Secret Levels Help

BreTeK

Hey,

Does anyone know how to get to the secret levels in the middle of the map (the circles instead of the standard rectangles on the map)? I think there are just 2.

I know how to get to the ones at the end of the game.

There are certain stages where there are targets marked with a red "TARGET" triangle above them. Make sure you kill them. One is the stealth bomber, another one is on the stage where you fly through the tunnels. After the first tunnel, hold the LT to go slow and a target will fly by you before you enter the second tunnel. Another section has you kill 10 helicopters while you are flying through a canyon. These can all be done super easy after you unlock the unlimited climax in the EX mode. Just hold down LB the whole time you are flying to rack up your score. All of the EX challenges will be a cinch after unlocking this mode.

There are certain stages where there are targets marked with a red "TARGET" triangle above them. Make sure you kill them. One is the stealth bomber, another one is on the stage where you fly through the tunnels. After the first tunnel, hold the LT to go slow and a target will fly by you before you enter the second tunnel. Another section has you kill 10 helicopters while you are flying through a canyon. These can all be done super easy after you unlock the unlimited climax in the EX mode. Just hold down LB the whole time you are flying to rack up your score. All of the EX challenges will be a cinch after unlocking this mode.

Sorry but these are emergency missions not secret missions...

To gain access to the secret levels you need to have at least a diffculy rating of 4 stars for the first secret area (I am unsure how many is needed for the second area). As you play through the game, the difficulty increases and this is shown on the right of your HUD where it says "Stage - " indicated by stars.

Basicly you gain a star for every round you clear and lose a star for every live you lose. So in short, don't die and you'll find the secret missions no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm it is to do with the stars, as many times I would complete the target bits but not get the missions show up as bonus. As soon as I had 4 stars going into the first it opened up and I believe they have to be shiny silvery for the next one... I have no idea which of these affect the ending though... What is weird is that there are supposidly only 4 targets yet I got the EX thing for always having the bonus mission pop up after only 2 and a half runs. So 3rd proper run was using that though I had a pretty much perfect run too and it was the first time I had seen that plane on 13B... So maybe you have to do something to get that to appear too or i just missed it on the other runs...