Dragonball/Z/GT

jsbill

In the buu saga wasn't gohan strong enough to kill super buu. It's been so long I can't remember but I remember every time someone had a chance to kill buu they would toy around with him. Also ultimate gohan comes in with an awesome entrance like "fight you I'm going to kill you" and then he struggles for like 30 something episodes. Dbz logic. Does anyone like how long they drag out the fights too?

To be honest, I think they should have ended the series at the end of the cell saga.

I didn't really like the buu saga too much, it was pretty pointless. After the cell saga, nobody ever stood a chance of ever becoming as strong as Goku or Vegeta, it would have been pointless for anyone to even attempt to try.

Gohan became far too nerdy, what happened to the little kid that would kick ass when he gets angry.

Don't get me started on GT, I refuse to accept GT as a sequel to this very day. I honestly don't know what Akira Toriyama was thinking when he put that in to production and then had the nerve to say it should be considered the ending to the whole story. GT was all about Goku, nobody could compare to his strength, even Vegeta couldn't keep up anymore.

Vegeta became far too friendly, he needed to be as ruthless as he was in the Saiyan/Frieza sagas.

If Akira Toriyama decides to make an actual series in between Z and GT, then I would consider watching it, but as far as I know, the only thing now is the Movie next year that takes place within the 10 years directly after the buu saga.

DB Kai stops at the Cell saga. Drops the filler as well.

Goku, you have 5 minutes before the planet blows up. *279 24 minute episodes later* Goku, you have 1 minute left to escape.

Yeah, talk about a shitty concept of time. Though again, Kai is a little better in this regard too. (But not perfect).

In the buu saga wasn't gohan strong enough to kill super buu. It's been so long I can't remember but I remember every time someone had a chance to kill buu they would toy around with him. Also ultimate gohan comes in with an awesome entrance like "fight you I'm going to kill you" and then he struggles for like 30 something episodes. Dbz logic. Does anyone like how long they drag out the fights too?

He didn't struggle against Super Buu. He was stomping him. But the show had Buu absorb Gotenks and Piccolo, becoming stronger than Gohan. Then absorbing Gohan when Gotenks fusion timed out. Also on this note, just in case the anime mislead anyone, Gohan Buu is FAR stronger than Kid Buu. Hell, Ultimate Gohan himself is stronger than Kid Buu.

Edited by hydrosugar

Already announced this on the anime thread but I'll do it here as well:

Dragon Ball Z will be releasing the 14th movie in 2013 titled: DBZ Battle of the gods. It will be a theater release (which is rare for dragon ball z).

http://fanboygaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/KZhEc-373x500.jpg

wont be released in the cinema over here ...

also im presuming this is set at the end of DBZ but during the run up to DBGT.

i've been buying each series when i can.

they've been releasing them season by season over the past like 2-3 months only released up to season 5... i hope they hurry up with all the rest!

this is in the uk, where the entire series on DVD was the only option ... which can range from £300 too £1000....

They've all been released here for at least a couple years now. And Australia is the middle of fucking nowhere, we're not usually ahead of the times in anything. I think I have most of them. (Bought them out of order though).

They've all been released here for at least a couple years now. And Australia is the middle of fucking nowhere, we're not usually ahead of the times in anything. I think I have most of them. (Bought them out of order though).

well one of the major problems we have in the UK is that aparently certain laws stop certain companies publishing for our country.. No idea why??

So we have a region 2 version now of each series which they have been releasing every like 2 weeks.. Except season 9 won't be available until January...

like I said we did have the complete set, but because they where released on a certain number basis in the UK they can range from £300 -£1000 ... Which is crazy.

well one of the major problems we have in the UK is that aparently certain laws stop certain companies publishing for our country.. No idea why??

So we have a region 2 version now of each series which they have been releasing every like 2 weeks.. Except season 9 won't be available until January...

like I said we did have the complete set, but because they where released on a certain number basis in the UK they can range from £300 -£1000 ... Which is crazy.

Whaaaat? Which sites sell for that price? :confused:

I must have purchased at least near to 30 separate DVDs of the show over the last 10 years. The good thing about the Funimation versions is that they were always region 1, 2 and 4 so they worked on UK DVD players.

I don't know if I would be willing to spend money and get into the series once again. Although I wouldn't say no to buying a box set of the original DB by any means.

The box sets on Amazon go for around £25. Unless you're talking about a completely different set of DVDs all together.

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dragon-Ball-Season-Sean-Schemmel/dp/B007R39RJ8/ref=pd_sim_d_h__3]Dragon Ball Z Season 4 [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Sean Schemmel, Christoper R. Sabat, Stephanie Nadolny, Daisuke Nishio: Film & TV[/ame]

Whaaaat? Which sites sell for that price? :confused:

I must have purchased at least near to 30 separate DVDs of the show over the last 10 years. The good thing about the Funimation versions is that they were always region 1, 2 and 4 so they worked on UK DVD players.

I don't know if I would be willing to spend money and get into the series once again. Although I wouldn't say no to buying a box set of the original DB by any means.

The box sets on Amazon go for around £25. Unless you're talking about a completely different set of DVDs all together.

Dragon Ball Z Season 4 [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Sean Schemmel, Christoper R. Sabat, Stephanie Nadolny, Daisuke Nishio: Film & TV

It would appear I got my thoughts crossed with the book volumes...

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dragon-Ball-Comp-Box-Set/dp/1421526158/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1354568153&sr=8-10]Dragon Ball Z Comp Box Set 26v: Amazon.co.uk: Akira Toriyama: Books[/ame]

But I do know that there was another type of release for DBZ over here.

Hence why it seems like we are just getting a region 2 version now.

Actually season 9 isn't due until and I quote

This title will be released on September 16, 2013.

Pre-order now.

Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk. Gift-wrap available.

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dragonball-Z-Season-9-DVD/dp/B007R39RHU/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1354568217&sr=8-21]Dragonball Z Season 9 [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV[/ame]

We kind of got screwed :(

Agh it gets worse! Season 5 isn't out until January! I'm stuck on 4 haha

(I've seen the whole series before but I mean collection wise, I prefer to keep them all the same)

Edited by Akuza

• 2 weeks later...
Already announced this on the anime thread but I'll do it here as well:

Dragon Ball Z will be releasing the 14th movie in 2013 titled: DBZ Battle of the gods. It will be a theater release (which is rare for dragon ball z).

http://fanboygaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/KZhEc-373x500.jpg

Got a trailer for this film :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLK0q6kwNjQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Teaser Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

I think i will be disappointed by this upcoming movie...

DBZ has been a part of my life since i understood human language and now i'm an "adult" (or i believe i am lol), so i don't think i want to see Goku fighting against a ridiculous cat like that after the whole Dragon Ball Z serie...

Seriously i hope i'm wrong and that this movie will be great. But i have doubts about it.

You guys think you are late, come live in Brazil... Our laws pretty much lags any releases due to age restriction, copyrights etc. Choose the bureaucracy that fits you best. And with all of this, piracy is still one of the strongest problems around here, even though I've seen the official release on some local retail stores recently.

I don't remember much of the first Dragon Ball, I have more memories of the DBZ and liked very much the Frieza and Cell sagas. The GT saga I only liked the opening Portuguese song LOL it kinda was really emotional of sorts haha

Well it looks as if Pinky the the cat ain't gonna be no scrub.

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2012/12/dragon-ball-z-battle-of-gods-scan-5-asks-5-questions/

http://i45.tinypic.com/9h05s2.jpg

Question 1: A character clashing with Goku!! Who on Earth could he be…?!

A fighter battling Goku with composure!! This creature, trying to keep something a secret, is the god of governs destruction, Bils!!!

Question 2: When is the setting of the story?

A few years after the battle with Majin Buu. A few years before the final episode of Dragon Ball Z.

Question 3: In the middle of a battle, but still they are holding…?!

Everybody is holding a toasting glass in their hands?! Is it some kind of party…?!

Question 4: Bils has an accomplice?

An attendant who is always by Bils’ side!! Could this character named Wiss be a god like Bils…?!

Question 5: Bils is unbelievably Strong?!

We’ll say this just to be clear. Bils is most definitely the strongest being in the history of Dragon Ball Z!!!

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/21473698/images/1352329875509.jpg

• 2 weeks later...