Psycho Chickan

Who would win mano-a-mano?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win mano-a-mano?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: Btw, the link doesn't work for all previous battles....

Thanks, all fixed now. Added one too many URL tags :)

*Also, is it not a bit unfair that Vader gets two chances to win this thing seeing as he and Anakin Skywalker (who is in the next face off) are the same person? :p

Iz confused. Why does Vader get two chances? annakin Skywalker isn't in the next face off. Next one is a really dumb one with Minty up against Solid Snake

Edited by Psycho Chickan

Thats true =)

But i know that in the Star Wars saga there i one metal that is Lightsaber proof but im not sure what its called =)

True. Mandalorian iron is resistent to lightsaber attack, found in Mandalorian armor, when it was properly used. Of which, I don't believe Wolverine has any of. And even if he did it would be of no use to him as Vadar with the force still wins easily. Unless of course he could get his hands on an ysalamir, then it could get interesting.

True. Mandalorian iron is resistent to lightsaber attack, found in Mandalorian armor, when it was properly used. Of which, I don't believe Wolverine has any of. And even if he did it would be of no use to him as Vadar with the force still wins easily. Unless of course he could get his hands on an ysalamir, then it could get interesting.

Thats the metal :D

And nope Wolverine has none of that on his Skeleton only adamantium.

Wolverine hands down. He's much faster than Darth vader, and Darth vader can't use the "force" and a saber at the same time. You have to remember, Darth vader is a burnt up cookie. He can't jump around like he did in the first 3.

Darth Vader is a human, Wolverine is a mutant with regeneration powers. Wolverine would take vader's hand off before he could even swing his light saber.

Besides, I'm not so sure a lightsaber can go through adamantium. Show me some proof? They have trouble going through regular metal doors.

Even if Vader were to hit wolverine, the light saber would not go through instantly as it would flesh. Wolverine has a skeleton made up of the hardest metal known to "man". He may be able to hit wolverine, but wolvering would kill Vader far before he got a second or third swing.

Most of you aren't taking into account how weak a lightsaber is against anything besides flesh and are playing with your own lightsabers while thinking about how cool vader is.

I mean, think about how many Marvel villians there are that could totally poop all over darth vader, and the wolverine has beat most of them.

And what is vader's record? 0 for 2 pretty much?

Edited by Sizzlebuzz

You clearly are not a Star Wars fan and have little knowledge of how the characters, specifically force sensitive characters, are in that universe. Vader would have little problem disposing of Wolverine or any other mutant for that matter with or without a lightsaber. Vader would be able to use the force to do anything he pleased with Wolverine, which includes suspending him in air and and choking him until all life left him.

I would be willing to bet that a lightsaber would cut through the adamanium as well. No proof as this is a completely fictional discussion. But a lightsaber has the ability to cut clean through any metal in the SW Universe, except Mandalorian iron, which has to be folded multiple times to be strong enough to survive. You mention that a lightsaber has trouble cutting through metal, what are you talking about? The movies? When the Jedi are trying to cut a hole through a 12" thick door? Every single droid that comes in contact with a saber is cut down immediately. With or without the saber, the battle doesn't last long. Vader has the ability to control the force, which gives him the ability to control Wolverine. And actually Vader's record is far better than 0-2. You are not taking into account the hundreds of jedi he slayed as part of Order 66. Or those he hunted between Episode III & IV. Or any of the destruction he caused from Episode III on.

The exact same could be said of you pal. You aren't a Marvel fan and know very little of marvel characters.

There are hundreds of marvel characters more powerful than Vader. Hell, I could list 10 Marvel characters that could kill vader in an instant without even trying.

You're basically saying very little except that you think star wars is the total shit. Which is what these polls are anymore. Nobody takes into account anything except who they like more.

No, I'm not a vader fan, as for wolverine, I would say I like him more. But not to an extraordinary amount. They are both pretty much the same to me.

I tell you what, you go ahead and live your force sensative Jedi fantasy, and I'll just put my vote in for wolverine.

All hail the Light Saber.

Also, alot of metal is folded multiple times. Especially when making things. I don't think it being folded is what makes it strong. Adamantium however, is the strongest metal known to man in the marvel universe, which I am willing to bet is stronger or as strong as anything in the star wars universe. But since there is no real way to compare fictional metals, how can you think he can cut through one and not the other?

Anyway, I'm done having this retarded little argument with you. You're only argument is that one fake metal is stronger than another fake metal. And that one fake weapon is stronger than another fake weapon. And that you're a huge Star Wars Fan.

Also, never in any movie do I remember Vader controlling anyone. I remember him threatening people. But not controlling anyone.

All I know, is that Darth vader isn't that great on Soul Caliber. Yoda is much better. And no, I've never played the Force Unleashed.

Edited by Sizzlebuzz

Ah, here you are wrong my x360a friend. I am a fan of Marvel. I won't go so far as to say I have as great of knowledge of that universe but I still do enjoy it very much. And Wolverine happens to be my favorite mutant and I am not a fan of Vader, there are many more Sith Lords that would trump him. I am however a pretty smart person and can understand what, in the SW Universe, the force is and how jedi are able to do the things they do. Based on that knowledge, with or without the lightsaber since you do make the point about adamanium being the toughest in that universe, I still know with his ability to control the force Vader would dominate Wolverine in a battle.

Ah, here you are wrong my x360a friend. I am a fan of Marvel. I won't go so far as to say I have as great of knowledge of that universe but I still do enjoy it very much. And Wolverine happens to be my favorite mutant and I am not a fan of Vader, there are many more Sith Lords that would trump him. I am however a pretty smart person and can understand what, in the SW Universe, the force is and how jedi are able to do the things they do. Based on that knowledge, with or without the lightsaber since you do make the point about adamanium being the toughest in that universe, I still know with his ability to control the force Vader would dominate Wolverine in a battle.

How? By dropping stuff on him? Throwing him around? I'm sure Vader would tire long before Wolverine would die. He can't use the force forever.

And Wolverine's regeneration can be pretty instant. At least for movie purposes.

Well to end this particular argument that is all he would need to do. This face-off mentions only doing 3 rounds for a minimal amount of time. In which case keeping Wolverine at bay would be plenty to win the battle. Still think a force choke would finish the battle off right away though. Not sure how you can regenerate without any air to breath.

Well to end this particular argument that is all he would need to do. This face-off mentions only doing 3 rounds for a minimal amount of time. In which case keeping Wolverine at bay would be plenty to win the battle. Still think a force choke would finish the battle off right away though. Not sure how you can regenerate without any air to breath.

I don't think so. And anyway, I don't think Darth vader could use "the force" for more than a few minutes. Wasn't that a big thing in the first 3 movies? About the force not being able to be over used. It takes a lot out of them.

As for choking wolverine, I don't know. But what kind of pussy goes around choking people anyway? Seems pretty stupid. if that's how you want to run this, just make Darth Vader win the whole rest of the competition right away.

And I don't think Wolverine can die. Being he is over 100 years old. Choking him and crushing his throat making him unable to breath would work as long as he is doing it. But once it's done, it would regenerate. As would anything damaged due to loss of air?

You should give it a shot mate. About $30AU now and well worth the money. A little repetetive but plenty of combos and a great platform/button masher if you're into that sort of thing :)

I enjoy hack and slash games. This game would probably be fun. Currently I have very little money to spend on games though.

Edited by Sizzlebuzz

I don't think so. And anyway, I don't think Darth vader could use "the force" for more than a few minutes. Wasn't that a big thing in the first 3 movies? About the force not being able to be over used. It takes a lot out of them.

As for choking wolverine, I don't know. But what kind of pussy goes around choking people anyway? Seems pretty stupid. if that's how you want to run this, just make Darth Vader win the whole rest of the competition right away.

And I don't think Wolverine can die. Being he is over 100 years old. Choking him and crushing his throat making him unable to breath would work as long as he is doing it. But once it's done, it would regenerate. As would anything damaged due to loss of air?

The force being overused as part of the movies??? There is no point in continuing this. You can come up with no argument that has any knowledge behind it and as such we will continue to go around in circles.

But before I go, I would like you to rethink your who goes around choking people statement. You must not be familiar with MMA. Many world class fighters go around choking people. Don't think you would fair to well calling them all pussies for choking people out:)

My only question would be is if Wolverine was unable to breath for some underdetermined amount of time and essentially flatlined(for this purpose oxygen stopped getting to his brain completely and his heart stopped), would his regenerative powers still save him? Anyone know the answer to this?