I skipped this....Is it worth the playthrough?

Taboner

I'd say it's most definetly worth it! I loved that game!

My friend got it and did'nt like the setup of the game, but I loved how you get to follow each squad member and their own "story" what happened after the orbital drop.

I'm currently trying to set up a team for my second playthrough on Heroic, possibly Legendary, but very few (none) at my local 360-site is willing try it cuz they seem to think ODST sux :D

I read a few books as well and think different events outside of the Master Chief main story only makes the Halo universe a richer one! :woop:

• 2 weeks later...

It's all about the story here. It plays just like the Halo you have come to love, except you don't run around as a God amongst men (a spartan). You're just a troop. No shields. No beating down brutes. No chucking grenades 100 yards. No Battle Rifles /sad face. I just finished beating this solo on legendary yesterday and it was TOUGH. You'll start being scared of brutes and dreading hunters. But once you get the hang of it, you'll start cruising.

The story is really cool, but kind of takes more than one play through to absorb it all (kind of goes for any Halo game though). Also, I didn't beat this game until after beating Reach and I got a bit more out of it (if you don't read the books you'll get more out of the story). I would definitely recommend giving this one a go. It's enjoyable and cool to play as something other than a spartan/elite. If you need tips for legendary, let me know!

It's all about the story here. It plays just like the Halo you have come to love, except you don't run around as a God amongst men (a spartan). You're just a troop. No shields. No beating down brutes. No chucking grenades 100 yards. No Battle Rifles /sad face. I just finished beating this solo on legendary yesterday and it was TOUGH. You'll start being scared of brutes and dreading hunters. But once you get the hang of it, you'll start cruising.

The story is really cool, but kind of takes more than one play through to absorb it all (kind of goes for any Halo game though). Also, I didn't beat this game until after beating Reach and I got a bit more out of it (if you don't read the books you'll get more out of the story). I would definitely recommend giving this one a go. It's enjoyable and cool to play as something other than a spartan/elite. If you need tips for legendary, let me know!

Great post man!! Lots of info!!

I reckon it has the best story type telling out of all the Halos

+1

Instead of trying to be "epic" like Halo 2 and 3, it's a much closer, more personal story like Halo: CE was, and to me, that made it MUCH more enjoyable. Reach was good in this respect too, but I still enjoyed Halo: CE and ODST the most out of the series story-wise.

• 2 weeks later...

While it isn't like Halo 3 or Halo 2 it is in some cases its own type of Halo. You aren't a spartan so it gives a different perspective on the Halo universe if you haven't played many halo games and since it introduced firefight it is pretty fun. I think its and easy 1000 GS and fun game overall.

• 3 weeks later...

I would have to say ODST is my favorite Halo game. The story is amazing, and so are the characters. I wouldn't buy it though, not many people play it and the campaign is pretty short. Over all, if you get the chance to rent it or borrow it (maybe even buy it cheap) then you should. The campaign is great and not being a weapon of mass destruction adds new challenges to the game also. Plus Buck is one of the coolest characters across the whole Haloverse!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This is the only Halo game which has a story on par with CE. It has one of the best atmospheres I had seen in a long time especially while trekking through Mombasa Streets. The music is the BEST of the series so melancholic and it is not really epic, it is there to create the mood of the situation. I consider this the last Halo game made by Bungie, Reach is just the ugly deformed delinquent with the railway spike sticking out of its head.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I totally hated this the first playthrough. Then i beat reach and went back and played it!! I thought the game was great!! DO it man!!

I was exactly the same my first playthrough, I wasn't that thrilled by it. But once I got used to the open New Mombasa street plan, I started to warm to it. And theres aspects of the firefights I enjoy much more than Reach's. I played through the ODST campaign again over the weekend to get the Good Samaritan cheevo, much more rewarding than I first gave it credit for.