How the hell do you beat RAAM on Hardcore?

DarkReign2021

I've owned this train wreck of a game for 4 years now and finally mustered up enough motivation to drag myself through the Campaign to get whatever achievements I could nab. I've managed to get up to the final boss on Hardcore, but there's not a chance in hell I'm going to beat him. Between the cheap ass krull, the dumb-ass Dominic, and the crappy grenade mechanics, I can't even pop my head out for a second without getting slaughtered. It's like I'm fighting Tartarus in that crappy Halo 2 boss fight again, except with bad gameplay and even cheaper advantages for the enemy.

I've been reading around and I've seen strategies for the Longbow/Sniper combo and the Lancer/Longbow combo with the glitched block, but neither of them works. With the Sniper/Longbow combo every time he gets remotely close I get torn to pieces when I try to run to the other end. With the Lancer/Longbow combo, the 10% of the time where he actually gets stuck he either shoots and kills me over the block or I run out of Longbow ammo and Grenades, than get killed whether I wait or run.

Any other suggestions or cheap tricks to put this dog down? People brag about beating it easily on Insanity, so surely there's something I'm missing here.

The "glitched block" only works in PC.

I have tried many times on Xbox360 and it didn't work at all.

If you are playing on console try getting a friend get the Longbow+torquebow combo.

Shoot with the torquebow then your friend give RAAM a headshot with the longbow (you can't damage him until he is surrounded with the "swarm").

In my opinion Hardcore is harder than Insane (i have died a lot on Hardcore, Insane was easier for me)

I have gotten him stuck on the block a few times before, so it does occasionally work on the 360 version (I've also gotten him stuck somehow on one the back blocks on the left side when I stayed at the starting point. Unfortunately when he launched the krull to attack they would glitch and never leave, so that didn't do me much good either.

I would do co-op, but I don't have any friends that play the game. If I had that option, I would've just done that to begin with so I could get all of those achievements as well.

• 2 months later...

Tricky to go into it with the Torque Bow and Longshot Rifle, but honestly that is the best way to do it. Just make sure that you get active reloads and headshots. Also don't throw your grenades, but tag him with them when you run from end to end. He will go down pretty well once you get into the rhythm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't consider myself a hardcore gamer by any stretch, but with a Longshot, Lancer and a lot of patience, managed to do the deed. A lot of it has to do with luck, if he gets stuck behind a block. When I did it it I was ducked behind the block closest to the doors you enter from.

Torque and Lancer - Player 1

Longshot and Lancer - Player 2

This fight is IMPOSSIBLE alone. I tried it for a full day, and could never beat him, and then I get a co-op partner and beat him on my first try. If you can also make it to the troika in the back, it makes things go faster. Just be wary of Kryll when they come from the sky.

i Just beat him by my self yesterday.

If you beat the game, just go to load a checkpoint pick the last one in act 5.

Pick up the Bow and Sniper, plus grenades and ammo.

Tell dom to regroup and hold fire.

Use the bow one shot takes at his shield. You have enough time to get in 3 head shots. Do the same thing over.

If dom goes down forget about him.

When he gets close blind fire all 4 grenades it takes out is shield and stuns him. Then run like hell to the other side.

I beat him in 30-60 minutes. 5-6 deaths.

Side note. I loaded act 3 last checkpoint to get the corpser. found out wrong level. It took me 1-2 hours and 12 deaths. Stupid theron guards

Just go co-op and make sure your friend is on casual. He can run to the machine gun at the fronT of the train and just kill him quick. You make sure to hide and shot the bow and longshot while your friend runs. It took me a couple of tries...

I beat the game on insane difficulty by myself, so this is definitely possible to do solo. I used the Torque Bow/Longshot combo and traded out the longshot for a lancer when I ran out of ammo. I never moved from the first little piece of cover, just kept hopping back and forth when he came up to it. Grenades/lancer is what I used when he got right next to me. Blindfiring the lancer when he is that close insures that all of your bullets hit anyways.

Respect to you guys, old gamer who still can't beat RAAM on EASY mode. read the advice, even saw the video help and still can't kill the big guy.

After hours & months of failing went and tried HARDCORE from beginning and got through 1st chapter. So this fed up gamer can't be that bad. GOW2 finished no problem.

I just beat him on Hardcore like 10 minutes ago lol. I used the Torque Bow and Longshot and I spammed him with the Bow and Longshot and I ran out of Bow ammo and he was getting really close so I started blind firing all 4 of my grenades at him and right when the last one exploded it showed the cutscene of him dying :D

I've owned this train wreck of a game for 4 years now and finally mustered up enough motivation to drag myself through the Campaign to get whatever achievements I could nab. I've managed to get up to the final boss on Hardcore, but there's not a chance in hell I'm going to beat him. Between the cheap ass krull, the dumb-ass Dominic, and the crappy grenade mechanics, I can't even pop my head out for a second without getting slaughtered. It's like I'm fighting Tartarus in that crappy Halo 2 boss fight again, except with bad gameplay and even cheaper advantages for the enemy.

I've been reading around and I've seen strategies for the Longbow/Sniper combo and the Lancer/Longbow combo with the glitched block, but neither of them works. With the Sniper/Longbow combo every time he gets remotely close I get torn to pieces when I try to run to the other end. With the Lancer/Longbow combo, the 10% of the time where he actually gets stuck he either shoots and kills me over the block or I run out of Longbow ammo and Grenades, than get killed whether I wait or run.

Any other suggestions or cheap tricks to put this dog down? People brag about beating it easily on Insanity, so surely there's something I'm missing here.

what you heard about people being able to beat the game easily on Insanity is true, for no known reason, Hardcore is the most difficult boss fight. i personally went with the Lancer/Longshot combo. taking only head shots. also if you wait in the car long enough more ammo appears so you can go into the fight with as much firepower as possible. GOOD LUCK!

I did it with a friend on insane at today. One guy held Torque Bow, and the other held Sniper, and stayed at the farthest block. After a few tries, we killed him!

Just make sure load with a perfect shot and always help each other.

Edited by Dunbine