Anthony Burch: "Looking to balance The Bee"

Bahroo3

**Update**

Randy Pitchford

Bee shield is so getting nerfed.

It's now official. It will be nerfed.

Looks like we might be getting some balance changes and "The Bee" is first on their list.

http://de.twitch.tv/destructoid/b/334353557

Skip to 1:24:10

You can't tell me this isn't overpowered.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX2DpulLhtU&feature=plcp]Borderlands 2 Terramorphous Killing in Terramorpohus in half a second - Why the Bee should be nerfed - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Bahroo3

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any changes like that [unless as someone posted here] said their math was wrong it shouldn't be changed.

What do you mean?

I think the Bee is actually fairly well balanced, except for one flaw. They should have it spread the damage bonus among all shotgun pellets instead of giving the full bonus to every single one. Also maybe make it harder to get, but that wouldn't change anything with the community duping hundreds of Bees a day...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It pisses me off when developers try to 'fix' things in a fucking singleplayer/co-op game. It's really fine the way it is. To tell you the truth, if they didn't want something this overpowered, they should have made it right to begin with. Surely they knew it would be that powerful being an amp shield with no drain.

Damn you Gearbox.

EDIT: Also the community is nothing but a bunch of whiny bitches who get butthurt when something is too easy to use for the 'noobs.' FFS not everyone is amazing without certain advantages. Why can't they be cool and leave the shield the way it is the way Bethesda left in the book glitch in Skyrim. IT HURTS NOTHING.

Edited by Nevander

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It pisses me off when developers try to 'fix' things in a fucking singleplayer/co-op game. It's really fine the way it is. To tell you the truth, if they didn't want something this overpowered, they should have made it right to begin with. Surely they knew it would be that powerful being an amp shield with no drain.

Damn you Gearbox.

The idea of it is fine but in practice it needs to be patched or all future DLC bosses will end up like Terra.

Good job bahroo. You're 3 second terramorphous vids is the reason for this. You totally made a laughing stock :eek: of terra's difficulty which caused gearbox to re-evaluate the equipment in this game.......seriously bro this is totally you're fault.

Boss should be hard. Also I am not the only person who did it and I will be laughing my ass off when they patch it and "Terra is too hard" threads start popping up.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Damn you Gearbox.

This. If they didn't want it this way they shouldn't have made it that way. Unless what I said in my first post.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Damn you Gearbox.

They just didn't realize the damage bonus is applied to every shotgun pellet. I think it's ridiculous to expect them to not fix something that's broken. They worked on making Terramorphous a challenging 'raid' boss that takes teamwork to kill. Not one shield that's easy to get, a shotgun, and 5 seconds of your time. Why would they just allow everyone to circumvent something they worked so hard on?

They just need to make future bosses scale to current Bee shield.

This would kill any sort of diversity in builds on how to take down bosses.

*Numbers used are an example*

If Terra has 15m health and ends up getting 1 - shot with the bee then making Future Terra (when level cap is raised) to have 240m health to compensate for the Bee is not the correct way to go about this. This would just end up making the Bee mandatory just to hurt bosses.

Boss should be hard. Also I am not the only person who did it and I will be laughing my ass off when they patch it and "Terra is too hard" threads start popping up.

You're absolutely right. Bosses should be hard. That's the point of boss fights in the 1st place but bro u annihilated that thresher. Made it look like childs play in mere seconds. Im guessing once this goes into effect the bee shield will not be such a high priority on every1's must have list.

You'll be laughing? Will it still be funny when you can't farm his as well as you could? I think not.

Good thing I killed him while he was easy to kill.

There's really not much you can do to 'fix' the Bee. IT'S A LEGENDARY UNIQUE DROP for fucks sakes, it's supposed to be amazing. Jeez that's the whole point of it. Now Gearbox is trying to 'change' what makes it amazing and turn it into a piece of shit, making other shields much better.

Might as well get used to not using the Bee because you know they're going to nerf the piss out of it.

/rant

EDIT: FYI this is why I hate games like this. literally the ONLY reason because devs find things to nerf that they shouldn't

Well I'm looking at it this way:

Everyone is using or trying to get The Bee right now. What diversity in builds is there? Maybe if it gets nerfed there might be.

Why would you want to hurt yourself by not giving yourself the extra damage? It's [arguably] the best shield right now so every build should focus around it.

IT'S A LEGENDARY UNIQUE DROP for fucks sakes, it's supposed to be amazing.

There are dozens of legendaries in the game, and as far as I know the Bee is seriously ten times better than anything else, if you use it 'right'. The Leech grenade mod is a legendary unique drop, that's much harder to get. That thing is garbage. You just want to keep your easy mode.

You'll be laughing? Will it still be funny when you can't farm his as well as you could? I think not.

Good thing I killed him while he was easy to kill.

There's really not much you can do to 'fix' the Bee. IT'S A LEGENDARY UNIQUE DROP for fucks sakes, it's supposed to be amazing. Jeez that's the whole point of it. Now Gearbox is trying to 'change' what makes it amazing and turn it into a piece of shit, making other shields much better.

Might as well get used to not using the Bee because you know they're going to nerf the piss out of it.

/rant

EDIT: FYI this is why I hate games like this. literally the ONLY reason because devs find things to nerf that they shouldn't

You just seem made you won't be able to just faceroll bosses. This boss was meant to be hard and push you to the limit. He doesn't. So they are going to change it so he does. Simple.

Balance still matters in co-op (ME3 is a great example).

There are dozens of legendaries in the game, and as far as I know the Bee is seriously ten times better than anything else, if you use it 'right'. The Leech grenade mod is a legendary unique drop, that's much harder to get. That thing is garbage. You just want to keep your easy mode.

Adding to this and highlighting never's complaints.

Most legendaries are just meant for be for fun and not end all best-in-slot gear.

Edited by Bahroo3

one the one hand it'll make the game more challenging and played the way it's supposed to

So are you saying the way the Bee is now isn't legit? It's not the way it was originally intended? Don't feed that kind of trash because obviously the developers knew what it was capable of. Don't see how using an OP shield suddenly becomes an unintended form of play when it was in the game at release. :confused:

So are you saying the way the Bee is now isn't legit? It's not the way it was originally intended? Don't feed that kind of trash because obviously the developers knew what it was capable of. Don't see how using an OP shield suddenly becomes an unintended form of play when it was in the game at release. :confused:

I don't think they intended shotguns to be able to shoot over 1M damage each shot, that is ridiculously overpowered. I think The Bee was a simple oversight and the fact that anybody can now make Terra their bitch in a couple seconds makes him a laughing stock and they don't want to see their first Raid Boss of the game like that.

You are supposed to have skill to fight these kinds of bosses, not a OP'd shield.

I don't think they intended shotguns to be able to shoot over 1M damage each shot, that is ridiculously overpowered. I think The Bee was a simple oversight and the fact that anybody can now make Terra their bitch in a couple seconds makes him a laughing stock and they don't want to see their first Raid Boss of the game like that.

You are supposed to have skill to fight these kinds of bosses, not a OP'd shield.

Well even the Warrior was a joke to kill for even me without the Bee. Shouldn't all bosses be hard by that logic? Sounds like they need to do a lot more balancing then...

And skill? LOL skill in a game with random loot and stats... the only skill is using your ability and knowing how to aim...

So are you saying the way the Bee is now isn't legit? It's not the way it was originally intended?

They just didn't realize the damage bonus is applied to every shotgun pellet.

The devs are only human. It makes sense that someone, out of millions of players, would find an exploit that even a few hundred people wouldn't catch. I promise you that the developers didn't intend for it to be used the way it is. How are you so convinced that they planned to reward you for killing some random named enemy a few times, with the ability to kill the hardest boss in the game without even trying?

Edited by Dawgmuffin

Well even the Warrior was a joke to kill for even me without the Bee. Shouldn't all bosses be hard by that logic? Sounds like they need to do a lot more balancing then...

And skill? LOL skill in a game with random loot and stats... the only skill is using your ability and knowing how to aim...

Warrior is a story boss. Not an end-game raid boss.