Power-up combos for each song

DROGTURIST

I thought we could start a thread with suggestions for power-up combinations that help you get an easy gold 5 star score. I haven't gotten that many gold star scores yet, but I found a method for one song anyway...

Barenaked Ladies - One Week: Bandmate/Runaway/Super Vocals

Basically just activate Bandmate on the vocal track as often as you can and there you go, free gold score.

Anyone have any other tips like that? I'm assuming doing the same basic thing with drums or guitar works wonders on Iron Maiden and Blink 182...

Good idea man. I was hoping someone would start a thread like this. I have just about half of the songs gold starred so far. My power-up combo is Bottle Rocket / Blast Notes / Super _____. I change super instruments according to song, usually by which part is the most difficult. However sometimes that is not always the case and I will switch to an instrument that is consistently playing throughout the song. I also like to use Super Vocals a lot because it keeps me close to the keyboard which I tend to forget about. Plus vocals are pretty prominent in every song. My strategy is to build up my multipliers instantly (obviously) and go for overdrive and blast notes. I use my Bottle Rockets as soon as I can so I can jack up my multipliers before the first check point. Once all the multipliers are maxed I start hoarding overdrive and stick to the track I have super instrument on, only leaving to get overdrive (if I'm full I shoot off a Bottle Rocket before finishing the phrase so I stay maxed) and Blast Notes. Once I pass a checkpoint I stick to my super instruments lane and go crazy on Bottle Rockets, still making sure I collect overdrive and hitting blast notes when possible. You can raise all your multipliers pretty quick when spamming Bottle Rockets. Then once your maxed again you go back to hoarding and wait for the the next checkpoint and repeat. Sometimes this works perfectly and you never have to leave your super instrument lane and others you may have to do a little maneuvering for some extra star power or manually go to a track to finish it up. Using this method I gold starred the following songs on sight-read...

Always

I'm Still Standing

Jessie's Girl

Jungle Boogie

A Little Less Sixteen Candles...

Moves Like Jagger

One Week

Raise Your Glass

Stronger

We Are Young

The Wicker Man

I played a lot of my DLC first to familiarize myself with the game and to build up coins. If anyone has any tips I would love to hear them. I can't gold star Spoonman to save my life. I tried numerous times and the highest I got was 318,000 and still nothing. I used this method with Super Bass and it just isn't happening, so if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. Sorry for the novel here, but hopefully this will help some people out.