PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Sleeping Dogs > Year of the Snake
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
tunaleg

Tunaleg's Gamercard
Thoughts/Opinions

For those of you who've got this, how is it? I couldn't find any reviews yet. Hopefully it's better than 'Nightmare'
tunaleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:58 AM   #2
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Better than Nightmare (but not by much). It had potential to be a little better.

I would give it a 2/5 or 5/10.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #3
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
I would give it a 2/5 or 5/10.
What is it now!? A 2/5 which means a Porsche or a 5/10 which indicates a Lamborghini!?

Edit: Fucking suspicious cars bomb disposal SUCKS ASS. Fucking navigation through the fucking town. How I'm suppose to get rid of a car if everything is blocked to the ocean. ANNOYING!!!

100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbo360 & XboxOne)
100% > Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 03-13-2013 at 03:34 PM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
Belvik

Belvik's Gamercard
I got the game cheap and enjoyed it a lot, so I figured I would buy the dlc to support the makers. It was really short and there was pretty much zero depth to the main story line missions. The side missions took 1-5 minutes each (only because the catch pickpocket missions make you run too damn much). There were also 4 favors the were just as easy. Overall, I enjoyed the Nightmare dlc more.

Belvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #5
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Edit: Fucking suspicious cars bomb disposal SUCKS ASS. Fucking navigation through the fucking town. How I'm suppose to get rid of a car if everything is blocked to the ocean. ANNOYING!!!
Seriously! This is annoying the hell out of me because for some stupid reason, they neglected to include line navigation with this DLC. You have to bring up the map every 5 seconds to navigate your way around, which is really fucking annoying when you have to rush. How did they manage to break a feature that worked fine during the main campaign??

Also,

~ The only grapple move you can perform is the taser. I'm a friggin kung fu master.....do you mind if I show these thugs something besides an electric shock? I miss breaking bones.

~ Standalone DLC means once again you don't get to use jack shit from your main save. You get a cop car, a bike and one outfit. Yipee. All of those cars and outfits we bought are collecting dust.....again.

~ WAY too many 'chase this guy until he catches up to his friends' missions/side missions/favors.

~ What is the purpose of collecting the evidence bags, besides the achievement?? Shits and giggles?

~The side missions and favors are really stupid and unrealistic. What kind of cop delivers shakedown money to a vendor for some random idiot on the street? Even the vendor mocks you for it. (which is kind of funny, but it should have made the devs think...."Hmm, this is kinda stupid".
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #6
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSpider72 View Post
Seriously! This is annoying the hell out of me because for some stupid reason, they neglected to include line navigation with this DLC. You have to bring up the map every 5 seconds to navigate your way around, which is really fucking annoying when you have to rush. How did they manage to break a feature that worked fine during the main campaign??
Yeah man. What I did was getting a car, drove to the other car that I need to get rid of and checked the best route and way to the ocean and any open passage. Once I memorized the path, I jumped into the suspicious vehicle and yeah job done.

Only good thing and what I really enjoyed in this dumb ass DLC was Wei Shen's cursing and everytime he blew himself up. Body parts all over the place haha!

100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbo360 & XboxOne)
100% > Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #7
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I liked that he was busted down to street cop, but still happy to outright murder perps on a pile of swordfish heads.

DLC was fun, can't complain much for 560 points. It was kinda short and completed easily, but I enjoyed it more than Dead Spaces 3's Awakened.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #8
Wii187

Finagles's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Very short and they didn't add any new types of enemies which was what I enjoyed about Nightmare.

Get it cause:
1. You love the genre.
2. It's not 800msp for a short DLC.
3. A Square Enix sale is on now which could mean it won't be on sale for a while.

Wii187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:09 AM   #9
Demolition D

Demolition D's Gamercard
Wow. Im a little surprised people hating on the dlc's. minus the black screen issue. I really liked nightmare. Thought it was hilarious! And this dlc is fun! Maybe im a little bias because this is one of my favorite games. Sorry some of you are disappointed. But at least it was only 560.
Demolition D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #10
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demolition D View Post
Wow. Im a little surprised people hating on the dlc's. minus the black screen issue. I really liked nightmare. Thought it was hilarious! And this dlc is fun! Maybe im a little bias because this is one of my favorite games. Sorry some of you are disappointed. But at least it was only 560.
I agree with you. I didn't see what was that bad about it. To me, it was WAY better then Nightmare in North Point. That shit was just retarded.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #11
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Now that I think about it, I hated the car bomb missions too lol. I think the DLC took me an extra hour to complete due to the fact that I failed on those missions like 5+ times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSpider72 View Post

~ WAY too many 'chase this guy until he catches up to his friends' missions/side missions/favors.

~ What is the purpose of collecting the evidence bags, besides the achievement?? Shits and giggles?
Lol, it seems some collectibles in games nowadays don't make any sense. The evidence bags were really stupid. And the side jobs were lame, you should be able to take out the target before he reaches his gang.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:59 AM   #12
tunaleg

Tunaleg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Lol, it seems some collectibles in games nowadays don't make any sense.
Agreed. One exception I can think of is Max Payne 3, the golden guns were awesome!
tunaleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #13
Mechwolfosx

MechWolfOSX's Gamercard
I found the car bomb missions easy. Go check out where you can drive a car in the ocean, and then drive it into the ocean. What was so difficult?
Mechwolfosx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #14
Fingercut

Fingercut's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberPirateNinja View Post
DLC was fun, can't complain much for 560 points. It was kinda short and completed easily, but I enjoyed it more than Dead Spaces 3's Awakened.
Are you crazy ????Awakened its more fun enjoyable and you can play with a friend in coop.Sleeping Dogs DLC it's just correct not much.

People who not sure to grab this ,Wait for a special 50% sale like me
Fingercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #15
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Short DLC with really easy achievements. Worth getting at half price.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #16
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Both DLC's were pretty mediocre. I did like it slightly more than "Nightmare in North Point" though. Both were VERY short, but made to feel slightly longer due to the grinding of kills in "Nightmare" and the 7-8 smallish side missions in "Year of the Snake". I also felt that given the timeline in the story, this could've just been added to the main game after you finish the storyline, as opposed to accessing it from the main menu.
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:32 AM   #17
Proclaimer001

Proclaimer001's Gamercard
Thumbs down Disappointing

Got Year of the Snake 50% off and after reading these posts, I agree Year of the Snake was disappointing.

Even being so short Year of the Snake is very repetitive. There are a few features that are enjoyable but you only enjoy them a short time then they end before they can go anywhere. The plot is lackluster and the ending very bland. The few redeeming qualities are the unlockables that can also be used for the main story but nothing that would save this dlc.

Year of the Snake expands on the driving and shooting while Nightmare in Northpoint expands on the fighting where the game shines. If you only plan to get one, get Nightmare in Northpoint.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:54 AM   #18
TheRealRedX

Say Goodbye Sir's Gamercard
i think its quite awesome

(Thanks Raj! For The Epic Sig!)

Want a Sig Request One In My Thread
TheRealRedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:55 PM   #19
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
It was okay... but Nightmare was more enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:49 AM   #20
ikuyok

ikuyoK's Gamercard
Yots was like twice as long as ninp. But still very short. More story is always appreciated. I hope there is another sleeping dogs of some sort in the future.
ikuyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:42 AM   #21
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Never had issues with the car bombs seeing as they are always near the sea.

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY.

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote