Free Weekly DLC FAQ

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to be able to fast track thru the game, then use NG+ on Death March doing everything possible.

Can't wait to see the specifics of this.

I wouldn't count on Death March being selectable on an NG+ playthrough. Some games restrict you from playing on higher difficulties on NG+. Wouldn't surprise me if CDPR did that.

Yep I know. Only reason I wanted is so I only have to play thu getting everything once. Cause you need it on Death March. But going thru it all getting everything twice kinda stinks.

I mean you don't have to do it that way. I'm still trying to figure out how I wanna approach it all.

On a potentially related note, this image is worth sharing:

http://i.imgur.com/sSFAK1v.png

Obviously from the PC version. I got it from another forum a few weeks back. But what you're seeing here might reflect what we're getting in NG+.

This is awesome and makes sense as well, so I definitely hope to see something like this! As you level up to 35 and beyond, you out-level your Witcher gear, so I figured they would have to do something to give you better gear for NG+ now. Looking forward to more scavenger hunts, indeed!! :dance:

I'm sooooooooooooooo happy for NG+!! :D

How Will New Game+ Work?

Enemies will be stronger, obviously.

What carries over?

Player experience (if you're below level 30 when finishing the vanilla game, you will be bumped to level 30 for the start of NG+), items (excluding: quest items, books & letters, Gwent cards, usable items, trophies), money and alchemy recipes.

When starting New Game Plus you can select any difficulty level.

You can obtain the Death Match achievement when playing the NG+ mode.

What's the starting level of the character when beginning NG+?

The same that you had when finishing the game, if above 30, otherwise you start at level 30. You also get a free Clearing Potion at the start so you can reset your skills and try a different build.

[Via]

And as a community member said:

I was about to post something about how it sucks that the Gwent cards don't carry over when I realized that collecting all cards for a third time again will be tons fun.

No sarcasm here, I genuinely think that the journey is the reward with Gwent. It's not so much fun anymore when you have all card and steamroll every Gwent opponent in the game.

----

More info…

http://i.imgur.com/OP2mQnm.png

Edited by BiggD

This is awesome and makes sense as well, so I definitely hope to see something like this! As you level up to 35 and beyond, you out-level your Witcher gear, so I figured they would have to do something to give you better gear for NG+ now. Looking forward to more scavenger hunts, indeed!! :dance:

I'm sooooooooooooooo happy for NG+!! :D

You and me both! Legendary Wolven gear here I come!

I hope the Death March achievement is a little bit easier on NG+, than starting a complete new game.

Same. I'm too garbage playing on Death March right from the start and it turned me off. Of course it's my garbageness. Drowners kill me 100% of the time. Hopefully this will help motivate me to play it more.

It should be, in theory. However, since enemies also scale up, it will still be a challenge. Just how much of a challenge compared to the vanilla game remains to be seen.

Since the base level for NG+ is 30, monsters will probably start at that level. It should be easier just because you can start higher than the base level. Then you have perks, potions, decoctions, etc. from the get-go. Easy peasy.

Just a quick update: I'll update the thread when the final DLC lands and I've had some time to play around with it a bit. Not expecting too much, but I wanna make sure any potential questions anyone might have about it will be addressed when I finalize the FAQ. That said, I'll read back through the thread for any questions already asked and look to address them. Any questions that anyone hasn't asked, but think they'd be relevant to the thread, post 'em here. Get it? Got it? Good.

On that note.

Has CDPR actually confirmed that you can upscale the difficulty to Death March from a lower difficulty on NG+? Because traditionally speaking, that usually has never been the way NG+ has worked.

Edited by ThePumpkinKing

P.S. Has CDPR actually confirmed that you can upscale the difficulty to Death March from a lower difficulty on NG+? Because traditionally speaking, that usually has never been the way NG+ has worked.

No. All they've said so far is that you can earn the Death March achievement on New Game+.

No. All they've said so far is that you can earn the Death March achievement on New Game+.

That's what I thought.

Odd. I mean, that'd imply that you could up the difficulty. But at the same time, it seems a little ambiguous, at best.

I've done some poking around on the subject. But life has been batshit crazy lately. So I haven't had a chance to dig too deep.

That's what I thought.

Odd. I mean, that'd imply that you could up the difficulty. But at the same time, it seems a little ambiguous, at best.

I've done some poking around on the subject. But life has been batshit crazy lately. So I haven't had a chance to dig too deep.

Yeah, it's kinda misleading and makes it seems that NG+ has options for difficulty, but I always thought it would just be auto-set to Death March!.

Yeah, it's kinda misleading and makes it seems that NG+ has options for difficulty, but I always thought it would just be auto-set to Death March!.

I'd be in heaven if they complimented the release of NG+ with an off-the-charts difficulty. And a new achievement to go along with it. My first run through the game was Death March. And I'm pretty disappointed that it wasn't anywhere near as difficult as I expected it would be.

I'd be in heaven if they complimented the release of NG+ with an off-the-charts difficulty. And a new achievement to go along with it. My first run through the game was Death March. And I'm pretty disappointed that it wasn't anywhere near as difficult as I expected it would be.

Oh, agreed. By Level 13 it became too easy to manage. I know developers can add achievements on the fly with free DLC and updates now on Xbox One (see Ryse, Sunset Overdrive, Halo, etc.), so in a perfect situation, we would see a meaty achievement for completing the game on NG+ when the mode/DLC drops. Doubt it'll happen, but I wish :/

http://imgur.com/IC3ztos

http://i.imgur.com/IC3ztos.jpg

Oh, make it so! :) Another skill tree to fill would be so nice, as I disliked having unlocked skills that I couldn't use at all because others were better and I had to choose one or the other. :rolleyes: :p

I'd be in heaven if they complimented the release of NG+ with an off-the-charts difficulty. And a new achievement to go along with it.
Agreed 110%. We honestly need a harder difficulty for NG+ because of how easy the game became towards the end. And an achievement for doing it too, now that would be perfect. :)

Oh, agreed. By Level 13 it became too easy to manage. I know developers can add achievements on the fly with free DLC and updates now on Xbox One (see Ryse, Sunset Overdrive, Halo, etc.), so in a perfect situation, we would see a meaty achievement for completing the game on NG+ when the mode/DLC drops. Doubt it'll happen, but I wish :/

I won't get my hopes up for it, but I really am secretly wishing for a new achievement or two that's tied to the NG+ mode. It would make it that much more rewarding to complete! (Fingers crossed!) :)

• 2 weeks later...