Can You Sign In As Invisible?

BuySomethingWillYa

Yes, I know that you can go to Preferences and make your status invisible, but sometimes I wanna log on without my friends knowing, so I'm not being hit up when I wanna do some solo gaming.

I wanna make it seem like I'm not trying to ignore them on purpose, yunno? lol. It's kinda obvious when someone logs on and then is immediately "offline".

Yes, I know that you can go to Preferences and make your status invisible, but sometimes I wanna log on without my friends knowing, so I'm not being hit up when I wanna do some solo gaming.

I wanna make it seem like I'm not trying to ignore them on purpose, yunno? lol. It's kinda obvious when someone logs on and then is immediately "offline".

Only way is to turn off auto sign in, then go to preferences and "appear offline". You will need to manually sign in each time, which is a hassle, but better than being pestered by your friends when you want to play solo.

I really wish they'd allow you to automatically sign in whilst appearing offline, but meh.

Only way is to turn off auto sign in, then go to preferences and "appear offline". You will need to manually sign in each time, which is a hassle, but better than being pestered by your friends when you want to play solo.

I really wish they'd allow you to automatically sign in whilst appearing offline, but meh.

Thanks. This method does work. The next Dashboard update should allow for an easier way for an "invisible" sign-in.

You listening to me, MS? :p

Thanks for the tip, man.

Or just be smart about it and unplug your ethernet cable if you plan On just playing solo...

Y'know, I actually won't even play my 360 unless it's connected to the internet. But then, I also never really find the need to go Invisible, I tend to just ignore messages if I don't want to deal with anyone. If it gets real bad, I'll just set myself to Invisible then, and it's not a problem anymore.

Or just be smart about it and unplug your ethernet cable if you plan On just playing solo...

what if it's with another online game for instance, person a wants to play gears of war 2, but friend a, b, c and d want him to play modern warfare 2. I can see the logic in logging in invisible, as wish the 360 would do without all that hassle.

Y'know, I actually won't even play my 360 unless it's connected to the internet. But then, I also never really find the need to go Invisible, I tend to just ignore messages if I don't want to deal with anyone. If it gets real bad, I'll just set myself to Invisible then, and it's not a problem anymore.

Same here. I like being connected and seeing my friends list. Also, earning achievements without the time stamp annoys me. >>

Thanks. This method does work. The next Dashboard update should allow for an easier way for an "invisible" sign-in.

You listening to me, MS? :p

Thanks for the tip, man.

Actually, there is a way of 'Appearing Offline' permanently, with the option of manually appearing online.

1 - Go to xbox.com and sign in as usual

2 - Select 'My Xbox'

3 - Select 'Privacy Settings'

4 - You will now see several options. Go to 'Online Status' and select 'Blocked'

5 - Save changes

Now whenever you sign into XBOX live your online status will be 'Offline' and if you want to appear online, you can just change it manually :p

• 1 year later...

This.

Of course, most of my friends are the type to get the hint. If I ignore a request from you, it means I'm busy. That, or I didn't see it - in which case I usually apologize later :p

But if I have a guy on my friends list who sends me more than one invite in a 5 minute period, well, he won't be on my friend's list for long.

Does this actually work? o.O;

I just tried it and when I go over to profile status it says 'online' and not 'appear offline'

I -think- it only applies to people not on your friend's list....of course, you could always get a LIVE buddy to help you test it out.

Get better friends

This...for the WIN!!

I -think- it only applies to people not on your friend's list....of course, you could always get a LIVE buddy to help you test it out.

when you sign in on stealth mode (appear offline) know one sees you log on. It says you are offline...but shows what you are playing as "last played" I catch my buddy doing this all the time. i msg him and he'll say he's hiding from someone else.

Edited by Carmona

This...for the WIN!!

when you sign in on stealth mode (appear offline) know one sees you log on. It says you are offline...but shows what you are playing as "last played" I catch my buddy doing this all the time. i msg him and he'll say he's hiding from someone else.

Obviously did not read the quote in the original post I quoted. :p

They were asking if setting your online status under privacy settings to "blocked" will keep people from seeing you as online.