platform.

The next wave is a bit tougher. He sends out about 5 Grumblebum Thrashers and 2 Boom Bosses. As soon as Kaos starts thinking about the Gumblebums I dropped down another level. The enemies spawn so quickily that I needed time to get underground. The Boom Bosses are on either side of the platform so I made sure to position myself near one of them so they would take full damage from the level. For the rest of the enemies it took a lot of dodging and strategic coming up for air to make sure I didn't get attacked. I would either use the wow power dive or just my fin to damage the enemies.

Once you defeat the wave you get to destroy some of Kaos' crystals. He will attack you with missiles, but they are telegraphed at your location so you just have to keep moving.

The third wave is 4 Arkeyan Rip-Roters and 2 Cyclops Gazemages. I dropped down the Groove Machine as soon as the first one appeared and then would go underground. I would stay underground until the whole platform started dancing and would pick them off with my wow pow. Get rid of the Arkeyans first because the Cyclopses are easy to dodge.

After the wave you will get to destroy 3 more crystals. Kaos will attack with a ship bombardment, but they are telegraphed on the ground and not at your location so easy to dodge.

The final wave is sheep. I do not believe the sheep can damage you, so its pretty much a victory lap.

The final set of crystals are guarded by bombs. I would swim under the bombs to set them off and then destroy the crystals.

The last stage of the Kaos fight is a mad dash to a cannon. As Terrafin I was immune to his fire attack while underground. I would run until he got ready to shoot the fire. Once the fire came out I would go underground until it passed over me and kept running. I was super paranoid of popping out of the ground at the wrong time so I made sure to stay on the flat ground not get greedy. Before each jump from one platform to the next I would wait for the fire, just in case.

Well there you go. A long drawn out, step by step explanation on how to defeat each boss battle with no damage using Terrafin.

You are welcome ;)

• 1 year later...

For Mesmeralda I did not have Spy Rise to try but I did use Trigger Happy who can also shoot the bombs before they get close. I stayed in the back left and there is a sweet spot where you can stay and shoot from and not get touched by the lasers or blades. Back left corner slightly up the West wall. Was pretty easy with him. On to Kaos' mom and Kaos for my last two level stars.