Are the achievements glitched???

porkchop547

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not gonna lie, I'd like to purchase this DLC. But I will NOT do it as long as it is glitched. If EA is incapable of delivering a working product then they will not be getting my money.

I'd like to say that I'm surprised by this but I'm not really. This is typical EA and further re-enforces my belief that they are the worst publisher out there.

Now they say the POST is a mistake? "Not fixing the issue" is a mistake? Ok, you gotta love PRs, you never know what they really want to say.

You can't blame blame them for you doing their job. It's the job that sucks. I couldn't spend my days lying to people and changing my opinons every 2 seconds just because my hierarchy told me to clean up their stinky mess.

Hey all. I was brought over from the dark side by JeanRob to post or egg on EA to fix their mess (seeing as both us PS3 guys and you xboxers have SAME glitch). Wanted you all to know that I can vouch for myself as personally talking, posting and E-Mailing EA about and have basically gotten the same shitty backwards answers you all have gotten. GRRRRRR.... Well, it seems from some of the posts that maybe EA might fix this sometime.

And yes, we do have a fix/workaround, but I'm NOT doing it. On the PS3, if you delete game data and ALL saved data, then restart game and get to first checkpoint and quit, AND THEN play DLC, all trophies will pop. But I've got too much time invested in this game to delete my saved games.

Stay strong and stay united on our war against lazy DLC quality assurance.

PS3 and XBOX 360 vs. D-Bag EA!!

Take care everybody.

kakihara301

And yes, we do have a fix/workaround, but I'm NOT doing it. On the PS3, if you delete game data and ALL saved data, then restart game and get to first checkpoint and quit, AND THEN play DLC, all trophies will pop. But I've got too much time invested in this game to delete my saved games.

Interesting, but I won't be doing it either.

Especially since it would unlock all the achievements and most of us would like to earn them properly.

Thanks for sharing.:)

Interesting, but I won't be doing it either.

Especially since it would unlock all the achievements and most of us would like to earn them properly.

Thanks for sharing.:)

Sorry if my explanation was written to mislead you, but, you still have to earn all the DLC achievements. Ya know, you have to beat the chapters, find a mask, help Dr. Wu, etc. So you still have to earn them. And I do not know if it works on the 360. I can only say it definitely works on PS3. If someone tries it, let us all know one way or another. Once again, thanks all and take care.

kakihara301

Can you be more precise about Game Data and save data ?

If I erase all my game save from hard drive and clear my cache, would It be enough ?

I'm asking because I've had all my stats erased from EA servers : no more kills, weapons etc. So I won't lose much if I erase my saved data. If I've got more explanations about what I should erase, I'll try this method.

You still have to earn all the DLC achievements.

It's looks better like this, but I don't want to tempt the devil.

find a mask

Could you detail a bit more please? Because it's quite an issue on the 360. Once we've collected the masks, they do not appear on a 2nd playthrough. Are you saying it does on the PS3 if we follow your method?

EDIT: Thanks Acheru for trying ;)

Edited by JeanRob

I tried erasing my AoT:40th Day data and clearing the caché. I also erased and re-downloaded the DLC. Then I started a new campaign and after the 1st save, I exited to the main menu and loaded the DLC. Played trough it and had no achievements.

Oh, and somehow I still had the new masks and the storage boxes only gave me money.

Maybe they are referring to erasing ALL your saves from every game? Please, let us know...

Edited by Acheru
Added more info

I can assure you that the game stats are stored in your GamerTag, or at least linked to your GT, so deleting gamesaves only removes your game progress info, but not your stats info. Once you start a new game after deleting your saves, all your guns and money are kept intact. That's why the PS3 workaround doesn't fit the X360 side.

I think some of us (including myself) have proven the above theory.

My guess is that PS3's save systems are totally a different story, which is quite obvious.

I can assure you that the game stats are stored in your GamerTag, or at least linked to your GT, so deleting gamesaves only removes your game progress info, but not your stats info. Once you start a new game after deleting your saves, all your guns and money are kept intact. That's why the PS3 workaround doesn't fit the X360 side.

I think some of us (including myself) have proven the above theory.

My guess is that PS3's save systems are totally a different story, which is quite obvious.

I can confirm that this is correct also. I deleted EVERYTHING from my xbox and then recovered my gamertag and all stats where still there. I even recovered it on a friend's xbox, all stats still there. I don't see how any work around will work, just a patch.

Hey guys. Just catching up on all your posts. That sucks that our workaround doesn't work on the 360. Like someone said, your save and game data must work differently than on a PS3. Thanks to acheru for giving it a try to at least let you guys know that it is a fail.

@JeanRob - If you hear ANY news, could you pop over to our site and give us some news - good, bad or indifferent. We'll keep our ears to the ground and I'll pop over here if we get any CREDIBLE info. In the meantime, let us ALL keep pestering (politely) EA to get off their sorry asses and fix this mess. We all spent 10 bucks or 800 MS points and we ALL deserve a fully functional DLC for such a badass game. Take care XBOXERS!!!

Sincerely

your brother from another mother (PS3)

kakihara301

I didn't expect to loop back to what I am reading again so soon, but alas here we are. I know a couple of pages ago we already discussed that even the virgin sacrifices didn't appease the achievement lord...but I suppose since we are playing the reiterating game, I'll throw in my two bits.

Things to Note:

1) All of your statistics are stored on your Gamer Tag on the Xbox 360 version. This includes, but not limited to money, guns, kills, even how man times you slapped your partners arse. Ok maybe I lied about that last one, but you do slap your partners arse at the right angle.

2)Games Saves on the Xbox 360 only store game progression, as in where you are level wise, as in where your current checkpoint is within the game, as in how far you are before you beat the game...I don't know how else to explain it. Deleting these saves merely mean that you have to begin the game again.

What doesn't work:

1) Deleting your saves won't get your DLC achievements.

2) Clearing your cache will not get you your DLC achievements.

3) Deleting/Re-Downloading the DLC shall not earn you your DLC achievements.

4)Recovering your GT does nothing towards your DLC achievements.

5)Playing offline...does not....

6)Doing all the above at once...

7)Changing the Difficulty

8)....Contacting EA

What we know:

As of now, with no thanks to anyone from EA, through many testimonies, trial and error, and many thanks to the many dedicated members on our site, have seemed to isolate the error.

There seems to be a direct correlation between how many MP achievements you have and how many DLC achievements can be earned.

Apparently if the DLC is the first thing you play, as in as soon as you reach the first checkpoint in the game and quit out to start the DLC, you can earn all achievements normally with minimal error.

Read back a few pages for further details...

What works:

Cheers

You may not believe me guys, but one of my friends got ALL DLC achievements in time when he already have half off all on-line achievements from original game. Before DLC was released i personally help him to get all weapons on-line achievements and couple related to partnership, then he and another his friend start to play co-op (he lost all kills count after patch), after they finish with retail co-op he buy DLC and get All achievements from DLC. I 100% sure that he not glitcher but i don't understand how he get ALL DLC achievements in time when he allready have half of on-line achievements. His gamercard: Dimas Roker ru.

Edited by Philosopher

every now and again or every couple ofdasy i will throw the disc into my xbox praying to the achievement gods that an update will take place andwe can all sing and dance...still nothing. we can bitch as muchas we want about it and you can try as many diffrent methods to attempt to get these achievements but lets face it...unless EA get off their fat corporate fat cat asses then it isn't goping to happen.

we now have confirmation that EA are working on it finally thanks to eurogamer and sentuamessage...but how long untill said patch happens will just have to wait and see. It was about what 2 or 3 months beforethey patched the 2 special weapons glitch.

You may not believe me gays, but one of my friends got ALL DLC achievements in time when he already have half off all on-line achievements from original game. Before DLC was released i personally help him to get all weapons on-line achievements and couple related to partnership, then he and another his friend start to play co-op (he lost all kills count after patch), after they finish with retail co-op he buy DLC and get All achievements from DLC. I 100% sure that he not glitcher but i don't understand how he get ALL DLC achievements in time when he allready have half of on-line achievements. His gamercard: Dimas Roker ru.

Yeah I've heard of similar things. The common point is they somehow lost all their stats, and then were able to get all DLC achievements. This has happened to at least two players as I have read about their stories. However, I don't think anyone knows why.

BTW, Philosopher, by saying "gays" do you mean "guys"? They are not synonyms, are they?

BTW, Philosopher, by saying "gays" do you mean "guys"? They are not synonyms, are they?

He might not speak english as his first language. I'd go for russian IMHO, given his pal's gamertag.

Anyway, this possibility of unlocking the achievements "thanks" to having one's stats erased doesn't work for everybody. Take Shenron for example, he got all his stats wiped and is still unable to unlock the achievements.

Or is it because he is French and quits everytime an enemy shoot at him?:p