Jurassic Park: The Game Roadmap

SpongebobRoundpants

Overview:

+Estimated achievement difficulty:2/10

+Offline: 50 (1000)

+Online: 0

+Approximate amount of time to 1000: 5-10 Hours

+Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 (Replay last scenario)

+Number of missable achievements: 1 Life Finds a Way (Replay scenarios to mop up)

+Do cheat codes disable achievements? No Cheats!

+Does difficulty affect achievements? No Difficulty Select!

+Glitchy achievements? None!

+Unobtainable achievements? None!

+Extra equipment needed? No!

Introduction:

Welcome to Jurassic Park: The Game! This game is a quick and fun 1000 gamerscore. The only missable achievement is Life Finds a Way. You have to complete episode 1 without dying. There is a simple trick though to get this. See step 1. It should take no more than 10 hours to complete the game. The game involves button sequences or actions throughout most of the game. In some parts of the game you will be looking for evidence and clues to move on to the next area.

Whats going on is the security systems have failed and the creatures of the park roam free. Now, a rogue corporation will stop at nothing to acquire the embryos stolen and lost by Denis Nedry.

You will experience a brand new adventure set during the events of the first Jurassic Park movie. See new areas and dinosaurs in this landmark game. (Back cover of game)

Step 1: Play through the game

25 achievements are story related. During the last scenario in the game you have to chose to save Jess or the can. There is an achievement for choosing them. The game automaticaly saves after you chose so you will have to replay that scenario to get the other achievement for picking the other. During episode 1 you must survive without dying. Simply quit the game and load it up again before you see the dying screen and you will be safe.

While playing through the game you will encounter button action sequences. 12 achievements involve this. See the achievement list. During most of these you must do them perfectly. If you make a mistake you will see an X. If you do make a mistake pause the game and select load. You will be at your last checkpoint. During these sequences you will get checkpoints. Make it perfectly to these checkpoints and your progress towards no mistakes will be saved. The hardest button sequence achievement is Clever Girl. Just simply quit out and load up again when you make a mistake and you should have no problem with these achievements. Try getting those achievements in 1 go while playing the game. You lose autosave after you beat the game. It still autosaves but you have to start from the beginning of the episode and not the scenarios.

While playing through the game you must find certain items or perform certain actions. For the achievement World's Best Dad it starts when your riding in the jeep during episode 1. During the ride you will talk to Jess. You must tell her mother was overreacting. A bit further you will be trapped in a bunker from the T-Rex and Triceratops fight. You will talk to Jess again and you must answer "maybe" when she asks if the dinosaurs can break in the bunker. Finally when she's hanging on the ledge at the visitors center above the main door tell her "Don't be stupid" and the achievement should pop.

For the achievement Leftovers, you will find the badge early on when entering the jungle. You find a car that's empty except for a dead body. When told to search for the animal that jumped out of the car you need to adjust the headlights on top of the car facing towards the dark tunnel. Then go there and you will find the badge.

The achievement Perfecto Español is simple. When in the jeep with Nima you must tell her whats going on in spanish. Simply pick the top left answer first. On the second set pick bottom right and on the very last set just pick the bottom left and it should unlock.

The achievement Just Calling my Boyfriend... is when Nima kidnaps you and you are at a campfire. Pick the berries for Nima first which gets you For Medicinal Purposes. After you do that you must distract Nima using dad for Jess to steal the radio that Nima has. Eventually you will be behind a tree and calling rescuers. This nets you this achievement.

In Episode 2, Scene 8 (Sorkin's Lab) you will get the achievement Dropping Eaves. After being sent to pick up boxes head back to the chopper. Hold RT and pick the "Never Mind" dialog. Just listen to them speak and eventually the achievement will pop.

When Nima wakes up from the helicopter crash you will talk to Yoder. Pick these choices to get The Art of the Deal. "Embryo's. Be careful", "Is chivalry dead?", "Must I reveal my daughter?", "I bet he's greedy". Lastly pick "Tell him a Story. Sell it."

Near the end of the game you get trapped in a room from the dinosaurs before entering the tunnels. This is the same room you get the achievement Yoder? More Like ExpLODEr!. While in the room grab the flares above the locker by using Jess's dad. A bit further after traveling in the tunnels you get lost. You have to use the schematic to find your way out. Go to each of the 3 characters and press LB to activate flare. This nets you Zero Blind Mice.

Step 2: Mop up missed achievements

If you missed any achievements simply go to the main menu and load up the scenario you need the achievement in. Don't forget to load up the last scenario to get the other ending achievement for rescuing the can or Jess.

Conclusion:

From just completing the game you will have at least 25 achievements which are story related. Another 12 is for doing the button sequences perfectly. The final 13 achievements are acquired from finding collectibles and doing certain actions. See step 2 for that.

Overall this was a quick easy game. This deserves its spot in the quick 1000's thread. It should take no more than 10 hours to fully complete all achievements.

Helpful Videos:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlvdErb6OLE]Jurassic Park: The Game "Looking Good" Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byApx7Ta8FU]Jurassic Park: The Game "Finding Nima" Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfGnidUOUiw]Jurassic Park: The Game "Barbasolved" Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPCRp9utU3A]Jurassic Park: The Game "You Must Be This Tall to Ride" Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by SpongebobRoundpants

Thanks for putting up a guide. I'm currently on episode 4 and just wanted to add one thing. I believe the "life finds a way" achievement can only be earned on the first episode. I played the 2nd one without dying at all and it didn't pop so just wanted to add that.

Thanks for putting up a guide. I'm currently on episode 4 and just wanted to add one thing. I believe the "life finds a way" achievement can only be earned on the first episode. I played the 2nd one without dying at all and it didn't pop so just wanted to add that.
Ok thanks! I fixed it. If anyone else see's any mistakes please let me know. Edited by SpongebobRoundpants

I finished it last night and did not die at all on the final episode and it didn't pop. I played the 1st scenario this morning without dying and it popped right at the end after the T-Rex leaves. Thanks again for the guide, not a hard game but it was helpful on a couple of them that were a bit vague.

Whats the name of the achievement?

For Medicinal Purposes. Also, if Gerry didn't pick up the flare in the scene before you read the schematic, he won't be able to light the tunnel for the zero blind mice achievement. Its above the lockers before you tell everyone we should get going.

Im guessing your friends with the guy who made the achievement list I mean guide. He didn't put where to do things in the game.

Nope! I dont know the guy but I didnt think his guide was bad. I used your guide for some achievements and after I beat the game I used his guide. His was more helpful for the ones I missed. Both guides would help anybody get a 1000 so I think you both did a good job On your guide

Are the quicktime events the same every time you play a particular scene (like Battlefield 3), or are they randomized (like The Bourne Conspiracy)?

I mean, to get, let's say, the "Welcome to Jurassic Park" achievement, and the first time you play the scene you have to press :abut:, :bbut:, :xbut: then :ybut: (just as an example), will it be the same every time you play that particular scene or does the button combination change every time you play that scene?

Some people need to learn the difference between a roadmap and an achievement guide!

This is a very good roadmap, covers exactly what I want to know before I start a game.

The achievement guide isn't bad it just needs more effort to be up to x360a standards, achievement tiles adding etc... The actual content is probably sufficient.

Are the quicktime events the same every time you play a particular scene (like Battlefield 3), or are they randomized (like The Bourne Conspiracy)?

I mean, to get, let's say, the "Welcome to Jurassic Park" achievement, and the first time you play the scene you have to press :abut:, :bbut:, :xbut: then :ybut: (just as an example), will it be the same every time you play that particular scene or does the button combination change every time you play that scene?

They stay the same.

I agree for a road map the Person who made this did a great job its detailed it even got a few helpful videos, im hoping he does the cheevo guide
I was going to make an achievement guide but I couldn't figure out how to put the achievement pictures onto the achievement guide. I copied and pasted them but nothing is happening. :(

What are you talking about? Around half the achievements in the game are missible. I have no idea why you singled out that one.
Missible is defined as missing an achievement that requires you to play the whole game over or a large section. The achievements for getting perfect in the button sequences are not missable because you can replay scenes.

It should be mentioned that if you do not complete the achievements as you play the story, you lose the ability to auto-save after you complete the story.

What this means, is that if you go back to play scenarios to get the QTE achievements, you must play through in one shot and cannot save your progress midway as the guide suggests. Makes it a bit more tedious, and wish I had known this before finishing the game (I didn't follow the guide because I figured I could go back and get any I missed easy and wanted to just play through and enjoy the story.).

It should be mentioned that if you do not complete the achievements as you play the story, you lose the ability to auto-save after you complete the story.

What this means, is that if you go back to play scenarios to get the QTE achievements, you must play through in one shot and cannot save your progress midway as the guide suggests. Makes it a bit more tedious, and wish I had known this before finishing the game (I didn't follow the guide because I figured I could go back and get any I missed easy and wanted to just play through and enjoy the story.).

Is there an option to enable auto saving again? I just got all those achievements in 1 go so I didn't know. Sorry. The only hard one is the last battle at the end of the game. d

Is there an option to enable auto saving again? I just got all those achievements in 1 go so I didn't know. Sorry. The only hard one is the last battle at the end of the game. d

How I did it was to just replay the entire last episode (Autosave only works if you play from the start of the episode, and not from each individual chapter).

You are right, that last (2nd to last, counting the run to the boat) one is the toughest. I tried it 20-30 times without autosaving, then said screw it and ran the entire chapter. It only took me about 4 loads to get it with auto save enabled, which was soooo much nicer.

Edited by redlight racer