Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Achievement Guide & Roadmap

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are the main quest are the must do in this game and they very hard at the start?

if you dont do the main 5 quests you will fail regardless of how many side quests you did. main quests actually get harder the longer you leave them

but you really do have more than enough time in this game to do the main and side quests. you can everything you can but still have time to explore or do what ever

Edited by Lewie B I ReQ

if you dont do the main 5 quests you will fail regardless of how many side quests you did. main quests actually get harder the longer you leave them

but you really do have more than enough time in this game to do the main and side quests. you can everything you can but still have time to explore or do what ever

Not sure the official guide is worth it because I have the guide.I did beat the game alot of times.Thanks for the help.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm amazed this game took me less than 45 hours.. not looking for a cookie.. just shocked for an FF title it wasn't going to take 90+ hours. Hell even FF3 on the windows phone took 150+ hours.. lots of grinding. Thanx for the guide

Are you a speedrun player? True, the game can be finished very quickly. If you want the full experience however, it can take you more than 100 hrs.

I spent 3 playthroughs doing all side quests, collecting & fully upgrading all my accessories, and maxing out all abilities I liked. That took me around 120 hrs.

definitely not a speed run player.. i'm no stranger to long grinds.. I did restart the game once because I wasn't liking my progress.. and then 2 playthroughs after that.. there just really wasn't anything 'grindy' about this game is all.. I couldn't even kill Aeronite the first time through.. had to wait on him til the 2nd. was still enjoyable though which is what matters

• 3 months later...

Imaginary, stellar update! I absolutely love how you categorized them into what days they become available. Your guide instantly went from good to awesome, so thank you very much for that. You made my mop up quite a bit easier :) Thanks dude.

Edit: When I first played, I didn't know about healing the chocobo (loaded an old save when I started playing again). For The Chocobo's Savior, if you've already completed main quest 3, is it possible to go back and do it? Or has it been missed for me?

Edited by Floyd.

Imaginary, stellar update! I absolutely love how you categorized them into what days they become available. Your guide instantly went from good to awesome, so thank you very much for that. You made my mop up quite a bit easier :) Thanks dude.

Edit: When I first played, I didn't know about healing the chocobo (loaded an old save when I started playing again). For The Chocobo's Savior, if you've already completed main quest 3, is it possible to go back and do it? Or has it been missed for me?

Is this guide better to use instead of the official guide and I got 20 achievements so far.

I believe fully healing the holy chocobo can still be done before reaching Day 14. You need to heal it to the extent that it can glide to reach the Valhalla already. Just keep giving more food items to it and it should be fully healed in no time.

Is this guide better to use instead of the official guide and I got 20 achievements so far.

My guide is for achievements, not a walkthrough, so it is never as detailed as an official guide. What most people struggle with should be the side quests and I already included a link to another of my thread about all locations and starting time of all side quests. If you need further help, I suggest you go to Youtube and look for video guides.

Edited by ImaginaryRuins

I believe fully healing the holy chocobo can still be done before reaching Day 14. You need to heal it to the extent that it can glide to reach the Valhalla already. Just keep giving more food items to it and it should be fully healed in no time

Yeah, I went there today in order to take on Main 5, and saw one of the options was to give items. Thanks :D

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Skorpion XBA and has been published as the Official XboxAchievements.com Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official XboxAchievements.com Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!