Forge Godlike Item

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Axes, Gods, & Poison does make a Godlike item, I'm lookin' at it right now. On the other hand, I've been workin' on this bloody achievement for three days now. Three days of six hours... I'm gettin' really sick of Puzzle Quest :( I mean, this is not fun. Why, oh, why does it take all this time? I'm about ta just leave this damn game & be happy with 235/250

Edit: Of course now, after I've ranted, 32 more tries & I manage ta forge the item. I guess 250/250 now ^^

Edited by MythosEngineer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got it with the Roadmap Guide suggestion--Axes, Poison, and Gods. It was confusing as some other threads said the Guide was incorrect. The Roadmap worked for me, but, lower on in the actual guide, where it goes achievement by achievement, the suggestion was different--something having to do with Jewels. That did not work, and must be what was meant by "incorrect."

i can confirm with the guide from here i got the achievement on my second attempt

may of been just luck as i kept on gettin 5 in a row giving me 2 anvils at a time

was matching 3 and 4 of a kind done it easily ...

the winning combo for me was

Rune of axes + Rune of Gods + Rune of Plague

Did it today with Rune of Axes, Gods and Plague.

While a big part is luck, skill does play a part, especially your ability to think ahead.

Go for 3 or more anvils matched at the beginning, but towards the end destroy an anvil at all costs unless you are certain that you can get a 3 by not destroying the one (ie. you have 3 anvils in 3 columns, just need to move some down), and really think ahead. Before you make a move that moves an anvil, make sure you know exactly where it will fall. If you don't have 3 anvils on screen, try to destroy gems in the columns you want the anvils to fall into.

It took me about an hour of trying, not too difficult.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Rune of axes + Rune of Gods + Rune of Plague
This worked for me. Got the item first try thanks to:

Go for 3 or more anvils matched at the beginning, but towards the end destroy an anvil at all costs unless you are certain that you can get a 3 by not destroying the one (ie. you have 3 anvils in 3 columns, just need to move some down), and really think ahead. Before you make a move that moves an anvil, make sure you know exactly where it will fall. If you don't have 3 anvils on screen, try to destroy gems in the columns you want the anvils to fall into.
Thanks for the tips everyone. Edited by YourExWife

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
i got it today by using rune of axes, rune of gods, and rune of plague,

it makes the coolest weapon ever; EDGE OF PLAGUE!

+6 damage for every 6 you do, 40% chance of causing disease per hit.

This is the best item I have made and in my opinion the best in the game.

• 1 month later...

not sure if anyone else has already mentioned this or not, but to help in obtaining this achievement you can let the game make the moves for you. if you sit long enough, the game will tell you the best possible current move. this will not work 100% of the time since any new jewels, etc that appear on screen are randomized, but it will ease some of the stress of trying to do it manually. i've used this method for forging many other items, so i imagine this will help in forging the godlike item, as well.