Solution for Reflexes...

I noticed a lot of people were struggling with these Reflexes, so here's something that should help. Do individual chapters, but do this...

For Machete and Jungle Mutants-Do Chapter 5-1 (The Beginning of the End), and play this all the way through until 5-2, then back out and re-load 5-1.

For Machine Gunners and Special Military Units-Do Chapter 4-3 (Please Excuse Our Dust), and just play through until you get to the checkpoint where you jump up a ledge and start jumping across 3 or 4 ropes to get close to Gambit. Then back out and re-load 4-3.

Lastly, For-Robots-Do Chapter 3-2 (Project Wideawake), and keep playing until you use the Doc's hand to access the elevator, on the elevator you get a checkpoint...when it's done saving, back out...and Repeat...

Hope this helps everyone. :woop:

NOTE: You can also do 1.1 for Machete, some people find this easier for this..as for the others, they remain the best Solutions hands down. ;)

Edited by Invader2010

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely there's a better place for machete reflex? At least i hope there is.

I used 5-1 to level up Jungle Mutants, but got hardly any machete from there at all... The only other place i can think of is 1-1 but as it's the first level i doubt you'll get much there either :confused:

Apart from that, those locations are spot on!

Surely there's a better place for machete reflex? At least i hope there is.

I used 5-1 to level up Jungle Mutants, but got hardly any machete from there at all... The only other place i can think of is 1-1 but as it's the first level i doubt you'll get much there either :confused:

Apart from that, those locations are spot on!

Not really, if all you have left is Machete, do 5-1 since there is more experience, kill everything until the checkpoint with the first leviathon and just back out and re-do it. DO NOT, sit there and kill the little guys over and over again, focus on the ones that are white in feral vision!

I found playing 1-1 until you get to the part where all the enemies are on the bridge then reloading made my Machete reflex go up way faster than the 5-1 method.

For all the other enemies listed by the OP though, I used your method and it worked great. I did Machete last, I noticed when I was doing 5-1 and getting the Jungle Mutants the Machete bar barely moved. Doing the section of 1-1 made the bar move 1/6 - 1/5 each time and only took a couple minutes each time.

Now I've got everything I can, just have to play through on Hard.

I found playing 1-1 until you get to the part where all the enemies are on the bridge then reloading made my Machete reflex go up way faster than the 5-1 method.

For all the other enemies listed by the OP though, I used your method and it worked great. I did Machete last, I noticed when I was doing 5-1 and getting the Jungle Mutants the Machete bar barely moved. Doing the section of 1-1 made the bar move 1/6 - 1/5 each time and only took a couple minutes each time.

I dont think so man, you must have been doin 5-1 wrong..cuz thats the fastest. ;)

I dont think so man, you must have been doin 5-1 wrong..cuz thats the fastest. ;)

I don't know how I could've been killing enemies wrong, but sure, that sounds good.

What I do know is, playing the exact section of 5-1 as you said, my Jungle Mutants bar went up about 1/6 - 1/5 each time. My Machete bar went up about 1/10 - 1/8 each time.

Playing 1-1 the way I listed got my Machete bar up 1/6 - 1/5 each time and took 1/3 the time than 5-1. So for level/reflex increase and time spent both were far better FOR ME, FOR WHATEVER REASON, in 1-1.

EDIT: I noticed that the level or strength of the enemy did not matter.

Thx for the tip i'm finding this way more easier and faster then 5-1 :)

i realized while going for robots an jungle mutants.. use what he said the 3-2 chapter for robots.. but when you get to the long elevator ride play out the next checkpoint you fight a lot of jungle mutants shifters machettes an 1 uh i forget his name.. but hes always a statue with swords on his back.. you get some pretty good reflex on that an just quit when you get to the whole load screen with wolverine in the background an back in the facility

Edited by iincrdblhlk

I agree wit demonI81 n audio radar, 1-1 was better. for the machete reflex the human guys wit the machetes gives u more than the mutants wit the machetes that get spawned. both 1-1 n 5-1 r good but i did find 1-1 easier. i thought bcuz the later levels would be better bcuz they were stronger but it didnt help much for that reflex. oh well to each his own i guess. whatever works best for urselves. i jus gotta add that i did enjoy the game except for this reflex crap lol.

this achievement sux.. and doing it on my 2nd playthrough on hard mode makes it worse.. since i thought that everything carried over from my first play through...

anywho.. 5.1 for the machete and jungle mutants is great.. and use feral mode on the machete guys.. the white colored ones spawn more yellow colored ones pretty much infinitely.. so just keep slaying those

this achievement sux.. and doing it on my 2nd playthrough on hard mode makes it worse.. since i thought that everything carried over from my first play through...

anywho.. 5.1 for the machete and jungle mutants is great.. and use feral mode on the machete guys.. the white colored ones spawn more yellow colored ones pretty much infinitely.. so just keep slaying those

Hard isnt hard..especially if you have your upgrades. But DO NOT kill the little guys over and over, go for the White ones, the ones that respawn over and over dont count :/

What actually makes Hard different? Is it just the enemies are harder?

And what machete guys actually improve your reflexes? Is it the machete champion guys? Or the guys with the two machetes that create two of themselves? or both :D?